• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FWAggie16

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Fort Worth
    I'm sure this question has been asked before, and was wondering what is the best indoor range for quality, and or price? I'm trying to find place I can shoot relatively cheap, and at the same time not be worried about anything I shouldn't. Thanks in advance!
    Capitol Armory ad

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    bullet trap in plano has a membership deal thats tough to beat imo

you asked for DFW - but seeing as you're on the fw side of town - plano isnt practical

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I've been to ShootSmart a handful of times and I really like it. They've always been very professional and courteous - great staff. They cycle through rentals pretty regularly and keep a good variety. I took my daughter up there last weekend and they were great with all the young girls. They also have several different leagues (youth, basic, tactical - I think). Nice, comfortable lounge area w/ drinks available and places to wash your hands after shooting. They have some training and basic gunsmithing now I believe.

I haven't experienced the ventilation issue, it was good every time I went. I know they were doing some construction recently to expand, so maybe they had a few days where it wasn't good? The only negative is that it's limited size wise, but I think they're expanding.

If I wasn't travelling so much I'd probably join up on a membership and maybe a league. As it is, I don't get to shoot near as often as I'd like.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I took my daughter on Monday and we had a great time. The facility is far and away the best I have been to and they are in the process of doubling in size. I'm with the Mexican, if I wasn't so busy with work I'd buy a membership and shoot a whole lot more.

Rentz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    Dfw
    I've had good experiences with great southwest in grand prairie. It's a bit of a drive for me but went to check it out based on recommendation and it was great. Real friendly staff.
    Only downside is its a bit small.

Most of the good ranges seem to be on the ft worth side of the sprawl.(at least until the new ones in lewisville and frisco are built)

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    Winchester Gallery's my favorite range.

Last time I went to ShootSmart the ventilation was bad. I probably won't go back. Too far, and every time I go there I leave pissed off. It just isn't worth the aggravation.
    I don't know when you went but the air conditioning has been reworked and separated from the waiting room. Now there is not much smoke at all. Also some new lanes are now under construction. My 2c

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Does Bass Pro Shops in Grapevine still have their indoor range open? Did a conference up there a few years ago and enjoyed being able to walk from the hotel to the store and shoot. Remember it being a nice place.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Does Bass Pro Shops in Grapevine still have their indoor range open? Did a conference up there a few years ago and enjoyed being able to walk from the hotel to the store and shoot. Remember it being a nice place.

They do, but overpriced and poorly ventilated. About a year since I went last.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    I don't know when you went but the air conditioning has been reworked and separated from the waiting room. Now there is not much smoke at all. Also some new lanes are now under construction. My 2c

I went there a couple of weeks ago. It was better, but the prices are still too high.

Went to Elk Castle with a couple of friends. We shared a lane. It was a good experience, and more affordable sharing the cost of the lane. My only problem with them is they are closed Sunday when I can usually get away to shoot.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I went there a couple of weeks ago. It was better, but the prices are still too high.

Went to Elk Castle with a couple of friends. We shared a lane. It was a good experience, and more affordable sharing the cost of the lane. My only problem with them is they are closed Sunday when I can usually get away to shoot.

You are aware that the second shooter at Shoot Smart in a lane is half price? You share the cost and your per person is only $13.99 weekends, $10.99 weekdays.

Shoot Smart also has $5.00 fee per shooter Monday thru Thursday, 2-4.

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    You are aware that the second shooter at Shoot Smart in a lane is half price? You share the cost and your per person is only $13.99 weekends, $10.99 weekdays.

Shoot Smart also has $5.00 fee per shooter Monday thru Thursday, 2-4.

Yep, and I'm also aware that the other ranges are less expensive during the times I can get away and closer. An individual goes in there on a weekend, and the fee is $17.99 plus tax.

I prefer Winchester Gallery, On Target in Benbrook and Alpine outdoor range. Elk Castle is $15 per hour for an individual. I don't like the time limit, and their hours of operation are limited.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Shoot Smart is reasonable for what you get.

I've always been an outdoor shooter, rarely on actual ranges. Just having a/c vs the sweltering heat is worth the few bucks extra for me.

Top Bottom