• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX

"Thomas Matthew Crooks’ parents were looking for him on Saturday in the hours leading up to the Trump rally shooting and eventually called law enforcement to indicate that he was missing and they were worried, Fox News has learned.

It’s unclear what his parents told authorities, but the call happened on Saturday before Crooks later opened fire at Trump during the rally in Butler, Pennsylvania.

The parents are being cooperative with authorities and the FBI is still trying to determine a motive for the attack, sources also told Fox News. "

So the kid lived in his folks house, used his dad's gun, and hours before the Rally they were looking for him and eventually called the cops. IMHO, much like the Michigan shooter, these parents should face life in prison as accomplices. They knew their kid was a nutbag and allowed him to access firearms.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Trump-lucky-dodge.gif

kind of brings it home how close it was

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX

"Thomas Matthew Crooks’ parents were looking for him on Saturday in the hours leading up to the Trump rally shooting and eventually called law enforcement to indicate that he was missing and they were worried, Fox News has learned.

It’s unclear what his parents told authorities, but the call happened on Saturday before Crooks later opened fire at Trump during the rally in Butler, Pennsylvania.

The parents are being cooperative with authorities and the FBI is still trying to determine a motive for the attack, sources also told Fox News. "

So the kid lived in his folks house, used his dad's gun, and hours before the Rally they were looking for him and eventually called the cops. IMHO, much like the Michigan shooter, these parents should face life in prison as accomplices. They knew their kid was a nutbag and allowed him to access firearms.
    The news report I heard said the 911 call came shortly after Trump was shot. Both call times make the parents look bad.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I'm not really interested in the detail that surrounded president Trump, nor am I interested on whether the LE sniper had a clean shot due to a slope of a roof. What puzzles me is that these are trained people that make threat assessments in advance, and an untrained kid with a rifle that has supposedly little experience in firearms, outwitted said LE, climb onto a metal roof unnoticed (from all but the crowd) with a rifle (supposedly with LE inside the building not hearing anything), then take what was nearly a perfect shot at Trump's head? Is this Hollywood?

Excuse me if I find it a bit fishy.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I'm not really interested in the detail that surrounded president Trump, nor am I interested on whether the LE sniper had a clean shot due to a slope of a roof. What puzzles me is that these are trained people that make threat assessments in advance, and an untrained kid with a rifle that has supposedly little experience in firearms, outwitted said LE, climb onto a metal roof unnoticed (from all but the crowd) with a rifle (supposedly with LE inside the building not hearing anything), then take what was nearly a perfect shot at Trump's head? Is this Hollywood?

LE was aware if the shooter for about 30 minutes before he opened fire

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013

What makes you think he had little experience with fire arms ? Because in HighSchool he sucked. The dude was in his 20's thats years after high school.

His father was comfortable enough to let him take his AR to the gun range so that should be a clue he has done it before.

He had a range finder and used it that also points to experience with guns

He knew how to take apart and assemble the AR it is alleged it was in a back pack.

He was comfortable enough to crawl prone out on a roof and from reports aim it a cop spin and fire multiple rounds and hitting his target.

Seems to me he was fairly decent with shooting.

and he was noticed multiple times including when he was pretending to be a raccoon crawling across the roof and the cops were to lazy to go check it out.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    LE was aware if the shooter for about 30 minutes before he opened fire
    So I've heard, but then how did he hide the rifle? under his T shirt and shorts? Did he stage it next to, or on top of the building, that supposedly would have been surveilled well in advance of the rally? Things aren't adding up to me.

Certainly I believe there was a massive security failure, but even then it seems fishy.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    So I've heard, but then how did he hide the rifle? under his T shirt and shorts? Did he stage it next to, or on top of the building, that supposedly would have been surveilled well in advance of the rally? Things aren't adding up to me.

Certainly I believe there was a massive security failure, but even then it seems fishy.

I've heard it was in a rifle bag or backpack, but its a low roof. Wouldn't have been too hard to get up there with it assembled.

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    I've heard it was in a rifle bag or backpack, but its a low roof. Wouldn't have been too hard to get up there with it assembled.

I‘m pretty sure that I have seen aerial shots of the body, the rifle and a bag.

It would have been easy for him to toss that up on the roof before jumping on ac, then low roof on nearby “hallway”, then “sloped” roof before taking rifle from the bag.

Top Bottom