• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I disagree. I would have a revoked license by now the amount of times it has saved my ass. Probably not really but at least once a week it makes me slow down and I go through a speed trap below the speed limit. I could have otherwise gone through at 10-15 over.
    Lynx Defense

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I disagree. I would have a revoked license by now the amount of times it has saved my ass. Probably not really but at least once a week it makes me slow down and I go through a speed trap below the speed limit. I could have otherwise gone through at 10-15 over.

I didn't want to be the first to disagree, lol......

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    agreed. Like I said, as long as you pay attention. So many folks forget, even though it's right in front of their face. I was at a stop light when a camaro pulled next to me. I kept hearing a loud BEEPBEEP BEEPBEEP BEEPBEEP, lol. I looked over and he had a funny look on his face as if he was embarassed. I hit the Xmit button on the radar and his radar detector went quiet. Told him, sorry, the beeping was annoying. He grinned, gave a thumbs up and drove off when the light went green, lol.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    agreed. Like I said, as long as you pay attention. So many folks forget, even though it's right in front of their face. I was at a stop light when a camaro pulled next to me. I kept hearing a loud BEEPBEEP BEEPBEEP BEEPBEEP, lol. I looked over and he had a funny look on his face as if he was embarassed. I hit the Xmit button on the radar and his radar detector went quiet. Told him, sorry, the beeping was annoying. He grinned, gave a thumbs up and drove off when the light went green, lol.

World needs more cool cops.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Soup up a Miata ? An older 240Z or 280Z will get you there. Showing my age but these can be fixed up nice on a budget.

240z3.jpg

1223929898_78datsun280z_001.jpg

13-1.jpg

147441079_5cc4cb7706.jpg

BMW-2002-Side-View.jpg

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Nice dude.

I have to say I have forgot to turn it on before. All 3 of tickets I've ever had were because I left the volume down.

ArchonXD40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Louisiana
    My friend has a tree fiddy zee vert. It was even with my bolt on 01 mustang GT, but that was only because I was using shitty worn ass tires (almost showing threads) and had no traction control due to a faulty ABS sensor and 4.10 gears.

But do you really want a 350? they're not that great, and they have a 20 gallon tank, which is nice, but it will suck for when you want to fill it up.

I get around 18 to 19 mpg average with my v8 stang. 220 to 240 miles per tank. 12 Gallon tank, but remember, i have 4.10 gears which do reduce gas mileage. The car stock comes with 3.27's so you'll get better than that. Plus they're cheap. I doubt you'll be modding much so you'll be fine with the 2v, just make sure they have an aluminum crossover on the intake because that's the recall fixed one.

Nice ride man!
    Here is my Stang:

2006 Saleen s281 3-valve
    Bama 93 Race Tune
    TCI Ratchet Shifter
    Steeda CAI
    Saleen Underdrive Pulley's
    3.73 Gears
    Cervini's Hood

Best HWY millage I got so far is 19.5mpg.
    The worst I got was 14.5 with the O/D off and heavy on the pedal around town. :P

7bc752b6.jpg

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    Soup up a Miata ? An older 240Z or 280Z will get you there. Showing my age but these can be fixed up nice on a budget.

240z3.jpg

1223929898_78datsun280z_001.jpg

13-1.jpg

147441079_5cc4cb7706.jpg

BMW-2002-Side-View.jpg

Agreed on the older besides their is for visual impact. I have done a lot of mopars, roadrunner, super bee, challengers, chargers. Now on my cuda which will take me a couple years past my 60th birthday at the rate is is gone. 440 and moved here last year. Back where I came from 3.91 gears were going to be it, here in TX well going with the 276 gears because it will still move but gas mileage will be better. Love the old z cars, the first 240z was the one I loved as I was in the Army driving my bee at that time. The 240z came with 150 hp and 150 mph it was a cool little car, and sure made the mg's mbg's spitfires and triumph's take notice. One of the strongest cars of the time often overlooked were the little cortina gt's. They would flat out haul, wished I could find one resonably priced.

Young Gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    DFW, TX
    2002 or 2003 M3.....

Absolutely. My roommate picked up his 2002 M3 for $16K easy, and it's been nothing but amazing. He drives it pretty hard, put a ton of miles on it in the last year, and it's never quit. Oh, and completely stock (minus removing the speed limiter) it tops out at ~173MPH on a good flat road. In that price range I think it's one of the best choices you could make.

If you like convertibles, look at a Honda S2000. You'll have to decide whether you want the cheaper AP1 cars or the newer (revised motor, etc) AP2 version.

If you get a 350Z, just remember the newer it is the better. Interior quality was pretty dismal for the first few years, they revised it numerous times and made it better with newer year models. The convertibles flex too much IMHO, I'd look at a hard top. Research the package options and engine differences, they are all a little different and they really changed the engines around depending on the year you get.

Good luck!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Ooooo... Yeah one of these days I'm going to own a 2002tii. Very cool car.

I tend to gravitate to older models as well, but I got the impression KAK was looking for something just a few years old. Honestly I think the best value in sport coupes right now is an e36 M3. You can pick a clean one up for $8-9k, and that's quite a lot of car for the money.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Richardson
    If you invest on a good radar/laser it helps. I invested on a cobra radar 12 band esd 9290,and it works like a charm. I drive from Wichita falls to Dallas, I've had close calls but it picks up radar and laser very well. Usually the cars around you get hit first and the radar pick ups the signal and gives you a strength. Then you can judge the distance as the strength goes up. now LEOs are using lasers more than radar from my experience. It obviously doesnt detect squad cars but it picks up radar and lasers, and even security devices at best buy,walmart,etc. my2cents

Go with the G35!!

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    The G35 Coupe is basically a 350Z with a different skin and a little more interior space. It's also less likely to have had the crap driven out of it than a 350Z or one of those kid crates like the Lancer or WRX.

Top Bottom