• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Secret service may have seen people waving. Was that a distraction from the roof they were watching?

Numerous mentions in this thread regarding the communication issues between local LE and SS.

Video above shows the shooter crawling up the backside of the roof. Possibly (probably?) not visible to SS shooters. From there it would be fairly quick to stand up and take a shot.

Shooter may not be military, John Wick, or Chris Kyle…but he practiced enough to clip Trumps ear under stress at over 100 yards which takes some basic marksmanship from prone, and more practice from a standing unsupported position. Not amazing skills, but still shows he wasn’t a brand new shooter who got a wild hair.

Lots of the “facts” presented in this thread come from “sources”. I’m not very trusting of unnamed sources.

Lastly, with all the insane crap the left has been spewing about the right and Trump since 2016 I don’t think it’s surprising that this happened. I just don’t feel like I need to search that far for answers after what we’ve seen for years. A large number of people truly believe that Trump is a racist, rapist, murderer, who wants to genocide the gays and anyone not white. The political left and MSM created that. They have no need to take the risk of any sort of inside job. This attempt was the natural outcome of such rhetoric.

I guess my main point is how does a rooftop with perfect line of sight and within 130 yards of a protected asset that was known to be there days in advance go completely unattended and unchecked?

And how does he get up there during the event with regular Joes down on the ground watching it happen and there's zero response from LE? I DGAF about the lack of communication between fed and local. Just a sad excuse.

As stated, this just simply does not happen unless it's allowed to happen.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    451224598_10232935546280439_5882534052804064087_n.jpg

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    It's looking like another Biden approved operation.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Dan Bongino, who claims to have reputable sources within the agency (high probability with time in service) that many requests for additional SS personnel have been "rebuffed" as well as RFK Jr's complete denial of SS protection.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Former U.S. Secret Service special agent for former President Reagan, Tim McCarthy, joined “Cavuto: Coast to Coast” Monday to weigh in on the assassination attempt on former President Trump.
    He ended-up as a police chief in Orland Park, Illinois.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Might juuuuust have been a leeeetle adrenaline dump?
    Having been in many live combat situations in 'Nam, believe me it is easy to get the adrenaline dumps. You think you'll always be in control because on a nice sunny day when you trained it was so easy. But when the shit hits the fan, those sunny days disappear in an instant, it can become chaos.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Having been in many live combat situations in 'Nam, believe me it is easy to get the adrenaline dumps. You think you'll always be in control because on a nice sunny day when you trained it was so easy. But when the shit hits the fan, those sunny days disappear in an instant, it can become chaos.
    It IS chaos, its just a matter of being able to break it into small enough bites to process.

There is a reason there is a disproportionate number of folks with childhood truama or ADHD that fuction "great" in combat, but not always so good outside of it. The exposure to the inherent truama of combat (vs training where it is hard to REALLY feel like your life is on the line) helps you function in subsequent exposures.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas

Firefighter Corey Comperatore’s widow refused Biden call after Trump rally shooting: ‘Didn’t want to talk to him’​

also being reported President Trump will attend the services for Mr. Comperatore............

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I guess my main point is how does a rooftop with perfect line of sight and within 130 yards of a protected asset that was known to be there days in advance go completely unattended and unchecked?

And how does he get up there during the event with regular Joes down on the ground watching it happen and there's zero response from LE? I DGAF about the lack of communication between fed and local. Just a sad excuse.

A possibility exists that you are underestimating the DEI SS's incompetence.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    2 questions:

Has it been said how many shots the shooter got off?

Has it been said if charges will be brought against the shooter’s father? (e.g. straw man purchase as a minimum)

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    A possibility exists that you are underestimating the DEI SS's incompetence.
    I wish it was just incompetence, but imo it was the hoped for result of intentional neglect: DC's scaling back the level of security made this inevitable. They didn't have to plan a hit... just sit back and wait for this to happen.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Seems to be more and more confirmed that the building was not unattended. Local LE were inside and using it as a staging area.

It also appears based on comments from several seemingly knowledgeable sources the SS handles immediate area and outsources to locals for outer perimeters.

It may end up being that the major failure is on the part of local LE, which can be laid toward SS for not insuring they were doing their part I suppose.

It’s also seems that the story that a local LE of some sort did scale the wall and attempt to intervene but dropped back to the ground when the shooter turned towards him. The shooter then quickly turned back and began firing.

And an unconfirmed story that there was supposed to be a counter sniper team on that roof, but it seems weird they would have counter snipers on a roof with rifles pointing in the direction of Trump. Not sure I buy that one. Maybe it was supposed to just be observers, or maybe it’s completely fake. Idk.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    A guy got in a shootout with state troopers.

Probably just someone being overzealous in the Rhode island "fusion center" due to recent events

:confused: RI is two states and about 450 miles away from the assassination attempt. That's like law enforcement in Charlotte, NC issuing a statement clarifying a local event was not connected to the Trump shooting.

Oh well, I guess if you're the person in charge of press communications for the Rhode Island State Police you seize on anything that might get some attention.

They do, though, have a captain in charge of the "Community, Diversity, Equity Unit." I looked at their functional org chart to get an idea of how big the RISP is because, by population, if Rhode Island was a city it would barely be larger than Austin.

DocBeech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2023
    Paradise
    You got to train in sunshine? Lucky....

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MWYBORNY
    Top Bottom