Just saying.
    Guns International

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    The missile idea seems pretty far fetched and the damage seems mostly superficial from the pics.

You use missiles and explosives when you want people to see what you are doing, like blowing up terrorists and things, and explosions don't obliterate everything, the pieces may be small, but there are always enough left over to figure out what was used and whose it was. If it was state sponsored, it would have been easier and more discrete to use other methods which would have added to deniability.

Its an interesting thought, but without more evidence than one questionable video, it lands in the kooky end of the plausibility spectrum for me.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Like that book where the cia blows up a truck with a specific high altitude smart bomb to make it look like a car bomb from a rival drug cartel?

Interesting.

Maybe less than likely... but it would be pretty perfect. Lock your patsy in the rv turn on autopilot, play the warning drop the package from 30k feet.

I wonder what the radiological readings look like. Surely the feds tested that. But my first thought when I saw it was "hope that aint a dirty bomb"

Last edited:

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    Axxe55,

Even LUNATICS have motives, even if they make no sense to anyone else.
    (FWIW, in over 4 decades of LE I've NEVER know of a perp who didn't know WHY they did something, even if it was a REALLY BRAINLESS reason.)

yours, satx

SATX,

I agree with you, what amazes me is the amount of conspiracy theories out there by people who have never been in the military or associated with LE.

The last time I saw stuff like this was when Bill Clinton was in office. During that time period there were all kinds of conspiracy theories out there which led to things like the Oklahoma City Bombing.

The internet has made it a lot easier for a lot of LUNATICS to read fictional stories on the internet to stir up this fervor and help formulate their motives.

To the guys talking about airstrikes and energy weapons....to quote Joe Biden, "C'mon man!"

I think Axe55 did state that "maybe the motive was voices in the person(s) head".

Bobk

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    State sponsored terrorism, or even fanatical group terrorists are looking to inflict the most physical and psychological damage as possible from their incident, in order to create chaos. They are NOT going to record a message to stay away, there is a bomb about to go off. They are NOT going to waste a dirty bomb on a deserted street on Christmas.

The recorded message, location, time of day, and date of incident are all indicators that whomever was responsible did not want to inflict civilian or even LEO casualties. He or she wanted to either kill themselves in spectacular fashion to gain notoriety (look at me suicide) or damage/destroy a certain building or infrastructure.

But I do enjoy the conspiracy talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Clear And Present Danger
    Tom Clancy
    That was the book.

You can find a copy in the fiction section of your local library.

Those guys that go full tin foil mode and start tacking yarn on a map though, sometimes figure something out. But they are to weird for anyone to take seriously. I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't look for conspiracies everywhere, but don't at the same time ignore signs of one.

Conjecture

I feel like it was planned and executed for a purpose, possibly with more than one person, and that is the basic definition of a conspiracy already - the question is how convoluted and remote it is.

XFILES MODE
    Another question is whether or not the truth will ever see the light of day.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Like that book where the cia blows up a truck with a specific high altitude smart bomb to make it look like a car bomb from a rival drug cartel?

Interesting.

Maybe less than likely... but it would be pretty perfect. Lock your patsy in the rv turn on autopilot, play the warning drop the package from 30k feet.

I wonder what the radiological readings look like. Surely the feds tested that. But my first thought when I saw it was "hope that aint a dirty bomb"
    Dude, bombs don't disintegrate into nothing.

There are pieces left that people find. Those pieces have markings, even homemade stuff. Its is really to explain why there are smart bomb parts laying around if you are trying to make an weak ass explosion look like a car bomb.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    They have identified the perp by name and address but so far nothing in the news about him. FBI does consider him dead in the explosion. No more threat to Nashville.

Oh, and he could have done a lot more damage a half mile NE just past the stadium, across the river. I won't say more, but my job had me there often.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    They have identified the perp by name and address but so far nothing in the news about him. FBI does consider him dead in the explosion. No more threat to Nashville.

Oh, and he could have done a lot more damage a half mile NE just past the stadium, across the river. I won't say more, but my job had me there often.

SA_Steve,

I would presume that the "evidence of human remains" INSIDE of the "blown-up RV" is that guy.

Btw, WHY are some of the "news outlets" still (on the 1PM "broadcast news") saying that it "IS POSSIBLE" that someone may have died?? - Do the "reporters" think that NPD's crime scene tech "just made up" collecting "bits & pieces" of a corpse??
    (That is ONE job that I don't have the stomach to do.)

yours, satx

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    I imagine the human pieces are pretty small and far away from the blast.

The Daily Mail has lots of pictures and info. FBI is taking a swab from suspect's mother to do the DNA work.
    Suspect deeded two houses to a 29 year old LA lady who immediately deeded one of them to someone else.

What a weird story so far !

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I've only seen the one building when in Nashville, I wasn't aware they had more than one building there.

AT&T (as with all other phone and internet providers) has multiple data centers in every major city. Often times they're not even listed as an AT&T building, because they're full of servers, switches, and other equipment that keeps the network running. It's a security measure to keep that equipment safe. I used to work for Yahoo in Dallas, and when the new hires were taken on a tour of the nearby data center we were VERY sternly told not to tell anyone which building we went to. Even our B2B sales office in Deep Ellum was nondescript, because we were not a public-facing office. There was no Yahoo branding on the outside of the building - that started inside the lobby.

Top Bottom