• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    On topic question and not to sidetrack... I'm familiar with the AR systems, but never had a need to research or jump into adjustable gas blocks because I always thought them needed only for piston systems or suppressors. Is there any other reason?

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    db60b2ee9a6bf53875e0f1764b37fedd.jpg

400 yards 1-4x scope
    It's not yhm that's the upper barrel is attached to

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    On topic question and not to sidetrack... I'm familiar with the AR systems, but never had a need to research or jump into adjustable gas blocks because I always thought them needed only for piston systems or suppressors. Is there any other reason?
    Pretty much what Aaron has been saying this whole thread. Tuning the gas system to get the gun shooting as smooth as possible.

AaronP220

Mr. Sarcasm
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    NW Houston Tx
    Aaron 220 why are trolling me? Is it bc I called out your booty buddy and made him look like the bitch he is?

I'm not trolling you. I'm trying to figure out where you're basing your thinking off of. You expressed a liking for JPE. Well, JPE and Adams (they guy that created Adams Arms) came together and make the Syrac gas block. The Syrac system is MADE by JPE. When you call for Syrac support you call JPE. So you said that you read somewhere that Syrac has shitty customer service and because of that people need to stay away from their product. So you're telling people to stay away from something because you READ somewhere that their customer service was shit. Not that YOU had a problem with the product or even the customer service for that product. I'm just trying to see where you think what you said holds water. Essentially you said Syrac sucks but JPE is great - they're one in the same. Even more wild to me is you based a recommendation of what you read somewhere else from a limited number of people. I had a TERRIBLE experience with Wilson Combat customer service. I've been lied to and jerked around by them many times and they make some of the best products in the firearms world. Just because CS pissed me off doesn't mean I tell people not to use the product.

AaronP220

Mr. Sarcasm
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    NW Houston Tx

Plenty of other reasons that I've outlined here already. Most DI guns are inherently over-gased. They do that so they'll work a great majority of the time. Suppressing the gun only worsens the issue. Adding an adjustable gas block to your DI gun is for lack of a better term - turning it into a semi-piston gun. Using a oriface to control the flow rate of gas into the system. The benefits of an adjustable gas block are extremely evident especially in guns with high round count. Tuning the gas for your system reduces bolt wear, extractor wear, puts less gas back into the action of the gun so the system is cleaner and cooler running. Recoil is softer and your follow up shots are faster.

The idea that adding an adjustable gas block some how increases the complexity and difficulty of the system is hog-wash with the Syrac block. Set it and forget about it. Since the adjustment is click detented and locked by design you don't have to pull the adjustment screw and loktite it like most other adjustable blocks out there. So in reality it's just like a regular gas block that you set once and then don't worry about again. I set mine back in January and haven't touched it and I've fired over 2,000 rounds in the gun. 1,000 rounds were in one day. TejanoScott is running one on the SBR I built him and he absolutely loves it and has reported zero issues with it. I'm running 2. One on the 10.5" and one on the 14.5". Put one on my buddies 16" build. They're great gas blocks that really allow you to tune the system to where it needs to be.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    I never said Syrac made terrible product. Did JP buy SO? If not why would they take all of Syrac's phone calls? That makes so sense to route calls for one company to another espically since they only share one product together. I own the Syrac/JP adjustable gb for my last build bc not may brands would fit under the handguard. I paid more for the JP name bc if I did have an issue I know I'd be taken care of. Now a days just making a good product doesn't mean you can lack in CS. There's another Texas based company who makes a good product but CS and the CEO himself is a ass.

Any examples? I'm wary of low mass bcgs.
    Read my first post about low mass bcg. Some people say I swing by JP's nuts but the info I accumulated about bcg's breaking is from a engineer who builds and develops his own products for the AR. And no he doesn't work for JP.

Now if you really want to go balls out look into boomfab Ti bcg. It's been out for less than a year but people say you can get an extra 1-2 turns less on you gb

Last edited:

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    FYI Misclaimer(disclaimer for the Internet) - I own zero firearms.

Back to it. I'm planning on getting a suppressor next year.

I'll probably get a new lower to SBR first instead of using my pistol lower because I want a billet lower from runner runner.

Then I'll start a build on an upper for this nicer system. I don't put flashy rims on beater cars, so I'm not putting really nice parts on a 270$ upper build.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Nah, they are gassed just right for Wolf and Silver Bear. Just run that stuff ;)

Great info in the thread. Thanks, Aaron!
    They did a test on YouTube with a tuned gun and WPA cycled reliably while other wolf, tula, commie bear didn't. I thought that was weird. Someone can try it with their adjustable gas block. It won't cost too much at 5-8$/box

7 min it starts - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S9UlLiIpygw

Last edited:

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    The LE901? I got both the 5.56 and 7.62 uppers working in auto now. The thing just had to crap out at Hicksville. :mad:

Top Bottom