• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    For one, there's already a thread on this.

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...-plastic-austin-city-council-imposes-ban.html

Secondly, considering the number of plastic grocery bags flying around the area; it makes good sense. People don't recycle them, and they just end up being litter.

We lived with paper grocery bags for years, and there's nothing wrong with them.

It's not "losing their mind," it makes perfect sense! Hell, they should get rid of both plastic and paper bags altogether, and require people to either bring their own bags or charge for the reusable ones like the do in most parts of the world...

broberts001

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    Lake Jackson
    I cannot imagine to see the filthly, reused cloth bags that some people, hell alot of people, will be bringing back to the local stores to reuse. Yuck! Good luck Austin.

-bryan

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I cannot imagine to see the filthly, reused cloth bags that some people, hell alot of people, will be bringing back to the local stores to reuse. Yuck! Good luck Austin.

-bryan

So the hundreds of thousands of Europeans that use this method don't know what they're doing?!? It's quite easy to go to a reusable bag system, and considering the number of plastic (and, to a lesser extent, paper) bags polluting our beautiful state, we should be praising such a brave move and not complaining!

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Considering what a barbed wire fence looks like out here in the middle of nowhere, maybe it's not a bad idea. Just plastic flapping in the wind for hundreds of miles.

stx kid

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    laredo
    I like the idea. I wish LRD would consider something like this.. even if it lowers me to the same level as a dirty stinking hippie.. damn hippies

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    If you want to use your own bag, do so. Requiring this is no different than any other form of behavior control.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    While we are discussing behavioral control. Personally I think the HOV lanes are like soviet Russia. You can only drive in them if you're driving a approved hybrid or motorcycle or are car pooling...

txgunner00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    Leander, Texas

-bryan

Yep- we loves us some salmonella here in Austin. Good think I only have to work in the city limits some times.

Dust

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Mito, Japan/Georgetown, Texas
    So the hundreds of thousands of Europeans

THey also pay $8 a gallon for gas, have value added tax, and have a very limited ability to buy guns. Just because some place else does it doesn't mean that it is the right thing. Chinese babies don't wear diapers and poop in the street, millions of babies are doing it, so it must be right. Diapers would no doubt save more garbage space than plastic bags.

Back on topic. Some cities here don't allow stores to give them out, some stores charge you 3-5 yen per bag. Some don't charge but give a discount if you bring your own bag. Financial incentive is a great way to get people in line.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    The people who posted in favor of Austin's new law are the ones that have lost their minds.

The very last damned thing we need is another law or regulation controlling our choices in life. If you want to use a recycle bag, then feel free to do so. But no government weenie should be telling me that I can't have a clean bag for my groceries.

Top Bottom