Anyone Following the Bundy Ranch Decades War With the BLM?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ElevenBravo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Well, unless they're bringing in some three letter agency that has face recognition technology, I'm not thinking they'll be getting too many guys' info. I understand they could have had people in the ranks keeping an eye on things as well as the surrounding areas watching things, but from what I understand-a lot of people car pooled. So we'll see what happens.

The guy who was perched in the crappy sniper position between 2 K-rails with his AK... his picture posted all over the place.... his name and residence is well known since he gave that info to reporters.
    Venture Surplus ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yup, some were gonna get tracked down later. That was obvious and should have been expected. I said at the beginning they would wait for things to die down and people to move on, then start quietly picking up the ones they deemed worthy.

Very slanted article IMO.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Well, now they're going after the people who pointed their guns at the officers.
    I-Team: Police say Bundy ranch protesters not off the hook - 8 News NOW
    Metro Police officers who were on the front lines of a recent showdown near the Bundy ranch in Bunkerville say they feared for their lives.
    "I mean, the hair was up on the back of my neck. There was the so-called militia surrounding the stage. There was a lot of firepower out there and it made me nervous. anything could happen," Lombardo said.
    I feel sorry for all the people involved. They probably thought they were "just doing their job", but this is what the 2A is about. An armed populous is supposed to make the government nervous. Don't like it then repeal the 2A. Good luck...

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Does it seem that the cops were the only ones "nervous" according to this? Armored vehicles and helicopters and people carrying real automatic weapons, Don't make civilians nervous?

ElevenBravo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Does it seem that the cops were the only ones "nervous" according to this? Armored vehicles and helicopters and people carrying real automatic weapons, Don't make civilians nervous?

I am in no way condoning BLM's overreaction but...

the helicopters were for rounding up cattle
    Bundy threatened violent resistance for years if BLM attempted to enforce any of the judgements against him
    Three pipe bombs have been detonated in BLM's offices since the start of this whole thing 20 years ago
    There is a history of BLM rangers and their families being harassed in that area

so, if I were BLM, I'd probably show up with a few discreetly armed security personnel myself. Not at the "show of force" level that BLM actually did. If armored vehicles and automatic weapons make civilians nervous, they probably should have thought about coming down here to be made nervous.

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    The low key approach would have worked better, BUT they decided to show their ass, a few people decided they weren't going to be impressed. Because the weren't going to be intimidated , now they are criminals? Me I don't give a crap about the cows, they were probably close to starving anyway. the "I will shit on you" attitude of the government here, needs to be smacked down when ever possible. IHO

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Reading this was way better than following it on the news. Thanks to all of you for contributing.

Both sides were in the wrong. Rancher for not paying, BLM for not doing this in a more low key way.
    The armed people who came out in support of the rancher either have balls or just wanted to be noticed. I knew no1 was going to shoot. The rancher was a crybaby about it. Man up when you are in the wrong. Same goes for the gov for letting this turn into a show.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Reading this was way better than following it on the news. Thanks to all of you for contributing.

Both sides were in the wrong. Rancher for not paying, BLM for not doing this in a more low key way.
    The armed people who came out in support of the rancher either have balls or just wanted to be noticed. I knew no1 was going to shoot. The rancher was a crybaby about it. Man up when you are in the wrong. Same goes for the gov for letting this turn into a show.

Sorry but would you, if you were a rancher, pay fees that are being actively used to put your out of business? That's called braiding your own noose in my book and I wouldn't stand for it either. Plus the whole Enclave Clause makes any question of whether that is even federal land moot, too bad federal judges have conveniently forgotten that section of the Constitution.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Sorry but would you, if you were a rancher, pay fees that are being actively used to put your out of business? That's called braiding your own noose in my book and I wouldn't stand for it either. Plus the whole Enclave Clause makes any question of whether that is even federal land moot, too bad federal judges have conveniently forgotten that section of the Constitution.
    First it's not the ranchers land so if it's the States rather than the feds the ranchers would still have to pay. Second the cost is pretty cheap. If you are making any real money, you know like professional ranchers, the fees wouldn't put you out of business. Lastly the enclave clause just doesn't apply. Read it again. It is about the feds acquiring land not keeping land during the forming of a state. The enclave clause just doesn't address the issue.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Once the BLM started giving me shit I would sell off and move to lease land from a reasonable entity, like a family estate. You gotta pay your lease, if not they run you off and take you to court.

