• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Friend who passed a while back went across the river from NOLA to sign Prince. Said he was 'miss understood' but extremely talented. Wife hated the Hey Joe song, got angry when I played it. Guy named Segovia(SP?) was pretty good too.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Guy named Segovia(SP?) was pretty good too.
    I wondered if Andres Segovia or any of the classical guitar players might make the list. I got to see Segovia live once, when he was probably about the same age as in this video. No spring chicken. And that's why there are not a lot of videos of him; he was born in 1893 and died in 1987.

Some all-time classical guitarists would also include Julian Bream, Angel and Pepe Romero, John Williams, Christopher Parkening, David Tannenbaum, and others.

Here's a young classical guitarist named Brandon Acker doing an interesting 20th century Italian piece.

I have strange tastes in music. It's country, classical, hard rock/metal, or it ain't on my MP3 players.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Nobody has mentioned Brian Setzer yet - and the dude is insanely good.

Here he is with a few friends on stage...Eddie Van Halen, David Gilmour, BB King, Les Paul...several more, too.

Hell, I even spotted Waylon Jennings on stage with (I'm pretty sure) Wendy and Lisa from Prince's band "The Revolution"...This is surreal.

Top Bottom