• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Due date announced. Just got this email.

Hello,

We have received new release date information related to the order you placed on March 06 2011 (Order# 103-*******-*******). The item(s) listed below will actually ship sooner than we originally expected based on the new release date:

"Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition"
    Previous estimated arrival date: January 04 2012
    New estimated arrival date: October 28 2011

If you want to check on the progress of your order, take a look at this page in Your Account:
    Venture Surplus ad

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Battlefield Blog

Tactical unlocks force you to choose the right loadout for you
    That’s the way all of the unlocks and upgrades work. They are specifically designed to be tactical in nature, forcing you to choose loadout based on the map and situation. Do you go for the heavy barrel for your assault rifle? It gives added accuracy for single shots, but at the cost of stronger recoil in burst fire/full auto mode. A standard assault rifle can be modified into a long range accurate weapon or for close quarter, almost SMG-like, combat. For jets, do you go with Maverick ATG missiles to take out tanks or AA missiles to dogfight airborne threats? With your Engineer, do you bring your anti-tank or your anti-air RPG launcher?

In short, we think there has never been a better time to be a Battlefield gamer, no matter your play style.

Heavy barrels reduce felt recoil... but I guess the added weight would increase sway when standing... eh who cares lol.

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    Some things like the wrong guns being used by each faction along with the typical video game crap like silencers reducing damage are making baby jebus cry but I still do hold out hope that the gameplay will give me much enjoyment like BF2 did.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Wait what? what do you mean by wrong sides? If I'm on the American side (USMC) I only get to use American weapons, such as the M16, the M4, the M9, and the IAR and Mark 11. If I'm on the other side it's all AKM's and such.

And so far I haven't seen any suppressors in use, so I can't say anything about that in the game.

I also love that they brought select fire capabilities in the game. The only problem I see is on the AR, when I switch from semi to auto, the selector switch on the gun stays in semi, though I can't see it unless i'm looking down all the way.

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    Wait what? what do you mean by wrong sides? If I'm on the American side (USMC) I only get to use American weapons, such as the M16, the M4, the M9, and the IAR and Mark 11. If I'm on the other side it's all AKM's and such.

And so far I haven't seen any suppressors in use, so I can't say anything about that in the game.

I also love that they brought select fire capabilities in the game. The only problem I see is on the AR, when I switch from semi to auto, the selector switch on the gun stays in semi, though I can't see it unless i'm looking down all the way.

It's little things like the USMC shotgun being a Remington instead of a Mossberg.

BF2 had select fire.

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    Playing the Beta now if anyone wants to add me: RaEbCaKnLdEoSnS (RECKLESS w/ abandon in between) XBOX 360

Didn't like it at first because I'm a COD guy, but its growing on me now that I know the controls and getting used to the game play.

Top Bottom