• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Maybe not completely, but the immigration laws are wrong. If you're not a convicted criminal or enemy combatant and you're willing to submit to the legit laws (I do hold a law that contradicts kindness and welcoming the stranger to be immoral) of the country you are in, you should be welcome.

Everyone who abides by the policies to enter the country and obey the laws is welcome.

it is the ones who participate in human trafficking, bring drugs, engage in ID theft, do not pay taxes and in general do not abide by our laws (DL, insurance, etc). that are not welcome.

I'm also STRONGLY against building a wall down the border. Stupid idea. Just as likely to keep us in as them out.

As for the wall, it has been there for 50+ years. It only keeps out (or in), those who try to enter/or leave illegally. Plenty of ways in and out legally.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I still think the race is Cruz's to lose.

I have received a few random texts from supposed Beto campaign workers asking who I will vote for. I don't respond but I have wanted to tell them i don't vote Red.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Yeah, but all "law" is not legit. https://www.bible.com/bible/1/GAL.5.22-23.KJV "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." Acts 5:29 "Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men."

http://www.portagepub.com/products/caa/sr-lexrex17.html
    If you feel a law is not legit, you MUST still obey it and work within the system to change it. File suit, run for office, etc. It is NOT for you or anyone else to simply disregard it, ignore it, give shelter to those who have ignored it or PANDER to those who have ignored it.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Confused by your statement. You can disagree with policy and suggest that immigration law needs to be reformed to make it easier more efficient for decent hard working folks to get into the nation legally.

THIS.

Never understood why the left is NOT advocating for more legal immigration.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    What lies and flip-flops?
    They are all out there in broad daylight.
    If you feel a law is not legit, you MUST still obey it and work within the system to change it. File suit, run for office, etc. It is NOT for you or anyone else to simply disregard it, ignore it, give shelter to those who have ignored it or PANDER to those who have ignored it.
    I think it's a matter of priorities. I know a good immigration lawyer. There are times when the US Government rejects people for various petty reasons and sometimes they have VERY legitimate reasons to fear going back to their old home - crime, gangs, real death threats, family, etc. Their choices and life circumstances may make "breaking the law" the lesser of two evils in a very real sense. Those kind of people deserve better treatment. If someone's smuggling drugs, human trafficking, etc... throw them out, of course. Just working and trying to make a living? Let them find a path to stay. That's going to resonate with their legal relatives here in the States who are legally voting.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I think it's a matter of priorities. I know a good immigration lawyer. There are times when the US Government rejects people for various petty reasons and sometimes they have VERY legitimate reasons to fear going back to their old home - crime, gangs, real death threats, family, etc. Their choices and life circumstances may make "breaking the law" the lesser of two evils in a very real sense. Those kind of people deserve better treatment.

And we have laws and processes for those people, and still they do not obey them, instead choosing to break the law.

Just working and trying to make a living? Let them find a path to stay. That's going to resonate with their legal relatives here in the States who are legally voting.

Yep, we have laws and processes for that too, and still they do not obey them, instead choosing to break the law.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    One can legitimately disagree with the US Federal government's position... and I certainly do as a Christian who votes... my first allegiance is to God, and if the state's laws contradict Scripture, I feel no desire to back the policy we have towards otherwise-peaceful neighbors from north or south or overseas.

https://www.openbible.info/topics/welcoming_strangers

As a Christian, I also know that on the topic of politics and laws, Christ said "Render unto Caeser what is Caeser's." The laws are to be obeyed unless they conflict with the Christian faith.

And illegal immigration is, well, illegal. The Christian thing to do is to meet their physical needs until they are returned to their home country.

The scriptures in your reference refer to interpersonal relations, not international (re: between nations) relations

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    And just because someone from these shithole countries SAYS they are being abused, etc., we should automatically believe them?? Damn, you can't be that gullible.

99% do not have to come to America illegally to get away from it. They can just move to another part of their own country, much like Americans do when they are fed up with crime in Detriot, NY, Chicago, etc.

There really is not way to defend illegal immigrations, we have laws and policies to protect folks.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I still think the race is Cruz's to lose.

I have received a few random texts from supposed Beto campaign workers asking who I will vote for. I don't respond but I have wanted to tell them i don't vote Red.

I like my youngest, millennial daughter's response to these texts: "None of your damned business!"

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    And just because someone from these shithole countries SAYS they are being abused, etc., we should automatically believe them?? Damn, you can't be that gullible.
    Well, some of y'all seem heartless. I'd rather be gullible than heartless.

I heard a VERY good message from a Christian brother last week from the book of Philemon. The same man (Paul, who wrote several of our New Testament books) who Sessions quotes to say that you have to obey all the laws of the state (from Romans 9) personally took in an escaped slave Onesimus (against the law) and didn't send him right back, but his first priority was the Gospel. He taught him, discipled him, THEN sent him back to his master. The first priority is to help them in the ways they need help (probably physically, spiritually, mentally) then show them that the right thing to do is to go through the legal process - and there NEEDS to be a legal process that's not stupid for normal people who just want to work. We need to get back to the higher law and what is moral. Put the two great commandments first, then draw them down to the smaller details. American or not, these people you talk about are humans, first. Think of how you'd like to be treated if somehow the Blues took over and us gun owners had to regroup in Mexico.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Philemon&version=KJV

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The first priority is to help them in the ways they need help (probably physically, spiritually, mentally) then show them that the right thing to do is to go through the legal process - and there NEEDS to be a legal process that's not stupid for normal people who just want to work.

That already exists, they choose NOT to follow it.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Rhino, could you put up 2 people in your home who wanted to come to your town? Probably so.

Could you take on 4 people? Maybe.

Could you take 100 people into your home? I seriously doubt it.

The day the U.S. fully opens its borders will be the day the U.S. ceases to exist. No nation can survive unlimited immigration.

Perhaps the more Christian thing to do is to minister to these folks in their home countries.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The day the U.S. fully opens its borders will be the day the U.S. ceases to exist. No nation can survive unlimited immigration.

And that is the sad irony.

The country that has done more to help the world, will no longer be able to even help itself.

If your life raft holds 12 people, allowing 50 in it is not not compassion, it is stupid as everybody will die.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    805AE219-C059-49F6-A387-F48253B4BBB0-649737.jpg
    20180824_212031-650261.jpg
    Beta-641504.jpg

Top Bottom