• easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Here is
    How is it an argument? Its the first paragraph of a patent application that explains how an AR works, by someone who actually knows what they are talking about.

No all pistons are long stroke like the M1/AK. Some, like the AR15, AR180, SVT 40, are short stroke. The AR15 just has some of those parts built into other parts, doing 2 things at once.
    If it uses a BCG, it's direct impingement. There is a difference between "acts like a piston" and "gas piston".

Here is a video, and I'm sure I can post many others as well, but pay attention to what he says at the very beginning. Possibly you will hear "direct impingement":

Guns International

Last edited:

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Here is

If it uses a BCG, it's direct impingement. There is a difference between "acts like a piston" and "gas piston".

Here is a video, and I'm sure I can post many others as well, but pay attention to what he says at the very beginning. Possibly you will hear "gas impingement":

ROFL dude give up, you were wrong. You'll get more respect admitting a mistake and learning, rather than digging in your heels on being wrong.

The AR is a short stroke piston. The gas just routes all the way into the carrier because the bolt is a piston. DI means pressure and pressure alone is causing the bcg to cycle.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    If the bcg had a sealed area where the gas tube goes in, it would be di. The AR routes gas down the bolt and it forces against the breech causing the cam to rotate the bolt and start ejection. Why do you think the bolt has gas rings?

A DI bcg (lg42b)

download (24).jpeg

No vents for gas

Short stroke BCG (AR15)
    opplanet-fostech-outdoors-ar-15-stripped-carrier-w-gas-key-nickel-boron-ft-bc-nb-3fs-aba-sck-f...jpg

You have 3 vents, two in a vertical pattern in the scallop that vent after the gas forces the carrier back after camming open the bolt, and one between the two vertical ports, and the firing pin retaining pin hole. This port is sealed by the tail of the bolt and is only open when the bolt is at the end of its cam path

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Here is

Here is a video, and I'm sure I can post many others as well, but pay attention to what he says at the very beginning. Possibly you will hear "gas impingement":

Sootch? I'll listen to him if i need help learning how to ND into my truck.

Why are you trying this? You think that clown knows more than the guy who invented the rifle?

A BCG has nothing to do with how a gun works. An AK has a BCG. an LG42B has a bcg, an MP5 has a bcg

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Call me whatever you like, it's not like I haven't heard it before. I know the difference between direct impingement and gas piston. And have both.
    You own a rasheed, hakim, ljungman, or mas 49/56?

Stoner says it is a piston right there in his patent. I not only linked it, but quoted it as well

Top Bottom