• ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    So what do you knuckle draggers drink?

I've been doing my part to keep Dos Equis in business lately, and out at the ranch we had some authentic Southern homemade pear wine and moonshine. Both were very good, and would certainly sell if made commercially.
    Texas SOT

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Newcastle or similar. The new black label Shiner is pretty good too. Occasionally a Chimay Belgian ale made by monks.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    New Belgum's Trippel is VERY good beer. Blue moon is a close second.

White russians are good too. : )

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    +1 in Bluemoon, I like Killians, and rolling rock as well. Always have a bottle or two of JD Green Label on hand.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    last week (tuesday and wednesday) i was hanging out with aone of my lady freinds, we went out to a couple of bars and i was paying fro drinks via working the pool table. anyway, i ended up getting snookered on pitchers of shiner. so we left, went to another place, (no idea ont he names of these places, San Antonio is to damn confusing for me to keep track, jsut small town boy...) ended up at a nice cozy dimly lit place with a piano guy.

whatever this place was (obviously some kindof piano bar, maybe 'the piano bar' i dunno. but reminded me of 'the uptown piano bar' here in NB) and i spent my winnings on martinis.
    gordons gin is a beautiful thing.

anyway, as a parting gift, she gave me a bottle of triple sec one of boothe's gin (my fav) 1/2 a bottle of monopolowa (awesome vodka btw) and a handle of sailor jerry's.

geesh i wish i could remeber what i did to deserve that... maybe she jsut lieks me better when im drunk! hah.

as far as homeade stuff, Vash and i make a few cases of beer every summer. it is usually darker than shiner black, and fairly bitter and we try to shoot for atleast 9-10% alc. i'll see about getting some made fresh for dove season this year when ya'll come out to the farm.

i have been trying to figure out a good recipe for a unique texas whiskey.
    wouldnt it be cool to put something liek a mocking bird feather, or a rattlesnake rattle, or an armadillo tail in it?
    to sink down to the bottom, and be a good object to dare people to eat when everyone is smashed and at the bottom of the bottle eh?

actually, bluebonnet might be an interesting ingredeint to add tot he flavor.
    anyone ever eat a bluebonnet? what do they taste like?

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    So what do you knuckle draggers drink?

I've been doing my part to keep Dos Equis in business lately, and out at the ranch we had some authentic Southern homemade pear wine and moonshine. Both were very good, and would certainly sell if made commercially.

I respect your good taste and love of quality....Dos Equis namely.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Been clean & sober for 29 years this month. In the day..............Black Jack straight & sometimes with a little water. Bartenders will tell you that Black Jack drinkers are the crazy ones! It's nice to have a sordid past.

Flash

BT1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    USA
    Pilsner Urquell from Czechoslovakia. I'd drink it in my sleep if I could get someone to hold the bottle.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    For beers, the list is long. Here are just some of my favorites, in no particular order:
    New Belgian 1554
    New Belgian Sunshine
    New Belgian Fat Tire
    New Belgian Abbey
    Maredsous
    Shiner Black
    Shiner 99
    Shiner Hefewiezen
    Santa Fe Nut Brown Ale
    Pacifico
    And a few others, but I can't think of them at the moment.

In the "Hooch" category, the list is fairly short:
    Balvenie 21 yr Portwood Single Malt Scotch
    Balvenie 15 yr Single Barrel Single Malt Scotch
    Glenrothes 15 yr Single Malt Scotch
    Glenrothes 1993 Single Malt Scoth
    Glenlivet 18 and 12 yr Single Malt Scotches
    Fonseca Tawny Port 10 yr or older

In a pinch, I'm happy with Crown or Jack Daniels, or a GOOD margerita. I might even hold my nose and drink a Coors Light, but I'll never touch a Miller Lite. Personally, if you can see through it, it ain't beer!

Top Bottom