• ...and so much more!
  • Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Agree we don't know everything but had he hit the cop with the taser he may have then had access to his weapon.

With all the time in the world to analyze video and discuss it is very different than the 1 second or less to make a decision in the midst of chaos and adrenaline.

I don't usually defend cops and I'm not now I'm just saying its not 'black and white'.
    Venture Surplus ad

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Let him run & get him later. Yeah, cause that is always easy & safe.
    20b4b39471454c5608aa2be0a3dd58f9.jpg

Attachments

• 20b4b39471454c5608aa2be0a3dd58f9.jpg
      20b4b39471454c5608aa2be0a3dd58f9.jpg
      94.1 KB · Views: 350

servis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Denton County
    Yeah but what the media sees and will report is: "black man with no gun was shot in the back by white cops."
    Sounds familiar. BLM is founded on the "hands up, don't shoot" lie perpetuated by the media.
    The Obama administration Eric Holder investigation came to that conclusion and the media ignored it. Still ignoring it today.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    If you or I shot a fleeing bad guy after a robbery we would be going to jail. This to me seems uncalled for use of lethal force. He took the tazer away from the cop and ran away and was shot. He didn't have the cops gun. The initial stop was for a minor offense. Yes he did resist arrest but that does not call for lethal force. Just my opinion until more is known.
    As he was running away, he turned and pointed something at the officer. You also see, to see a flash of light in the video. For all the officer knew, the guy had pulled a concealed gun (don't think any of the video shows that they had completed a pat down).

I'm with the officer on this one.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    If the dude pointed the taser at the cop, would that influence your opinion?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It might but a taser is advertised as a non-lethal weapon. What if he pointed pepper spray at the cop, should he have been shot? I still think that if you or I would have gone to jail shooting a fleeing bad guy than perhaps the cops should too. The only serious offense that this guy committed is that he was resisting arrest and whooping the cops.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    As he was running away, he turned and pointed something at the officer. You also see, to see a flash of light in the video. For all the officer knew, the guy had pulled a concealed gun (don't think any of the video shows that they had completed a pat down).

I'm with the officer on this one.

I saw the same. Not sure it that was the light or laser on the taser or if he actually fired it regardless this looks like a justified shoot to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    It might but a taser is advertised as a non-lethal weapon. What if he pointed pepper spray at the cop, should he have been shot? I still think that if you or I would have gone to jail shooting a fleeing bad guy than perhaps the cops should too. The only serious offense that this guy committed is that he was resisting arrest and whooping the cops.

And you don’t believe he was a potential deadly threat by having the taser? If he had shot the cop with the taser, then what?

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

Here’s the potential situation as I see it:

A taser incapacitates humans.
    A criminal beating down two cops now has a taser and incapacitates one.
    He steals the sidearm and shoots both cops.

Justified shoot IMHO.

Top Bottom