This type of thing happens but you don't hear the rabble rousing when a landowner kicks a leasing party off their property because estates run their shit better than the Feds. That's why estates don't require additional/increasing tax revenues every year to survive.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    First it's not the ranchers land so if it's the States rather than the feds the ranchers would still have to pay. Second the cost is pretty cheap. If you are making any real money, you know like professional ranchers, the fees wouldn't put you out of business. Lastly the enclave clause just doesn't apply. Read it again. It is about the feds acquiring land not keeping land during the forming of a state. The enclave clause just doesn't address the issue.

Did you even read what I said? I said nothing about that being HIS land, IMO it should be NV state land. If it was still NV state land Bundy has stated over and over that he would be happy to pay the grazing fees because (at least in the past when they managed the land) they didn't try and run him out of business. Second, doesn't matter how cheap the fees are. It wasn't paying the fees that drove all the rest of the ranchers there out of business. It was the fact that the fees went towards enforcement of ever increasing restrictions on how they could or could not graze the land. Regulation is what would have driven him out of business not the fees themselves. In terms of the Enclave Clause, I'll concede that it can be interpreted that way but IMO that's just a sneaky way around it. I just don't feel it's right for the Feds to own literally half of the West and thankfully we are seeing state politicians step up and try and change that.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Did you even read what I said? I said nothing about that being HIS land, IMO it should be NV state land. If it was still NV state land Bundy has stated over and over that he would be happy to pay the grazing fees because (at least in the past when they managed the land) they didn't try and run him out of business. Second, doesn't matter how cheap the fees are. It wasn't paying the fees that drove all the rest of the ranchers there out of business. It was the fact that the fees went towards enforcement of ever increasing restrictions on how they could or could not graze the land. Regulation is what would have driven him out of business not the fees themselves. In terms of the Enclave Clause, I'll concede that it can be interpreted that way but IMO that's just a sneaky way around it. I just don't feel it's right for the Feds to own literally half of the West and thankfully we are seeing state politicians step up and try and change that.
    NV has never managed that land so how the heck could Bundy be saying that when "They" did anything? The fees mean nothing. They cost more to collect than they make. The "Rules" that would put him out of business, which is hyperbole anyway because as I understand it his main income is farming not ranching. Basically he's a hobby rancher who raises cows as a sideline. The "Rules" would be there no matter what. If it were state land he would of been fined for building 2 reservoirs to water his cattle. You don't get to mess with water no matter who manages the land. The people who were put out of buisness went out of business because it is a failing business model. You can't just run cattle on the open range and compete with professional operations. Professional operations, which include family ranches that smart ranchers run as corporations, are still out there and making money. The hobby ranches are closing out. The government should be under no obligation to support failing business models.Calling it Sneaky is just whining when you know the letter of the law is against you. When it is something you want then the letter of the law is what really counts.

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    NV has never managed that land so how the heck could Bundy be saying that when "They" did anything? The fees mean nothing. They cost more to collect than they make. The "Rules" that would put him out of business, which is hyperbole anyway because as I understand it his main income is farming not ranching. Basically he's a hobby rancher who raises cows as a sideline. The "Rules" would be there no matter what. If it were state land he would of been fined for building 2 reservoirs to water his cattle. You don't get to mess with water no matter who manages the land. The people who were put out of buisness went out of business because it is a failing business model. You can't just run cattle on the open range and compete with professional operations. Professional operations, which include family ranches that smart ranchers run as corporations, are still out there and making money. The hobby ranches are closing out. The government should be under no obligation to support failing business models.Calling it Sneaky is just whining when you know the letter of the law is against you. When it is something you want then the letter of the law is what really counts.

Good Lord. How could ranchers ever have survived before the BLM or Government existed!

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    "The "Rules" that would put him out of business, which is hyperbole anyway because as I understand it his main income is farming not ranching. Basically he's a hobby rancher who raises cows as a sideline. The "Rules" would be there no matter what. If it were state land he would of been fined for building 2 reservoirs to water his cattle. You don't get to mess with water no matter who manages the land. "

Not without Government. Land was actually public land, and ranchers free grazed everywhere until the Government came in.

"The people who were put out of buisness went out of business because it is a failing business model. You can't just run cattle on the open range and compete with professional operations. Professional operations, which include family ranches that smart ranchers run as corporations, are still out there and making money. "

Yeah, the ones that were big enough to get Government subsidies, while pushing the small guys out. Because, you know, people owning cows and cattle didnt exist before the Government.

"The hobby ranches are closing out. The government should be under no obligation to support failing business models. "

The Government should stay the **** out of private business, statist.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom