• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Tejano Scott has the right approach, he knows the right legal channels to take. I hope he keeps us informed on the developments...

I'm not sure there are a lot of legal options against the site, but I will make sure and explore everything. In a perfect world, we'd be pissed at the criminals who scammed us. But I am reading waaaaay too many stories about Texas Gun Trader lately and almost all of them have the same facts: 1) a seller from the Valley/Mexican Border town; 2) who is a "Gold" Member; 3) rips off a member; 4) member reports to site staff; 5) site staff does nothing but delete the thread(at most); 6) Scam artist posts new threads on the site.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    And the scammer is (allegedly) in Edcouch, Texas (wherever in the heck that is!).

But the main lesson to be learned from all this is when it comes to Texas Gun Trader, you get what you pay for!

KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    Well, what constitutes a Gold seller on there I found out is that you pay money to have your ad highlighted and with more pics. It has nothing to do with the seller being reputable. BUT, this makes me think that if this fraudulent seller is paying money to highlight his ads to make it appealing more to people then Texas Gun Trader HAS some sort of financial record on this guy. Since they have yet to even acknowledge this dude's bogus ads OR the emails I sent to them, I highly doubt they are going to help me go after this guy to get my funds back.

Take care Friends

- John

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I wonder if it's the same guy that's selling a used Shield 9mm for $700. Lol

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    Apparently the ad for the SCAR listed in Weslaco is also bogus - All Texas : FN SCAR 17s SCAM ALERT. BEWARE OF THE SCAMMER! : Semi-Auto

So, this guy or group of guys has a nice network going on, granted there ARE a lot of Gun Stores down in the valley area that carry guns like these but apparently this scammer has a pretty good network in place.

I JUST checked on the Ad that this guy is referring to, and when you click on seller's other listings it gives an address, THAT address is to the lady I confronted in Weslaco.

Lucila Castro-Rodriguez
    213 Huerta St
    Weslaco TX 78596

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    This is bullshit the owner or TGT is allowing this to continue. He'll lose in the long run when word on the street is his site is nothing but scams. Enjoy the money while it lasts...

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Apparently the ad for the SCAR listed in Weslaco is also bogus - All Texas : FN SCAR 17s SCAM ALERT. BEWARE OF THE SCAMMER! : Semi-Auto

So, this guy or group of guys has a nice network going on, granted there ARE a lot of Gun Stores down in the valley area that carry guns like these but apparently this scammer has a pretty good network in place.

I JUST checked on the Ad that this guy is referring to, and when you click on seller's other listings it gives an address, THAT address is to the lady I confronted in Weslaco.

Lucila Castro-Rodriguez
    213 Huerta St
    Weslaco TX 78596

So she's involved and the mention of the money being sent to Nigeria sounds like BS

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Dont send money anywhere, period. Cash in hand, face to face only. Problem solved, no scam, only thing that could happen is you get robbed. And even then, you can easily prevent that by meeting at a good location, ie gunstore. Stop giving/sending money through the internet.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Dont send money anywhere, period. Cash in hand, face to face only. Problem solved, no scam, only thing that could happen is you get robbed. And even then, you can easily prevent that by meeting at a good location, ie gunstore. Stop giving/sending money through the internet.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Or you could get handed funny-money. I'd bring along a counterfeit marker just to be paranoid.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Top Bottom