• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Probably the next Senator from Texas and frankly the GOP / so-called conservatives better wake up and realize that our friends and neighbors need to be treated better. I find it offensive that appealing to probably half or a third of the human population of Texas is "pandering."

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    And further, I can't stand how every media outlet, especially the Dallas Morning Pravda is pushing him.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    The fear is that Beto is an open borders geek and I don't care WHO an "undocumented", "visa-overstaying", "river-hopping", "fence-jumping", "freedom train-ridin'" individual might be . . . if they're not here with the US government's permission, then taking their side on issues is "pandering" to them and it ought to stop.

I think a Texas Senator ought to pander to Texans--all Texans. And here's a hint--you're not a Texan if you don't legally belong here.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    The fear is that Beto is an open borders geek and I don't care WHO an "undocumented", "visa-overstaying", "river-hopping", "fence-jumping", "freedom train-ridin'" individual might be . . . if they're not here with the US government's permission, then taking their side on issues is "pandering" to them and it ought to stop.

I think a Texas Senator ought to pander to Texans--all Texans. And here's a hint--you're not a Texan if you don't legally belong here.
    One can legitimately disagree with the US Federal government's position... and I certainly do as a Christian who votes... my first allegiance is to God, and if the state's laws contradict Scripture, I feel no desire to back the policy we have towards otherwise-peaceful neighbors from north or south or overseas.

https://www.openbible.info/topics/welcoming_strangers

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Because they are sick and tired of pandering Ted Cruz who lies, doesn't keep his word, flip flops, hates on Trump, then cozy's up to him? Yeah, I don't like either candidate, but Cruz is pretty done.

This is why Beto has a good chance of winning. Lots of people, who would normally vote Republican, hate Cruz.

Stay home or vote for Beto: here is what you get (pretyy much everything is legal except guns).

Drug policy[edit]
    O'Rourke favors the legalization of cannabis on grounds that the war against narcotics cannot be won.

Abortion[edit]
    O'Rourke has a lifetime score of 100% from the Planned Parenthood Action Fund and a rating of 100% from NARAL Pro-Choice America.[52][53]

LGBT rights[edit]
    O'Rourke told the Dallas Voice that he called marriage equality a core civil rights issue during his House primary campaign.

Immigration[edit]
    O'Rourke favors comprehensive immigration reform.[57] O'Rourke opposed Trump's decision to end Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), which granted temporary stay to some undocumented immigrants who were brought to the United States as minors.[58][59] O'Rourke said it is a "top priority" to protect DREAMers.[58]

Health care[edit]
    O'Rourke has expressed support for single-payer legislation to achieve universal health coverage,

Gun policy[edit]
    On the evening of June 22, 2016, O'Rourke participated in the sit-in in the House of Representatives that attempted to force a vote on gun control legislation. When the Republicans ordered C-SPAN to turn off its normal coverage of the chamber, O'Rourke and Representative Scott Peters transmitted images by cell phone to social media for C-SPAN to broadcast.[71]

He supports universal background checks for gun purchases.[72] On March 7, 2018, O'Rourke told Alisyn Camerota of CNN: "We have a great tradition and culture of gun ownership and gun safety for hunting, for sport, for self-defense... I think that can allow Texas to take the lead on a really tough issue, which the country is waiting for leadership and action on."[73] He has called for a complete ban on assault rifles.[62]

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Doe's that mean you're for open borders, RINO?
    Maybe not completely, but the immigration laws are wrong. If you're not a convicted criminal or enemy combatant and you're willing to submit to the legit laws (I do hold a law that contradicts kindness and welcoming the stranger to be immoral) of the country you are in, you should be welcome. I'm also STRONGLY against building a wall down the border. Stupid idea. Just as likely to keep us in as them out.

And no, I do NOT like Beto, will not vote for him, but I'm not sure I can hold my nose and vote for Cruz, either. I did that with Trump and I don't intend to do it again.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    One can legitimately disagree with the US Federal government's position... and I certainly do as a Christian who votes... my first allegiance is to God, and if the state's laws contradict Scripture, I feel no desire to back the policy we have towards otherwise-peaceful neighbors from north or south or overseas.

Not to be religious; however, render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, but render unto God what is God's. Loving thy "neighbors" and all man doesn't mean ignoring the laws of nations while on this earth.

One of the primary and most important powers of a sovereign nation is that IT gets to choose who comes in and for how long and not the other way around.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock

Confused by your statement. You can disagree with policy and suggest that immigration law needs to be reformed to make it easier more efficient for decent hard working folks to get into the nation legally. Nothing wrong with that. Telling a bunch of folks that it’s ok for them to have broken the law and that you’ll fix their illegal status is pandering. That’s my take on his immigration stance.

Are you suggesting that we should pander to other criminals as well if it suits our goals to get elected?? Maybe next up should be pandering to pedo’s.

I’m not sure what scriptures you’re talking about, but I’m not sure I remember anything in the bible that discusses immigration policy. Being kind to you neighbor doesn’t mean letting them steal from you. AFAIK the USA is an incredibly kind neighbor to the entire world. We dole out more in aid than anyone. We haven’t brought destruction upon either northern or southern neighbors in a century or so. Not sure we can say the same about our southern neighbor though.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

Beto O'Rouke is just as disgusting as the rest of the LEFTIST DIMocRATS. = Think of him another "Chuckie" Schumer with a TX accent.

My guess is that he will get 35-40% of the popular vote.

yours, satx

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Because they are sick and tired of pandering Ted Cruz who lies, doesn't keep his word, flip flops, hates on Trump, then cozy's up to him? Yeah, I don't like either candidate, but Cruz is pretty done.
    What lies and flip-flops?

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Not to be religious; however, render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, but render unto God what is God's. Loving thy "neighbors" and all man doesn't mean ignoring the laws of nations while on this earth.
    Yeah, but all "law" is not legit. https://www.bible.com/bible/1/GAL.5.22-23.KJV "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." Acts 5:29 "Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men."

http://www.portagepub.com/products/caa/sr-lexrex17.html

Top Bottom