• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    After all this advice KAK, the OP of this thread. Got a mini cooper convertialbe in plaid.

the-mini-cooper-2.jpg

They'd run out of pink his first choice:

pink-mini-cooper%20(1).jpg
    Hurley's Gold

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    They actually maintain their balance fairly well after an LS1 swap from what I've been told from people who have done the swap. There actually isn't much of a difference in weight if you use some aluminum heads and what not. The engine in mine the 1.6L is actually a pretty heavy lump for a 4 banger lol.
    From the bossfrog website

5. Is weight and balance affected? Yes, but not very much. The engine subframe is about the same weight as stock, and the engine is only a little heavier than the 4-cylinder. The transmission and rear differential are both heavier than stock, so some of the extra weight is shifted rearward again. Our ’99 with a ¾ tank of gas and no driver weighs 1380 (52.3%) front and 1260 (47.7%) rear for a curb weight of 2640

dah328

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    I gotta' put a word in for the BMW E30 and E36 3-series cars. Properly maintained, they handle very well and make excellent daily drivers.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Frisco, TX
    Since this thread has risen from the dead, I'll throw my $0.02 as well.

If i could only have one car, then it would be an M3.

I had a 350z Track model. I loved it and tracked it. Then I test drove an E46 M3. The M3 doesn't do one particular thing really well -- it does everything reasonably well. Has power, easy to drive, handles well for what it is, and is practical to boot. I got 22mpg in mixed city/hwy.

If I ever have to go down to one car, then it'll either be an M3 or an M5.

Michael.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    RX Midget.

2726742349_6e5e261934.jpg

Take an old MG, put a rotary engine in it and haul ass!

[video=google;8052353009680993252]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8052353009680993252&hl=en[/video]

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Maybe a Honda s2000 they are pretty slick. I can't fit in them very well but I'm 6'3 and 240lbs so that could play a factor. I love American muscle particularly the mustang but this goes for just about anything, if you want a hot rod buy the factory performance edition like the saleen, rousch, SS, ctsv, etc. I've been into cars since I was a kid and modding and building your own hot rod is a pain in the butt and then even if you did everything right you still end up having reliability issues. Best car advice I was ever given was to just buy it and drive it leave the engine alone.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    LOL. Not seeing the "budget" or the "sports car"...

What's your definition of "sports car" because it varies?

Wikipedia definition.
    A sports car is a small, usually two seat, two door automobile designed for high speed driving and maneuverability.[1] Sports cars have been either spartan or luxurious, but good handling, minimum weight, and high performance are requisite.[2]

A Camaro fits into the general definition of "sports car".

Project325

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    San Antonio
    Sounds like the OP really wants the Infinity. My personal favorite for a sporty car is the AWD, NA V-6, with back seat and cargo room 2004 VW R32 (not the 2008)! But I also agree with the dude up there who said E30 (cause I love mine).

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    What's your definition of "sports car" because it varies?

Wikipedia definition.
    A sports car is a small, usually two seat, two door automobile designed for high speed driving and maneuverability.[1] Sports cars have been either spartan or luxurious, but good handling, minimum weight, and high performance are requisite.[2]

A Camaro fits into the general definition of "sports car".

I agree with the Wiki definition. The Camaro doesn't fit that definition by a stretch. Minimum weight? The thing is a boat (curb weight I found listed on Wiki at 3,750 lbs - 1200+ more than a Miata and almost a full half ton heavier than an S2000. Both of which are sports cars). Seats four. Good handling? Not compared to a sports car.

The Camaro is a muscle car. Designed for the drag strip.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Ferrari 458 italia curb weight 3,278lbs.
    Porsche 911 carrera curb weight 3,075lbs.
    Bugatti veyron curb weight 4,165lbs.
    Lamborghini galardi curb weight 3,042lbs.
    Cadillac ctsv coupe curb weight 4,254lbs.
    Chevrolet corvette c6 curb weight 3,150lbs.
    Nissan gtr curb weight 3,829.

All sports cars, all built for speed and handling all, all heavier than a miata or s2000. So stating that a Camaro isn't a sports car because she's fat isn't a
    Viable reason and besides when it's registered and insured it's sure as hell is considered a sports car, I do agree however that the budget end of this convo
    is no where in sight. I do wish these foreign car companies would start pumping out more rear wheel or all wheel drive cars like the newer miata or s2000. A friend of mine had a gtr skyline imported from Japan dear lord that thing is fast and handles very well.

Top Bottom