• ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    1BEF552E-5B83-4256-ABEE-C3C4D4106EE2.jpeg
    So, Nebraska looks pretty flat, but according to runkeeper, there was over 1600’ of elevation change in this ride. ( figure about half is climb) Looking back over the last couple of weeks, that is pretty consistent. It is just very gradual.
    DK Firearms

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    View attachment 257630 So, Nebraska looks pretty flat, but according to runkeeper, there was over 1600’ of elevation change in this ride. ( figure about half is climb) Looking back over the last couple of weeks, that is pretty consistent. It is just very gradual.
    Nice ride!

Strava and MapMyRide show show accent or accent/decent.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    A headwind can shift and continue to be a headwind on the second half of your ride. A hill will always have a downslope. ;)
    True...I don't like adversaries I can't see!!
    Used to ride from Decatur, GA out around Stone Mountain and back along the original route. If we waited long enough, we had the afternoon winds shift around so that we had a SERIOUS headwind on the way out AND on the way BACK!!! That ain't right!!! :(

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Thunderstorms this morning. No ride. Did 3 miles on elliptical trainer at hotel fitness room. Maybe after work, but nasty weather is supposed to be here all day

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Seems like every day it's windy, when there i

I'm not as young as you guys but I rode 5.6 miles at 9.9 mph, if I didn't stop to talk for a few minutes it would have been at least 10 mph.
    Age has very little to do with it. I have friends in their 70s that can make me suffer...

I raced for 15y, then got a real job and had kids. I have well over 100,000mi in my legs, so despite the break they still know what to do, even if they back talk more.

Bump up you distance for a few weeks, then shorten your week and bump up speed then add the distance back in. It just takes time, but what ever your age, you can get faster and ride further than I bet you would believe now.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Yep. I've gone from 2 miles to 12. Didn't think I could go that far. My speed has more to do with dodging cars in my neighborhood. Planning a ride on sidewalks to try and up my speed a bit. A group near me does a 15 mile ride every Tuesday. Also planning to do that ride soon.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    You could do it with the proper conditioning. It was more a test of your ability to endure suffering than anything.
    A lot of training is simply getting comfortable hurting. Find refuge in the pain and it starts to feel good.

I have always been a sprinter my mind wanders during long TT efforts and I get bored. Short TTs and I can push the whole time... hard enough to have vision start closing in the last 50m of a 1km effort.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    10FB8FD5-9649-48FA-9287-A5C4C3BAA9F9.jpeg
    17 this morning. Probably head back out in a little bit as I cracked my phone screen at the range today. Had a .22 shell bounce of the ceiling and hit it just wrong. Lol. There is a place that fixes them on my regular bike route.

Top Bottom