• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Yep, and I'm also aware that the other ranges are less expensive during the times I can get away and closer. An individual goes in there on a weekend, and the fee is $17.99 plus tax.

I prefer Winchester Gallery, On Target in Benbrook and Alpine outdoor range. Elk Castle is $15 per hour for an individual. I don't like the time limit, and their hours of operation are limited.

Again, second person on a lane at SS is half. No time limit.

But I get availability and convenience.
    Guns International

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    I've been hearing that there is supposed to be a new big indoor range opening up in Roanoak. Has anybody heard if that has happened or not?

tthayil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2012
    United States
    Near Plano/Richardson, I've only been to Bullet Trap and Targetmasters.
    Targetmasters is where I finally purchased a membership. Great deal as your renewal is cheaper and you can buy a punch card that makes it about $8 to shoot. Rapid fire, suppressors fine. Rifle only goes out to 50yd, but hey it's indoor. Good ventilation, can still be warm on the 100+ degree days.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I don't care for the indoor ranges. It's hot and I don't like the smoke burning my throat when I breath.

Bambulance Man

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Texas, Fate
    Near Plano/Richardson, I've only been to Bullet Trap and Targetmasters.
    Targetmasters is where I finally purchased a membership. Great deal as your renewal is cheaper and you can buy a punch card that makes it about $8 to shoot. Rapid fire, suppressors fine. Rifle only goes out to 50yd, but hey it's indoor. Good ventilation, can still be warm on the 100+ degree days.

I had a membership to targetmaster for 3 years. They upped their prices, and now i can find ANY gun they have in their store cheaper somewhere else. great people very helpful but their prices are just ridiculous.

Bambulance Man

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Texas, Fate
    If you like Target Master. Try the gunzone in mesquite off of I30. they just opened a range with similar membership prices but cheaper and brand new range.

extremist

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 14, 2011
    Keller
    The best indoor range in the metroplex in my opinion is Lone Star Gun Range in Weatherford. Better than any of the other places including Shoot Smart, Winchester Gallery and DFW Gun Range.

But it is in Weatherford, which is a drive for most people.

James

extremist

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 14, 2011
    Keller
    What makes it good?

Large spacious store with lots of gear, reloading supplies, ammo and full service large selection gun counter
    LARGE bays (4') with outstanding ventilation, lighting, and counter space in the bay for your stuff
    Outstanding staff

And they treat us right when we shoot IDPA there every Friday night.

James

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Shootsmart is a great facility, but is pricey for regular shooters (and did have some rude staffing issues which I have heard are resolved). But is a better facility than most I have been to. For the most part they have fixed the problem with ventilation and the majority of the staff is good (almost always super busy though which means they're doing it right to the crowd they service). There isn't much incentive though for the price conscious avid shooter. Lots of tourists (my term for shooters that are not really into it but want the experience or rent and shoot very infrequently) which is good to get people involved in the activity. Problem is that the staff has to be a little more strict with everything. Wasn't really much incentive for a membership either. I think better membership options (member's only lanes no lane fees with membership, monthly options, few other perks) and would be enticed to reevaluate my position. I did a league there and it was fun, it's a great place, just pricey so don't let anyone tell you different. But for now, I will stick to my private range for $75 a year at Parker County Sportsman Club where I get little issues with being busy, access to the trap and skeet shooting for only $3 a round, and everything from holster draw firing to 300 yds on the various stations. Worth the trip in every way. I paid an extra $40 for the year which means that I can bring an unlimited number of guests (although only one can shoot at a time). Going there now to shoot some trap.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Large spacious store with lots of gear, reloading supplies, ammo and full service large selection gun counter
    LARGE bays (4') with outstanding ventilation, lighting, and counter space in the bay for your stuff
    Outstanding staff

And they treat us right when we shoot IDPA there every Friday night.

James

That sounds nice.

Just to update, Shoot Smart has a new bay with 5 suites. Lanes are 5 foot wide with a moveable 3 shelf cart in each and you can work from a holster, rapid fire, shoot rifles and full auto.

Ventilation is great, and in the new bay it will nearly suck out the rubber in the berm.

Mechatricity

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    DFW
    This is a great thread- i'm new to the area and was going to check out Bullet Trap and/or Targetmasters this weekend- before i make a purchase at the Ft worth show next weekend.

tthayil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2012
    United States
    Garland Public Shooting range now limits caliber on rifle range to less than .30 caliber. No 7.62x39 or larger, no .30-06, o r.308. Hunters and AK users
    need a new place to go until injunction is lifited. This may be old news to most but I wasn't aware. Any other range let us shoot the cheap stuff?

jd81

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Fort Worth
    That sounds nice.

Just to update, Shoot Smart has a new bay with 5 suites. Lanes are 5 foot wide with a moveable 3 shelf cart in each and you can work from a holster, rapid fire, shoot rifles and full auto.

Ventilation is great, and in the new bay it will nearly suck out the rubber in the berm.

+1 on the new bays. Shot in them last week and A/C was cold, ventilation is good, made for an easy time getting a new scope on paper for a new plinker I have.

indpendnt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    DFW
    I know it's been a while since I posted but 'I been busy'!
    I'll spare ya'll the details...

I'm now working at Eagle! And my completely biased opinion is that it's the best place to shoot in DFW.
    I've been waiting for a range like this for a long time. But I'll skip the sales pitch and give you a couple simple facts.
    This is a family friendly range - it's geared toward kids, familys and instruction of new shooters - Please keep that in mind (you know who you are)...
    It's 25 yds long and you can shoot rifle and pistol - anything short of 50 BMG is allowed, so don't bring the Barrett .50
    Safety is THE PRIORITY, the rules are laid out very clearly, and are strictly enforced. Expect this when you walk in the door. (I include this statement because some people don't like what I've seen posted here as 'restrictive shooting ranges'... and again you know who you are.) Remember it's family friendly so you will be sharing the range with some inexperinced shooters and the rules are there for everyone's safety, yours, thiers, and ours.
    And speaking of walking in the door... all firearms should be unloaded and cased or conceled prior to entry.
    It's a great range!
    Truely climate controled - not just recirculating fans like most ranges that claim to be climate controlled.
    Wonderful ventallation recirculating fresh air to the entire range in under a minute.
    It's very well lit! Not like shooting in a cave as many indoor gun ranges appear to be.
    The Grand Opening is today, raffels, drawings, and what not - so come by and check us out!
    Eagle Gun Range

Top Bottom