• ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Yeah, tell me how that goes.

Problem with that is when you kick the dog it comes back with more and bigger dogs. Unless you’re willing and have the funds to go to SCOTUS and hope they kick the dog for you, or you plan on a full on shooting war with the dog and have an army to back you up...you won’t ever kick the dog hard enough for it to leave you alone. You’ll just piss it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can't kick it hard enough, but WE can.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    True

That would be unconstitutional. Regulations (formally known as rules) are one of just a couple of ways the executive branch implements (or not) the laws that Congress writes. While there’s effectively more to it than that, rules allow executive agencies much more flexibility (for good or bad) to implement a law. They are also easier (for good or bad) to change or rescind. The good news across all that is if the law is unconstitutional, so are all implementing rules. The law can also be constitutional while the implementing rules aren’t.

When Congress tries to write a law that is regulatory in nature, you end up with crazy shit. Specific to this topic, GCA 68 is a regulatory law that birthed FOPA, the Brady Act, and NICS Improvement Act. NFA is a similar law that was written to be regulatory in nature. See how well any of those worked out?

Alternatively, Congress could have written a simple law to amend the US Code to state something along the lines of “federal agencies shall only have the power to regulate firearms in a manner consistent with the Constitution”.
    The problem is that WE are the ones having to live by the whims of men instead of by laws implemented by a representative body.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The problem is that WE are the ones having to live by the whims of men instead of by laws implemented by a representative body.

I don’t disagree; why we live by the whims of men is because Congress deemed it so.

This subject is one area where I have come to see the wisdom of @benenglish ‘s grand compromise approach when it comes to firearms legislation. The devil in the details is the executive branch gets to write rules in the absence of specific legal language.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I don’t disagree; why we live by the whims of men is because Congress deemed it so.

This subject is one area where I have come to see the wisdom of @benenglish ‘s grand compromise approach when it comes to firearms legislation. The devil in the details is the executive branch gets to write rules in the absence of specific legal language.

I have always felt the 2nd amendment was more than enough legal language...

But I know you are right with "how it works in real life"

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The ATF did this intentionally. As they look at the names and addresses of those who commented, they know where to go hunting when they outlaw them in January.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    The ATF did this intentionally. As they look at the names and addresses of those who commented, they know where to go hunting when they outlaw them in January.
    You say this like we're all not on "the list" already.... especially someone with 10,000+ comments on a "radical right-wing terrorist" website like TGT.
    1609192476104.png

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    ...or you plan on a full on shooting war with the dog and have an army to back you up...
    Having an army won't do it either. Even though the drug cartels are well armed, they aren't what's winning the drug war. Massive civil disobedience is. When enough people ignore a law it becomes irrelevant.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    Supposedly the rule has been withdrawn, if you can believe the article. Looking at the ATF notice the date of withdrawal is left blank. (A link is embedded in the article). But as others have noted Uncle Joe and the Ho can issue an executive order to ban the braces.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Supposedly the rule has been withdrawn, if you can believe the article. Looking at the ATF notice the date of withdrawal is left blank. (A link is embedded in the article). But as others have noted Uncle Joe and the Ho can issue an executive order to ban the braces.

I have a 2nd ammendment that says they can't...

Top Bottom