• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill guys. I get what everyone is saying with this whole "controlling our choices", but this is about paper/plastic bags. Not what you're putting in them, or anything else like that.

Can anyone even come up with one reason why this is a bad idea? - other than the typical, "The .gov is trying to regulate my life!"

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, if people would act responsibly and not toss the damn things all over the place, the government wouldn't have to intervene!

JADB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    DFW
    Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill guys. I get what everyone is saying with this whole "controlling our choices", but this is about paper/plastic bags. Not what you're putting in them, or anything else like that.

Can anyone even come up with one reason why this is a bad idea? - other than the typical, "The .gov is trying to regulate my life!"

^^ This.

broberts001

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    Lake Jackson
    Very easy to come up with reasons... take a trip to your local Walmart. Walk down the lanes and take alook inside people cars, truck beds - not everyone is clean. Their cloth bags will be sitting on those floorboards, seats, truck beds. Then they move to their homes, where they get sat on the floor, or maybe even placed on their counters. Mix that with juices of chicken, pork, beef, etc. Best case, they wash the bags - but it still gets placed on the floorboard or truck bed. When they go to buy groceries, they places those same dirty ass bags on the loading area. That's where your bags go too. It's not what you do with your bags, it what others do with theirs that concerns me.

Maybe it's just me, but I do the grocery shopping each week at my local Walmart and Kroger and I am would not look forward to sharing my health with some of the people that go in and out of those places.

-Bryan

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    How many personal choices is it acceptable to lose because of "others who don't do what I want/believe in/think is right?"

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    How many personal choices is it acceptable to lose because of "others who don't do what I want/believe in/think is right?"

How is littering a "personal choice?!?" It is that kind of idiotic mentality that forces the government to intervene. If individuals were responsible and acted correctly in public, there would be no need for it; we wouldn't need laws for seatbelts, speed limits and other "impositions" on our lives of those who felt they have the freedom to be complete jackasses would realize that the world doesn't revolve around them.

But alas, generally people are too stupid for their own good and require supervision.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    How is littering a "personal choice?!?" It is that kind of idiotic mentality that forces the government to intervene. If individuals were responsible and acted correctly in public, there would be no need for it; we wouldn't need laws for seatbelts, speed limits and other "impositions" on our lives of those who felt they have the freedom to be complete jackasses would realize that the world doesn't revolve around them.

But alas, generally people are too stupid for their own good and require supervision.
    Littering is already forbidden. Yet because some irresponsible members of our society can not adhere to that rule, the rest of us are denied a choice. That is behavior control through legislation. It's insidious and, while well-intentioned, its imposition on the responsible is wrong.

txgunner00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    Leander, Texas

How can you say this is not enough? You are absolutely correct about individual freedom of choice but it's the businesses that suffer for something that will have 0 practical impact on the world.

txgunner00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    Leander, Texas

Yes, and that intervention should be directed to the jackasses committing the crime. Your statement is illustrates the exact same mentality that gets us gun control.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Some folks are so caught up in the "i dont want no gubment tellin me what ta do" thing they they lose all reason and logic. Hell, lets get rid off ALL the laws.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It sucks. I collect plastic grocery bags and them put them in the recycling bin at Wal Mart, I've been doing that for years. Maybe if more stores kept a bin to bring your last hauls bags in for recycling, they wouldn't end up in the trash as often. I would think setting a system up to recycle these bags woiuld have been right up Austins alley.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Well, I worked in San Francisco when they banned bags. Guess what? Didn't make a difference in how clean the city was. The city council sholdn't ban bags, it's stupid. Oh, and **** Europe.

JaketheBake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Sugar Land, TX
    I don't know where all y'all live that you have plastic bags just flying around everywhere. Yes, there are some but it's not some huge problem. And this is the same idiotic logic anti-gun people use. It's the guns that are the problem, not the people who use them. It's the bags that are the problem, not the idiots who throw them out windows.

Top Bottom