• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    You mean people play a cool game like this on those game toasters? JJ Yes, the PC version is what I use. It is hard to beat the keyboard/mouse combination. Us old guys never figured out them new fangled xbox and PS3 controllers.

Thanks for posting the trailers above! I had only seen the 12 minute preview before today.

+1 I could never get the hang of controllers.

Tatsun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Arlington, TX
    Man, I cant wait for this game to be released!

Now, I do see a few of you meantioning BF2 and such. I am a huge gamer, and have been playing since COUNTER-STRIKE was released in beta way back when. I was actually CAL-I (Cyber Athlete League - Invite) back then. Just to clarify and avoid confusion.

BF:2 = PC Only game, not available on consoles, and yes, you could go prone
    BF:BC2 (Bad Company 2) Console, and NO, you could not go prone in this game. I used to play this game religiously.

You WILL BE ABLE to go prone in BF:3, already been confirmed by developers, wich is a nice improvement over BF:BC2

I have been playing the BF games since BF:1942, moved on to BF: Vietnam and used to only play on the PC whenever BF:2 was released, back then my computer was top o' the line and could handle the graphics, but technology gets obsolete fast. I was one hell of a chopper pilot in the Cobra. I got sick of all of the sorry ass hackers and cheaters on the PC. I finally broke down and made the switch to the console, and was instantly hooked on BF:BC2, it took awhile but I got used to the controller. Still not as accurate as a keyboard and mouse, but still fun and don't have to worry about all the damn cheaters and hackers.
    I like the COD games, in single player only tho. I prefer the open maps in the BF games, over the enclosed, cage like maps in the COD games. I am a fan of both, but prefer the BF games.

I have also pre-ordered the game for my PS3 already, just counting the days down until October 25th.

Is it just me, or in the video did anyone notice how when the soldier got into the back of the truck with the mounted MG, just before the earthqauake hits, that when he is firing the MG, the rounds that are fed into the MG don't move, the animation just stays in place...anyways, I may need to watch again, could be wrong.

If anyone wants to get owned by me when the game comes out, send me a PM.

All just my 0.02

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    ^^....I even got a keyboard/mouse adapter to use on XBOX when I used to play HALO online, lol.....
    The mouse on the original XBOX was pointless. It wouldn't let you track any faster than you could with the joystick. You could be a little more precises with it, but it was slow as hell. There's a new mouse out for the xbox360, but I haven't tried it yet. I don't even own a console at the moment...

I have to say the one of the most fun games I ever played was BF1942 with the Desert Combat mod. I even ran my own server for a bit. BF2 was a disappointment, and it looks like I'll never play BF3 because I'm not upgrading windows. My PC actually came with Win7, but I took that crap off

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    The mouse on the original XBOX was pointless. It wouldn't let you track any faster than you could with the joystick. You could be a little more precises with it, but it was slow as hell. There's a new mouse out for the xbox360, but I haven't tried it yet. I don't even own a console at the moment...

I have to say the one of the most fun games I ever played was BF1942 with the Desert Combat mod. I even ran my own server for a bit. BF2 was a disappointment, and it looks like I'll never play BF3 because I'm not upgrading windows. My PC actually came with Win7, but I took that crap off

I used an actual computer keyboard & mouse.....nothing about it was XBOX related.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Where do they sell those adaptors? Is it as fast as using a mouse and keyboard on a PC? Please, do tell...

I am talking about the original HALO so this was about 10 yrs. ago maybe....I searched & searched & found them somewhere overseas, have no idea where it was, & lost all the stuff when my house flooded.

The "special" tricks did not work as well as with a controller, but my inability to operate the controller made it worth my while anyway.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Tatsun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Arlington, TX
    Hmmm, I have never tried it before, but I wonder if the X-Box 360 would accept and acknowledge a keyboard and mouse if plugged into the USB port on it. Probably won't, but I think I will Google it and find out

Top Bottom