• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NaturallyArrognt

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Boerne
    First off that sux man and thnx for letting us know... ya thats why i only do local sales FTF and dont trust money upfront for anything.

Ya u can reprint but if u bring a pen and u also check the band in the bill then u should be ok granted its not 100% ever but its alot smarter then just accepting the money and not checking.
    Even that countermeasure can be bypassed, one technique is to print a higher denomination on a washed bill (i.e. taking a $5 bill and making it a $100 one)...

Counterfeiters Washing $5 Bills, Reprinting Them as $100s in Louisiana | Fox News

Because they use the paper from real money, they will pass the pen test! :ohnoes:
    Target Sports

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    First off that sux man and thnx for letting us know... ya thats why i only do local sales FTF and dont trust money upfront for anything.

Ya u can reprint but if u bring a pen and u also check the band in the bill then u should be ok granted its not 100% ever but its alot smarter then just accepting the money and not checking.

Luckily, I don't sell guns, ammo, accessories...I'm more of a "consumer" when it comes to that stuff!

I'm serious, I have only traded one firearm my entire life, and that was for another (better) firearm!

I'm a hoarder!

Cheers! M2

Patrón

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    San Antonio
    Dont send money anywhere, period. Cash in hand, face to face only. Problem solved, no scam, only thing that could happen is you get robbed. And even then, you can easily prevent that by meeting at a good location, ie gunstore. Stop giving/sending money through the internet.
    Exactly. It says everything you just said on the website. it is a great website. I have had 12 purchase transactions and about ten sales transactions all perfect. What are people going to do next, complain that craig's list is horrible too?

Good luck OP, I hope you can get some money back or at least get the guy in trouble.

tecknomage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    tennessee
    just got ripped my shelf, differnt name, but same address.. I didnt know anyof this untill now. Anything be done?
    IF we get combined & to or over 5K... FBI will work it. Just got off the phone with old time friend that is with the breau.

KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    Was the screen name Opptape ? Cause I know that the jack wagon that ripped me off has that Screen name too and he lists himself as living in Weslaco.

winchester73

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Waco, Texas
    As my grandfather always said "if it sounds too good to be true, it normally is" Unfortunately for every good deal there are 10 scams, and I agree with everyone else, FTF is the way to go.

Pinlifter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    DFW
    I am a global mod for another site that had a very active classified section.

We went to a "premium sub to sell" policy because it cut down on spam and scams, plus it gave us a little more information on our sellers. That way when the seller turned out to be a scanner, we had some basic information to give the authorities.

Submit a police report regarding the theft, and ask whoever is in charge of your case to send a subpoena to TGT for any and all information regarding g that sellers account.

I have a bunch of experience with online scanners from that site, and in the end, if it sounds too good to be true, it always is. Nobody is going to give their stuff away.

gunbubba

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    TexasGunTrader and FloridaGunTrader are owned by the same guy, David Bradford. They are both rife with fraudulent ads and they don't appear to care about it. No one has never answered any emails that I have sent to the admin@texasguntrader.com email address regarding the fake ads. I did find his address through some 'googling' Here is a link to that information Ftf Guns in Austin, TX 78727 - (512) 505-8507 - Firearms - BuzzFile.com The address shows to be 13103 Broughton Way, Austin, TX 78727, and if you cross it with Traviscad.org you get David and Melinda Bradford, the phone number is the 512-505-8507 number listed previously, and apparently he has a business called 'FTF Guns' at that address, but there is no FFL listed at that address, so FTF Guns is probably just a DBA.

One way to avoid the scams is to copy the header of the ad or some of the body of the ad and run it through a search engine, usually you will find that those ads are copied from other sites like Gunbroker.com or Auctionarms.com. The only way to get an ad removed from Texasguntrader.com is to flag it, and I'm not sure how well that works. I now avoid doing any business on Texasguntrader and I have also contacted some of the businesses who advertise on there to let them know. I hate that, with everything that is going on, TGT allows these scammers to run roughshod over the site. There are a lot of newbies using the internet to find a gun and letting them get ripped off is not going to help expand the community.

landin18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Houston, TX/// Edinburg, TX
    hey guys not everyone down in the Rio Grande Valley is a Scammer. We have alot of upstanding gun lovers down here as well as POS's. Please dont generalize. I have sold and bought a few rifles/pistols through both TGT and this site with good results. Good luck getting some payback on this dousch.

nate691023

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    You need to go post this on TEXASGUNTRRADER.com.

I have learned to have the person call me on my cell. IF they want to sale me a firearm off TGT. IF they do not. I do not buy. If they just text back and forth. I will not buy. Once i get a number from someone. I google it to see were they are. Then I call them back and ask what part of the State they are in and what city and what part of the city. If they do not give me that info. I will not buy..

Hope this helps you out.

Obama is a Fraud

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    I have had many many successful transactions (buying and selling) via Texas Gun Trader ....BUT I only work with those who will meet face to face and even then I carry my .45 in case someone wants to get a little screwy.

ceska

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Damn, sorry to hear about your misfortune! Thanks for posting to make others aware of the length some scumbags will go to in order to defraud.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I've done mail deals both directions, but only with members of this board.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I prefer to deal FTF. I would sell out of state, but through my favorite gun store to whatever FFL the buyer wanted to use. FFL dealers are very careful in firearms transactions. That is why we pay their fees. I usually take a rider along with me when dealing FTF deals. My "shotgun" rider is always armed and alert for any nonsense. You can never be too careful.
    Many years ago I shopped at a local gunstore fairly often and competed in shotgun sports with them. One day when I entered the store I noticed everyone was wearing a sidearm. They had not done that before. When I asked about it, they told me a customer had come in one day to look at a pistol in their display case. The clerk retreived the pistol and made sure the pistol was unloaded prior to handing the weapon to the customer. The clerk was distracted by another customer at the counter. This distraction gave the first customer time to pull a couple of bullets from his pocket and load the weapon he was holding. He and the distractor then proceeded to rob the store. You can never be too careful.

gunbubba

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    I'm not sure there are a lot of legal options against the site, but I will make sure and explore everything. In a perfect world, we'd be pissed at the criminals who scammed us. But I am reading waaaaay too many stories about Texas Gun Trader lately and almost all of them have the same facts: 1) a seller from the Valley/Mexican Border town; 2) who is a "Gold" Member; 3) rips off a member; 4) member reports to site staff; 5) site staff does nothing but delete the thread(at most); 6) Scam artist posts new threads on the site.

Has anything come of this? The owner of Texasguntrader has apparently been informed multiple times about the fraudulent ads but the same guys are still posting using the same 'handles' and it doesn't seem that the ads are ever taken down. There seem to be more scams than ever on there. Texasguntrader is also taking payments from some of these guys, after having been informed that they are posting fraudulent ads. I'm not sure when you become 'complicit' but it would seem that Texasguntrader.com may have crossed that threshold.

Pinlifter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    DFW
    IF YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED

Report the crime to the Police!
    Ask person in charge of case to send a subpoena to the site owner demanding any and all information regarding the seller including credit card and IP information!

This should be enough to go on. I know of several scammers on other websites who were nabbed in this way.

Top Bottom