• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Back on the subject of banning bags and bringing your own--do most of ya'll only buy a bag full of groceries when you go to the store? With living 60 miles from a large grocery store we buy a lot of groceries when we go to city don't think one little bag will cut it.
    I do agree that plastic bags are a problem to the inviroment (more a people problem) but don't want anyone telling me I can't use them. I also don't have a problem with the good old brown paper bags--sacked a lot of groceries in them back in the early 60's.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I usually buy for two weeks when I get groceries. Mostly because I hate going to the store... The bags usually find other uses at home. Trash bags, dog crap bags, use 'em to pick up brass at the range, etc...

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    By no means do I advocate chaos, there must be some rules for civilization.

Plastic bags have in many instances a "destabilizer" that is activated by UV radiation, I'm not 100% sure about the plastic shopping bags. Paper, why ban paper shopping bags, it is bio-degradable. It may be unsightly if some idiot throws it out the window or it flies out of the back of someones truck, but it will rot away. If someone answers to "save the trees", they need to be beaten and educated. When trees are cut for lumber, the portion of that tree that is not usable for lumber is used for "pulp wood", in other words for making paper or "OSB" (orientated strand board, chip board) products. Not all pulp wood comes from this source but a percentage does, why waste it when it can be used to create a product that benefits people. That alone, not WASTING a renewable resource should make the greenie weenies ecstatic to say the least.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Anyone who has left somwthing in a plastic grocery bag in the back of their truck for a couple weeks in the summer aught to know how quickly they start coming apart. If not, put a pound of nails in one and try it. You might want to have a magnet handy.

txgunner00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    Leander, Texas
    All the philosophical and theoretical issues aside, the biggest problem I have with this ban is the way the city council went about it. A few proponents made some presentations, spouted some "facts" and the council jumped in bed. Even after some of these so called facts were called into question and despite the outcry of local businesses they ram it though at a midnight meeting AND decide to spend 2 MILLION DOLLARS to implement it. If this kind of governing is acceptable to you just look in the mirror and say "baaaaaa".

txgunner00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    Leander, Texas
    By no means do I advocate chaos, there must be some rules for civilization.

Plastic bags have in many instances a "destabilizer" that is activated by UV radiation, I'm not 100% sure about the plastic shopping bags. Paper, why ban paper shopping bags, it is bio-degradable. It may be unsightly if some idiot throws it out the window or it flies out of the back of someones truck, but it will rot away. If someone answers to "save the trees", they need to be beaten and educated. When trees are cut for lumber, the portion of that tree that is not usable for lumber is used for "pulp wood", in other words for making paper or "OSB" (orientated strand board, chip board) products. Not all pulp wood comes from this source but a percentage does, why waste it when it can be used to create a product that benefits people. That alone, not WASTING a renewable resource should make the greenie weenies ecstatic to say the least.

Much of the North America's pulp wood comes from re-growth tree farms also. Sustainable forestry does work and is growing.

JaketheBake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Sugar Land, TX
    Back on the subject of banning bags and bringing your own--do most of ya'll only buy a bag full of groceries when you go to the store? With living 60 miles from a large grocery store we buy a lot of groceries when we go to city don't think one little bag will cut it.

There's another issue. I frequently have a whole cart full of groceries. I mean piled over the top. Now I would have to fill half my cart with stupid cloth sacks? Where am I putting all those things while I shop? It will take like a dozen of them.

JaketheBake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Sugar Land, TX
    square bag.jpg

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    The idiocy of Austin, TX is the same idiocy as the Nation's Capitol, however in a lesser degree presently. I don't know what State Capitols and the National one have that attracts kooks, idiots, and dumbasses so strongly ? Heaven Help us from these people !

Elbe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    The idiocy of Austin, TX is the same idiocy as the Nation's Capitol, however in a lesser degree presently. I don't know what State Capitols and the National one have that attracts kooks, idiots, and dumbasses so strongly ? Heaven Help us from these people !

For decades the primary employers in Austin were the government and the University. These two industries attract libs. One does not have to produce or maintain a satisfied client base to keep a job/stay in business in these two fields. When I was a kid, my parents talked about moving to Austin a few times, the deciding factor against it was always that there were few job prospects outside of government and education, and my parents were in neither field.

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    Is Austin the Cali cancer spot of Texas?

Lets ban showers because there's a lot of people that take too long to shower.

I see more plastic water bottles than plastic sacks on the ground. Stop being wimps and drink out of a cup from the faucet.

JaketheBake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Sugar Land, TX
    Works for me... Why do we need anything more than the 10 commandments? Actually, even that is too restrictive. We only need 6 out of the 10

I keep telling people 99% of all the laws are unnecessary and unfounded. I remember hearing Peter Gammons on the radio years ago saying Ted Kennedy was the greatest U.S. Senator in history because he had introduced more legislation than anyone else. Whaaaaaat?

Top Bottom