• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    This Thread is gheyer than a three-pronged Fork!

OP will never show up in person with other members of TGT because then he knows he might be called on his Bullshit and knows he can't deliver and will found out to be a poser and a liar. Talks a big game, but will never back up anything, ever! All hat, but no cattle.

Last edited:

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    a bit newschool for my tastes as far as ARs go, but looks like a decent setup
    I started a new mini-Recce type build last week. My goals were keep it simple, keep it light (just the necessities), and with the ability to reach out to 600 yards without much trouble.

- M4E1 Aero Stripped Lower
    - Midwest Industries AR-15 5.56 NATO Completed Assembly 12.5" barrel, 11.5" M-LOK MI Handguard
    - Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24 AR-BDC reticle on Burris PEPR Mount
    - Streamlight 88066 ProTac Rail Mounted Light / 1000 Lumen
    - HERA Arms HFG Pistol Grip Model A
    - Troy padded 2-point rifle sling

View attachment 344078

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    1663044135938.gif

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    I have only 1 556 with less than a 16" barrel. It's 11.5" and plenty loud! There is no problem going 600 with the barrel you have! I have 300bo with 8.5" barrel I stay within 300 yards easy with 150gr and less. I don't use or reload for sub ammo nor have any suppressors. Specific built is what they are.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Bust balls all you want, as long as I don’t have to deal with you in real life and I can keep you at internet’s length, it’s all gravy baby. I’m glad you guys have a nice boys club going on, if you need that in your life, more power to you.

As for your OCC scrutiny, that’s super nice, I know your job don’t pay as much as mine though. :laughing:
    You seem to always try and go out of your way to be a complete frigging arrogant and conceited prick towards everyone on this forum.

Again with the bragging. How do you know you make more money than @toddnjoyce ?

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Nice. I like the gloves suggestions. I have a pair in my range bag, but I admit, it's not something I take with me on long trips. Maybe I should though.

Body armor is another one I'm on the fence on. It's heavy, and hot, but I suppose it would save your life in a pinch. I just don't foresee myself getting into a prolonged fire fight escaping out of a city. The gun is there as a last resort, but I don't see myself being a participant in Civil War 2 anytime soon.

I can convince you body armor is not something to be on the fence about. poly stuff is pretty light. about 8 pounds total. .. It will save your life and stop 30,06 black tip.

@toddnjoyce is right. This is a tight knit group and people will bust your balls, you should come to one of the meets. I think the family reunion is being subbed for the sterling memorials this year. You REALLY should think about coming to one. If you dont want your vehicle identified ( cause you're paranoid) you can carpool with me.

I've already taken one crazy fucker to a reunion and earned a lot of cred for doing so lol. You don't smoke cigarettes do you? LOL

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I had a 12.5" 5.56 SIG sbr for a while.accuracy sucked beyond 100 yards it was freakin LOUD and muzzle flash was dazzle central after twilight. When 300 BO became the rage I sold the SIG (still love the rifle) and went with a 16" upper for my AR in 300 BO
    Unless you surpress it , I would not go that route.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    I can convince you body armor is not something to be on the fence about. poly stuff is pretty light. about 8 pounds total. .. It will save your life and stop 30,06 black tip.

@toddnjoyce is right. This is a tight knit group and people will bust your balls, you should come to one of the meets. I think the family reunion is being subbed for the sterling memorials this year. You REALLY should think about coming to one. If you dont want your vehicle identified ( cause you're paranoid) you can carpool with me.

I've already taken one crazy fucker to a reunion and earned a lot of cred for doing so lol. You don't smoke cigarettes do you? LOL
    They have poly body armor? What's it called? Crazy that poly armor can stop 30-06. I'll buy some today if it's legit.

It's funny you mention Sterling. Honestly, he was one of the few guys from TGT I ever considered meeting up with in person. He was just a kind and open person, and I felt (and still feel) I knew way too much about his personal life which he shared with me. I probably also shared way too much information with him as well. :laughing: To this day one of the few times I felt legitimate sad emotions that someone online passed away. RIP Sterling.

I'm not a smoker, what a filthy habit, almost as disgusting as chew. I went shooting with a friend in Bastrop last month, and he kept spitting that stuff into an empty coke bottle, I had to tell him to hide that bottle in his range bag. Disgusting.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    I had a 12.5" 5.56 SIG sbr for a while.accuracy sucked beyond 100 yards it was freakin LOUD and muzzle flash was dazzle central after twilight. When 300 BO became the rage I sold the SIG (still love the rifle) and went with a 16" upper for my AR in 300 BO
    Unless you surpress it , I would not go that route.

I'm surprised you didn't keep the Sig 12.5", was it their M400 platform? I heard good things about it but never actually got my hands on one. I actually considered buying their Model 516 piston driven model, but went another direction.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    They have poly body armor? What's it called? Crazy that poly armor can stop 30-06. I'll buy some today if it's legit.

It's funny you mention Sterling. Honestly, he was one of the few guys from TGT I ever considered meeting up with in person. He was just a kind and open person, and I felt (and still feel) I knew way too much about his personal life which he shared with me. I probably also shared way too much information with him as well. :laughing: To this day one of the few times I felt legitimate sad emotions that someone online passed away. RIP Sterling.

I'm not a smoker, what a filthy habit, almost as disgusting as chew. I went shooting with a friend in Bastrop last month, and he kept spitting that stuff into an empty coke bottle, I had to tell him to hide that bottle in his range bag. Disgusting.

The guy I took 4 years ago wanted to stop and smoke every 15 minutes on the trip down, which was 3 hours, I told him no. LOL

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I started a new mini-Recce type build last week. My goals were keep it simple, keep it light (just the necessities), and with the ability to reach out to 600 yards without much trouble.

- M4E1 Aero Stripped Lower
    - Midwest Industries AR-15 5.56 NATO Completed Assembly 12.5" barrel, 11.5" M-LOK MI Handguard
    - Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24 AR-BDC reticle on Burris PEPR Mount
    - Streamlight 88066 ProTac Rail Mounted Light / 1000 Lumen
    - HERA Arms HFG Pistol Grip Model A
    - Troy padded 2-point rifle sling

View attachment 344078
    06510695-DB1E-4B5C-AA8E-2030DDA164C9.png I love this one

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    The guy I took 4 years ago wanted to stop and smoke every 15 minutes on the trip down, which was 3 hours, I told him no. LOL

You know you miss ol' Sloppy. I almost died of laughter when I heard you drove him.

Top Bottom