• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZPistol

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2015
    123 Easy St.
    My rifle is overgassed when ran suppressed

Are there specific changes in how your rifle functions that let you know it's over-gassed, or do you just know it's over-gassed because it functions fine without a suppressor, therefore you assume it's over-gassed with the suppressor?

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Are there specific changes in how your rifle functions that let you know it's over-gassed, or do you just know it's over-gassed because it functions fine without a suppressor, therefore you assume it's over-gassed with the suppressor?
    Gas rings in the bolt of the rifle, and blowback are good indicators

sent from jennifer lawrence's bedroom

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Anyone try the Adams arms piston conversion kit on a SBR 300BLK?

I'm debating how much better it is in limiting blowback vs an adjustable gas block - for the money. Never shot an AR piston SBR suppressed.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    It wears them faster, puts more stress than normal on them, to the point of needing changing more often

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin

I can tell mine is way overgassed because it empties a mag like a MAC 11. That's with a H3 buffer in it too, when I had only a H2 it was insane. All the gun range counter people said my gun shot way faster than the M4 they had for rent there. Short barreled ARs tend to be overgassed because they drill the gas port hole bigger for reliability.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    I think people spend way too much time and effort on gassing. Any decent upper should not have any problems. I have Colt and Bushmaster rifles what work fine with the factory set up. I have carbines from Colt, High Standard and PSA that run Heavy buffers and Sprinco "red" buffer springs. They also run fine with the standard carbine buffers, I just chose to go heavy. They all run fine with extremely heavy 9mm buffers

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Some people are fine with their Honda civics. They run great, and last a long time. Some people like their Ferrari's better. More fine-tuned, little more effort to do so, but in the end, very worth it. That's how I am with my AR's. I spend extra time tuning them, and its so worth it. You are welcome to try mine next to yours.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I think people spend way too much time and effort on gassing.
    I mostly agree with you, but I can appreciate people wanting to fine tune a "race" gun. If all you want is a reliable shooter, it's probably better to have it slightly over gassed so that it'll cycle anything reliably.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Anyone try the Adams arms piston conversion kit on a SBR 300BLK?

I'm debating how much better it is in limiting blowback vs an adjustable gas block - for the money. Never shot an AR piston SBR suppressed.
    I have 2 Adams arms uppers. Great build quality.

It it moves the carbon smoke to the gas block, barrel, and handguards away from your face. It has settings for full gas, suppressed, or gas off.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Yeah but none of their conversion kits says anything about 300blk. Maybe w the new XLP has block but again it says nothing about this cartridge.

The only thing labeled 300Blackout on their site are their fully assembled uppers, no conversion kits.

Top Bottom