• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Basically, i bought it several years ago for a hundred bucks. It had a blown motor and wasted transmission. It was a single owner Texas car from Belton. The nice lady I bought it from even had the showroom receipt. I originally dropped a 351W motor in it and eventually blew it up(piston tops). The weight of that bad boy lowered the front end a few inches so after it blew I went back to a 302 that was bored to a 308. Then I topped it with the trickflow heads and cam. I ran it a few times with the open rear end and stock gears. It stayed pretty straight when I laid into it thanks to the "one tire fire". It was fun to dork around with but the tall gears turned it into a beast. Since it has always been a "frankencar" it has a hodge podge of different parts. An original c4 with unknown bellhousing and 157 tooth flywheel. The Mustang II had a small diameter bell produced only for it. When I put a B&M converter in it, I had to go with a larger bell which I traded a buddy for. He seemed sure that it came from his 641/2 mustang w/289 motor but I have always had noisy starting issues. I have tried 3 different yr models of starters for 302s and they all have problems in this combo. It drives me nuts because the separator plate fits a 64-71C4 but all starters are still too far or too close. It hasn't seen the track in a few years and I'd rather spend my money on my ever-expanding arsenal. I might gut it and sell the rolling chassis for scrap. It kills me to do it cause I have put some time and parts into it but that's the way it goes. Oh, and it's currently painted that nice shade of piss yellow w/brown runners across the bottom, a true master piece of ugly.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Budget??
    Bought as budget as can be..
    alan-and-his-model-cars.jpg

lockweeze

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    Nacogdoches
    You might also look at a well mileaged supra. I realize thats muuuch more sporty than a 350 or a g35 but hey, i wouldnt think thats necessarily bad...

Young Gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    DFW, TX
    370Z is the man's version of the 350Z...IMHO :). Although a ton of my buddies with 350Z's would have brain aneurisms if they heard you call it a check car haha. I stick with my Z32 300ZX, but mainly because I can't afford a new sports car :P.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Pay no attention to the "chick car" bullshit comments. Most people who consider making such a statement have never owned anything but a truck. Sports cars are a blast. Hell, I even loved all of the Miatas I have owned. Almost nothing on the road has the balance of a Miata.

IM004140.gif

IM004138.gif

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Pay no attention to the "chick car" bullshit comments. Most people who consider making such a statement have never owned anything but a truck. Sports cars are a blast. Hell, I even loved all of the Miatas I have owned. Almost nothing on the road has the balance of a Miata.

IM004140.gif

IM004138.gif

Even though I called the tree fiddy a chick car (my friend owns one and thinks hes the shit, so i have a negative image of them), I do love miata's. Great track cars, and i'd love to own one with a 302 out of a fox or an LS1. Yours is in great condition!

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth

I was expecting people to jump all over the Miata and was gonna stay out of it, but I guess I'll have to pickup the slack....

What have you done with the high school girl you stole that from?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I had a black 95 Miata. I loved that car... Nothing as balanced, not much becomes a part of the driver like that car.

I did a few mods (stainless brake hoses, 8.5lb flywheel, urethane bushings, KYB AGX shocks, advance base timing 4 degrees and a little tweaking and tuning here and there) to make it even more responsive.

Had to sell it when I moved.

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    Miata. You can find early 2000s models for around 4 grand.

Here's mine a 91 model with suspension mods, chassis bracing, and a M45 Supercharger.

37240_1517818351540_1416956060_31389206_5068949_n.jpg

37240_1517818391541_1416956060_31389207_7286444_n.jpg

Even with the supercharger it gets mid to upper 20s on the interstate and low-mid 20s around town. And handles like a dream :)

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    "Hey, is that a barret M82? Badass!"

"Yeah, It's a hell of a gun, but it's so hard to bring it here in my miata"

Nah, you just move the passenger seat forward a bit, lay it down as flat as you can and lay the case in the seat. Oh, and you'll have to put the top down, too.

A Mosin 91/30 is a perfect fit if you put the muzzle behind the passenger seat and the butt behind the driver.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I had a black 95 Miata. I loved that car... Nothing as balanced, not much becomes a part of the driver like that car.
    You should try driving a x1/9 then. Miata's are great, but I think the x1/9 has them beat on handling.

"Hey, is that a barret M82? Badass!"

"Yeah, It's a hell of a gun, but it's so hard to bring it here in my miata"
    I dunno why it would be. You have infinite headroom in a convertible

Top Bottom