ARJ Defense ad

Anyone Following the Bundy Ranch Decades War With the BLM?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    You are fine with big gov setting food prices? Gov makes crappy food cheap. Poor people buy whats cheap.

You've got to know when to use a Bible and when to use a rifle.

No the market makes crappy food crappy. The Govt just alters the natural price of crops. It doesn't make anyone make crappy food. For any crappy product you can think of there are quality products also made. People just like the crap. Govt just doesn't set food prices. Yes they effect the price and alter the market but that isn't your claim.

Regardless tho I'm done with this highjack. I would get rid of at least 90% of subsidies but this tinfoil hat talk is just....... I'm done.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Family farms are being wiped out. If you'd say its "due to market efficiencies" we could talk but the gov has such a big hand in promoting farm and food policies that we cant even have a regular economics argument.
    It happens in a lot of different sectors. Government subsidies and regulations ensure that small businesses can't compete with larger ones.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    No the market makes crappy food crappy. The Govt just alters the natural price of crops. It doesn't make anyone make crappy food. For any crappy product you can think of there are quality products also made. People just like the crap. Govt just doesn't set food prices. Yes they effect the price and alter the market but that isn't your claim.

Regardless tho I'm done with this highjack. I would get rid of at least 90% of subsidies but this tinfoil hat talk is just....... I'm done.

Ha!

You've got to know when to use a Bible and when to use a rifle.

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    1 American citizen must be punished for standing up to fedgov, 300K illegal aliens free to punish us with disease, crime, and potentially terrorist acts in our near future.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    I dont know why this doesn't scare the left. Bush expanded executive authority then BHO used and expanded it more. So next time we get a Republican in office they can keep expanding and abusing power doing what their side wants.

Short-sightedness.

That is exactly why I wasn't a fan of the expanding powers under Bush. I don't think he was a bad man and I never feared he would become a tyrant. I was concerned about what the next guy was going to do.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Java's right. They're perfectly fine with a power grab as long as it comes from a leftist. They're utterly convinced that they're the majority and nobody they disagree with has a chance of winning ever again, so the power will remain "safely" in the clutches of so-called progressives.

Remember, these are the people who think the GOP took back the house and nearly took the senate because the left's programs didn't go far enough. These are the people who are convinced Obama's re-election was a landslide. Once they have power they don't see any possibility of losing it or being called to account.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Java's right. They're perfectly fine with a power grab as long as it comes from a leftist. They're utterly convinced that they're the majority and nobody they disagree with has a chance of winning ever again, so the power will remain "safely" in the clutches of so-called progressives.
    As far as presidents go, they pretty much do always win. There's been a couple that walk it back a bit like Coolidge and Reagan, but ever since Teddy the president has been left of center.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    http://beta.latimes.com/nation/la-na-bundy-mistrial-2018-story.html
    Judge dismisses case against Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy and his sons
    "Navarro (the judge)... shredded the government for a "reckless disregard for Constitutional obligations." She said she was troubled by the prosecution's tardiness in delivering information about the government's placing of surveillance cameras and snipers outside the ranch."

:banana:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    http://beta.latimes.com/nation/la-na-bundy-mistrial-2018-story.html
    Judge dismisses case against Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy and his sons
    "Navarro (the judge)... shredded the government for a "reckless disregard for Constitutional obligations." She said she was troubled by the prosecution's tardiness in delivering information about the government's placing of surveillance cameras and snipers outside the ranch."
    Saw that on the news. His kids all got off also, I believe.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Read about that yesterday. I wonder if they'll file suit.
    With a federal judge on record saying "reckless disregard for Constitutional obligations" they certainly should.

I was slightly surprised to see that Cliven Bundy had been in jail for 700 days. That's longer than some prison sentences. So much for speedy trials.

Top Bottom