• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rentz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    Dfw
    Their website says Eagle Gun Range (the new one in Lewisville) is open now... has anyone tried it out yet?
    Went last week really like it. Everyone was super friendly and helpful, the range is very brightly lit and ventilated and lots of space. There is a range officer on duty at the lanes too so people are always being watched to make sure it's safe
    Texas SOT

bushd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Richardson
    Went to Bullet Trap in Plano on Sunday for my first time at a range. Counter guys were great, the place was perfect temperature, and I didn't have problems with their venting. Their membership is definitely worth a purchase if you're going even just once a month. I know Bullet Trap took a lot of heat in reviews from previous employees attitudes but the place is great now to me.

I will be spending way too much time there now.

Only time there were any issues was when someone decided to rapid fire a large number of rounds (full clip probably) and one of the employees came hurrying through.

Plano Mark

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Plano Texas
    Went to Bullet Trap in Plano on Sunday for my first time at a range. Counter guys were great, the place was perfect temperature, and I didn't have problems with their venting. Their membership is definitely worth a purchase if you're going even just once a month. I know Bullet Trap took a lot of heat in reviews from previous employees attitudes but the place is great now to me.

I will be spending way too much time there now.

Only time there were any issues was when someone decided to rapid fire a large number of rounds (full clip probably) and one of the employees came hurrying through.

I've been a member of the Bullet Trap since the early 1990s and I like it a lot. Plus it is just a couple miles from the house.

Yes, they have rules for safety, but I am okay with that. One time I was shooting - quick but not rapid fire, and I was in sync with the guy in the next lane who was shooting at a similar pace. When I shot, he shot.

I got the tap.

beachtrader

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    McKinney, TX
    Went last week really like it. Everyone was super friendly and helpful, the range is very brightly lit and ventilated and lots of space. There is a range officer on duty at the lanes too so people are always being watched to make sure it's safe

Been out to Eagle gun Range as well. Very nice place and people.

glockstr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Fort Worth
    If your willing for a long term thing and can afford the initial fees I highly recommend the Haltom City rifle and Pistol Club. This is an outside range but it is covered. In the long run if you shoot often it is very reasonable and safety is not a worry there.
    http://www.haltomcityrpc.org/

Last edited:

bushd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Richardson
    Garland Public told me over the phone recently they don't allow anything over .30 cal anymore so I'm heading to Gibson's in Mesquite if it's still open when I can (haven't checked).

Anyone been to Gibson's Outpost?

I've got a friend that goes to Mesquite's Gun Zone but I haven't been yet. Their pricing structure looks very similar to Bullet Trap.

jtyler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Peeltown
    Garland Public told me over the phone recently they don't allow anything over .30 cal anymore so I'm heading to Gibson's in Mesquite if it's still open when I can (haven't checked).

Anyone been to Gibson's Outpost?

I've got a friend that goes to Mesquite's Gun Zone but I haven't been yet. Their pricing structure looks very similar to Bullet Trap.

I've shot at Gibson's when I want to shoot 30-06 or need to burn up fmj. It's ok. I like Garland a lot better. The older gentleman who works inside is friendly. I have heard the gentleman who acts as the RO described as an asshat. He is rude if you do something stupid but he's ok otherwise. Rifle is nice pistols suck there and it's never crowded.

bushd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Richardson
    I've shot at Gibson's when I want to shoot 30-06 or need to burn up fmj. It's ok. I like Garland a lot better. The older gentleman who works inside is friendly. I have heard the gentleman who acts as the RO described as an asshat. He is rude if you do something stupid but he's ok otherwise. Rifle is nice pistols suck there and it's never crowded.

That's what all the reviews say and Gibson's is a bit out of the way for me. I wish Garland would let me shoot .308 but I guess it's shotgun only there now.

pgamboa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    McKinney, TX
    I've been a member of the Bullet Trap since the early 1990s and I like it a lot. Plus it is just a couple miles from the house.

Yes, they have rules for safety, but I am okay with that. One time I was shooting - quick but not rapid fire, and I was in sync with the guy in the next lane who was shooting at a similar pace. When I shot, he shot.

I got the tap.

I recently became a member with Bullet Trap. I am in Mckinney so it's a short 10 minute drive for me. I bought their Family Platinum Membership which gives us No Range Fees and puts us in front of the wait list. It was pricey up front ($460 for the year) but it seems like every time I visit the range, I am paying around $100 anyway. It is also nice when there is a 1 1/2 - 2 hour wait and can get in in as little as 10 minutes. I figured if I visit this place once a month, it would pay for itself. I have found myself making around 3-4 visits per month...I think this would be good for the our learning curve our first year.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom