• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Bottom left of ad there is a "flag for removal"....I flagged it and more people should too.

I did as well, only used gun trader once and it was a good experience but hearing all the bs about that place (not just this post) I doubt I will again.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    It is still a good site in my eyes. Yes, 5% crap ads and 5% scammers/ liars, but that leaves 90% decent caapitolism. I have had nothing but good luck there, and probably made 30+ goods deals there over the years.

You do dumb things and you will get screwed. Send money to someone you don't know? Drive across the state for a gun deal that is too good to be true? Meet someone in a dark alley alone on the bad side of town? You can't blame the site for that. Blame the people that do it and the people that fall for it. The site is free for basic service. What do you expect? You get what you pay for.

Some idiots get screwed and it should be regulated more? You guys act like it should be shut down because people are stupid. More regulation and less personal accountability? Yes, that is the answer.

OP, don't take my rant personally. Everyone gets screwed at some point or another. You live and you learn. We do appreciate the heads up on the scammer.

KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    It is still a good site in my eyes. Yes, 5% crap ads and 5% scammers/ liars, but that leaves 90% decent caapitolism. I have had nothing but good luck there, and probably made 30+ goods deals there over the years.

You do dumb things and you will get screwed. Send money to someone you don't know? Drive across the state for a gun deal that is too good to be true? Meet someone in a dark alley alone on the bad side of town? You can't blame the site for that. Blame the people that do it and the people that fall for it. The site is free for basic service. What do you expect? You get what you pay for.

Some idiots get screwed and it should be regulated more? You guys act like it should be shut down because people are stupid. More regulation and less personal accountability? Yes, that is the answer.

OP, don't take my rant personally. Everyone gets screwed at some point or another. You live and you learn. We do appreciate the heads up on the scammer.

Again, my issue is with this person DIRECTLY - NOT Guntrader, I have bought and sold quite a few transactions and all have ended quite well up until now, I do chalk it up as shit happens and while I am out a small amount of cash, this so called seller took someone else for $1450 and am getting the word out to beware of this seller.

Your rant wasn't taken personally, I bought in to what this dude said and he played me well, I just don't want others to get caught up in to this guy's crap.

KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    My issue is that Gun Trader doesn't police its own site or ban users that scam people.

Can't speak for them my Friend but I'm sure it can be a massive undertaking to do so in resources, I was led to believe that a Gold Seller meant they were verified as a legitimate seller, I could be wrong and I guess I am with what happened.

I like Guntrader because like I said, I have bought and sold on there quite a few times, this guy just had his shit together to play the right cards, I got complacent and I paid the price, I am trying to get in touch with the other buyer that got scammed that lives in TN, hoping he may have better luck in getting his funds back, he sent a cashier's check and a copy of his local FFL.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I believe the Gold Seller rating is just bought since there is no feedback system in place.

The site definitely needs some moderators. It could very easily be an awesome site to buy and sell.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I believe the Gold Seller rating is just bought since there is no feedback system in place.

The site definitely needs some moderators. It could very easily be an awesome site to buy and sell.

True dat ^^^^ gold seller is a paid perk only. Lots of scams are gold sellers. I drove to Dallas last weekend to do the Dallas market show and I arranged to buy a rifle from texas gun talk so I'd definitely drive a distance to buy a gun but in this case all the right things fell into place. The sellers phone number, email (not gmail or yahoo but a real service based domain), and conversations in person were all right on the money.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Looks like the guys owns floridaguntrader too...

Registration Service Provider:
    Hostopia.com Inc, d/b/a Aplus.net
    +1.8772758763
    email.png

Registrant:
    david bradford
    david bradford
    Compound
    austin, TX 78727
    US
    Phone: +1.5125058507
    Email:
    email.png

Domain Name: floridaguntrader.com

Administrative Contact:
    david bradford
    david bradford
    Compound
    austin, TX 78727
    US
    Email:
    email.png

Technical Contact:
    david bradford
    david bradford
    Compound
    austin, TX 78727
    US
    Email:
    email.png

KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    Thanks for the heads up Scott, I tried to see if I can find a way to find the other guy that sent in a full payment of $1450 to this seller, I found the other buyer to be a realtor in TN, found A phone number and left a voicemail on his phone, hopefully he follows up with me, so I can share any resources he may need to hopefully at least get his funds back.

As for Guntrader, they MIGHT treat this as Big Boy rules, that if I'm adult enough to buy a firearm, that I should be adult enough to exercise commonsense and not get caught up in this, and they would be right if that would be their statement, but to allow this guy to continue to post ads that may mean him obtaining more money from others with no recourse or them blocking him, that right there is not good. I know that with this guy putting extra photos on his ads he has to pay with some sort of credit card or checking account so they MUST have some sort of financial info on him, but they are still not responding to me, hopefully I can get my local authorities to do something. I don't want any ill will towards Gun Trader, they weren't the ones that held the deal, but they are allowing this guy to still post ads with all of us submitting for removal and that is something that doesn't sit well with me.

I did find an ACR at a local shop for way more than this too good to be true ad, so am going to go tomorrow to put it on layaway, save up more cash and finally get what I was wanting to get . . .

But I hope this guy gets stopped before he plays his cards right once more and gets more funds from someone.

Take Care Friends, thank you for your feedback and support . . .

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Maybe I'm over-reacting, but if he's in TN and you're in TX, I'd call the FBI. I hear they really like investigating stuff like this!

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Well it's even easier cross referencing phone number with property records. I found his home address in a matter of minutes. I mailed him a certified letter to his house on behalf of my client. Let's see what kind of response this gets. If nothing, I may be hitting up other people and see if they want to jump on the legal train.

Austin? Hell, I say we head up there and pay this guy a visit...

There are four David Bradfords listed in the Travis County property records...two are listed under that name only (the other two are married and the property is owned jointly). I suspect it might be one of the first two.

Obviously, the suspect is presumed innocent until proven guilty!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Maybe I'm over-reacting, but if he's in TN and you're in TX, I'd call the FBI. I hear they really like investigating stuff like this!

The FBI wouldn't be the agency to call in this situation. Their charter focuses on much bigger issues; so unless he could prove this is organized crime or mass marketing fraud, he's not going to garner much interest from the FBI!

Tejano Scott has the right approach, he knows the right legal channels to take. I hope he keeps us informed on the developments...

Top Bottom