Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Sure it's a been there, done that thing, but we came down kinda quick on @xsefan doncha think? @General Zod, despite battling COVID had the best advice.

But @billtool is right: not in his simile but (no pun intended) in its intent: it's a mutual thing if anybody wants it. Absolutely not needed for private sales. For either party.

I don't sell to or acquire from a lot of private parties, but I've only done a signed bill of sale once in maybe 20 years, and that was because the buyer thought it would be a good idea.

I do vet a buyer to the best of my ability. LTC preferred. Tells me you're regularly subject to background checks. If you show up with no ID, face tattoos, and pants 4 inches below your underwear...no sale.

I do--and I believe importantly so--keep a detailed database of all my meaningful possessions: you know, computers, furniture, metals, jewelry, guns, ammo... When I sell or acquire a firearm the date, the type of transaction, the serial numbers, the components of a build, etc. all get recorded. I can tell you how much I paid in 2007 for a specific case of S&B .45 ACP. But the buyer's name doesn't go in there because I don't legally have to record it. And I don't want to.

Last edited:

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    If we take a look at the society and technological advances in the world of fallout, i think the BOS fulfills a necessary and at times even noble goal. In a world where you have super mutants, deathclaws, cazadores, nightstalkers, FEV, valut tec, i think it is a great idea to have a group dedicated to locking the dangerous stuff away, since the average wastelander can't deal with these threats. They are really the only group capable of maintaining any sense of order in the east coast.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    In all seriousness- I filled out and signed my one and only private sale BOS back in 2016. Bucket list rifle at an awesome price. No way was I letting it loose and the seller dug in his heels. I don’t know if I’d do it again for another gun, but it sure shoots .308 subsonic suppressed like a dreamboat. @Eastexasrick will confirm that for sure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom