• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Back in the days going to school in Southern Illinois, we used to buy Old Milwaukee Beer in returnable bottles. I'd always have a case of empties in my trunk so I could snag a case for just over $3.00 if I turned in the bottles. That crap was so vile we called it "Panther piss." It did, however, transform the most homely lass into a beautiful, fantasy lady. That was hard beer.

Later, I went to Kansas where all saloon beer was 3.2% and hard beer was only bought in ABC (Alc Bev Control) stores. The boys would get wasted on that 3.2 beer but my standard dose was 4 quarts and I was still designated driver. I liked the quarts as they provided a convenient source of weaponry in those rough ass Kansas Roadhouses. Many glass pitchers also served as weapons as they crashed into the side of some poor party boys head. The women.....Lord could they fight!

Roadhouses were always out in the boonies and they had wide open gambling, underage drinking and girlie action. Those were some of the toughest and most dangerous places I've ever been and the cops wouldn't answer calls out there. They'd get beaten up and have their guns stolen! It happened a lot.

Some of those Southern Illinois guys lived in trailer parks and a couple of times a month, we get the call" "KEG PARTY". We'd buy into the kegs and there were several conveniently located through the whole park. We'd go from trailer to trailer sucking up suds. The next day, you'd come back for a reduced charge to suck up what was left. There were people passed out in bushes, laid over the hoods of cars, sleeping it off on sidewalks and in the parking lots. It was a true educational experience.

Flash

RWSutt33

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2010
    RGV
    Shiner or Sam Adams...One thing about yankees they can make beer!!! When I'm oing to get shitty it has to be Bombay Saphire on the rocks.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    ok profile me colt 45 the bull mickeys when im home fooling around but when i get jazzy,
    i love chivas dewars and dark beer

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Shiner Black.............mmmmmmmmmm should be the national beer of Texas!

not as long as austin is still the capitol.

ever see a scenester try to drink that?

i do agree though, it is a phenomenal beer.

like guiness extra stout had a threesome with shiner bock and warsteiner.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Line up the midget. For clarification though, their "normal" rum is shit. However, I have tried a lot of brands of rum over ice, and my favorite was Matusalem Gran Reserve, however it has been replaced by Captain Morgan's Private Stock. I found Matusalem at he Rum Jungle in Vegas (over 200 brands of rum in stock). The Captain Private Stock was a Christmas gift that I almost re-gifted. Glad I didn't.

Captain Morgan Rum Private Stock Reviews. Buying Guides & Consumer Product Reviews - Epinions.com

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Line up the midget. For clarification though, their "normal" rum is shit. However, I have tried a lot of brands of rum over ice, and my favorite was Matusalem Gran Reserve, however it has been replaced by Captain Morgan's Private Stock. I found Matusalem at he Rum Jungle in Vegas (over 200 brands of rum in stock). The Captain Private Stock was a Christmas gift that I almost re-gifted. Glad I didn't.

Captain Morgan Rum Private Stock Reviews. Buying Guides & Consumer Product Reviews - Epinions.com

hmmm
    i am an open minded individual so i will try this before i call bridget.

personally as far as "rum over ice" as i said before, IMHO Sailor Jerry's is hard to beat

if you havent, you need to.

RWSutt33

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2010
    RGV
    So I went to HEB last night to get my weekly 12 of Shiner, and lo and behold the stuff has gone up $3.00. Was so mad about it that I bought a 12 of Tecate for $11.00. Shiner and Sam Adems is almost the same price now give or take a quarter. I'm mad about it I like good beer, and Shiner is IMHOP a good beer, but I still have a budget to live within.:banghead:

RWSutt33

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2010
    RGV
    hmmm
    i am an open minded individual so i will try this before i call bridget.

personally as far as "rum over ice" as i said before, IMHO Sailor Jerry's is hard to beat

if you havent, you need to.

You are very very right. Sailor Jerry's is hard to beat, wheather you drink it over ice or God forbid you put coke or 7up or any other thing you can think of in it. It is about the best rum you can by unless you go to Purto Rico and bring back a couple of bottles of Barletto.

Vance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    San Leon Texas
    I think my avatar say's it all.

Used to have one bar that I went to so often that the bartenders had my Bud and a shot ready by the time I made it to the bar.

Sadly, that place is now a Chinese Buffet.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Keystone Light
    Lone Star
    Gin and Tonic
    Margaritas
    Cheladas

I also make my own Absinthe. I sure wouldn't use any of the online recipes, though. Most of them are very bad. I have every major alcohol anyone could want and try to make a cocktail I've never tried pretty often.

Anyone who enjoys belting it down needs to check out The Modern Drunkard. The book is mandatory reading for all drinkers.
    http://www.drunkard.com/md_archives.htm

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I'm a danged old Gringo but Dos Equies, Corona, and another Mexican beer I recently found, Modelo, seem to please my taste better than the most part of donkey urine produced in my own Country. I woudn't put down German and Holland beer either but I haven't forgotten the great Japanese Asahi and Nippon beer of my years in that area long ago. Phillipine San Miguel always had a headache in every bottle. I have tasted Italian Raffo and Chinese Tsing Tao beer and they were pretty good. Out here in the boonies, only American & European and Mexican beer can be bought...Paint mine Mexican.

But I detest drugs, druggies, Drug Cartels ! You ask whom I "Vive" ? You "Vive" first !

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom