• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Nobody has mentioned Brian Setzer yet - and the dude is insanely good.

Here he is with a few friends on stage...Eddie Van Halen, David Gilmour, BB King, Les Paul...several more, too.

Hell, I even spotted Waylon Jennings on stage with (I'm pretty sure) Wendy and Lisa from Prince's band "The Revolution"...This is surreal.

Yep. That's Waylon.
    Dang.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Saw a TV special of Andres Segovia long time ago. Played two different songs at once, one classical and one pop. I'll never make the list.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Lots of good names here but the question is a lot like which truck is better. There's too many categories to place them into. Personally David Gilmore of pink Floyd is one of my absolute favorites.

But what about Adam Jones from the band tool? One amazing thing about tool is they sound the same live as they do on recordings. This dude will be remembered with the greats.

And you can't leave out tom morello from rage against the machine/audioslave. You can't deny he is a master of the guitar in a way no other has been.

There's also a few more that I didn't see on the list. Ozzy's guitarist Randy Rhoads, Peter Frampton, Jimmy Page.

Personally I'm a bass player so I also look at that often overlooked crowd. Tim Commerford of rage/audioslave, Justin Chancellor of tool... and can we talk about Chris Wolstenholme, bass player of the band Muse? This dudes playing 4d chess. He has his own model bass guitar that's got as much tech as an iPhone!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    How about Dave Evans, aka "The Edge" from U2? A lot of really solid, layered backing guitars and some of the best hooks in rock & roll, even if he's not really known for his solos. He's also a freaking genius with his amps and the band's audio system. When I saw U2 perform at AT&T Stadium (the first major concert there), the sound was atrocious because the place just wasn't made for concerts. Muse was their opening act, and I can honestly say I saw them perform live several months before I ever heard one of their songs, because the music in that place just sounded like jet noise.

It seems that Jerry World has vastly different sound qualities when it's empty vs when it's full of thousands of people.

So there was an extended break after Muse's set, and Edge could be seen moving around the stage with the roadies and sound guys, and some recorded music was played while they messed with the mix...and then the U2 set started. And the sound quality was dead on where it needed to be.

Here's one of those killer musical hooks Edge does so well, along with his usual wizardry with delays and layering the sound to create a much bigger sound that one would expect from one guy with a Stratocaster.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Lots of good names here but the question is a lot like which truck is better. There's too many categories to place them into. Personally David Gilmore of pink Floyd is one of my absolute favorites.

But what about Adam Jones from the band tool? One amazing thing about tool is they sound the same live as they do on recordings. This dude will be remembered with the greats.

And you can't leave out tom morello from rage against the machine/audioslave. You can't deny he is a master of the guitar in a way no other has been.

There's also a few more that I didn't see on the list. Ozzy's guitarist Randy Rhoads, Peter Frampton, Jimmy Page.

Personally I'm a bass player so I also look at that often overlooked crowd. Tim Commerford of rage/audioslave, Justin Chancellor of tool... and can we talk about Chris Wolstenholme, bass player of the band Muse? This dudes playing 4d chess. He has his own model bass guitar that's got as much tech as an iPhone!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Stanley Clarke? Solid pick as well.

Top Bottom