• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    When working for companies that don't mind you carrying, but prefer you keep it hidden?
    A job that you wear a toolbelt for, that makes carrying anywhere on your waist impossible?

OK, so there are a few extremely rare exceptions; but I still think there are better alternatives than ankle carry.

If it was so great, then a lot more people would still be carrying that way.

They don't, and there's a reason why...

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    OK, so there are a few extremely rare exceptions; but I still think there are better alternatives than ankle carry.

If it was so great, then a lot more people would still be carrying that way.

They don't, and there's a reason why...
    I never suggested it was great. In fact, I said I didn't think it was for me. I was just throwing out some reasons why someone might.
    As a guy thats worn a tool belt for 25 years, it severely limits your options. Especially when your the service call guy, that puts it on and takes it off 15 times a day..

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    Every place I worn a toolbelt, had rules prohibiting carrying a gun.
    My last boss wasn't crazy about the idea. But we struck the deal of, carry all you want, until someone calls bitching, then maybe we'll re-evaluate the situation. I just screwed a gun locker to the van headache rack, and would pocket the gun on jobs that I thought I might need it. But I have back problems and can't sit on a gun or wallet without problems, so it lead to handling the gun more than I wanted to. Ankle carry MAY have been an option. But I never tried it, since it looks inconvenient at best.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    Yeah I was checking out my neighbors LCP and that’s when I starting thinking about this. The LCP fit in my boot easily. Of course that’s not counting the size of a holster.
    Before you buy and lcp, do yourself a favor and go handle the Bodyguard 2.0. Though I've been seeing some pretty amazing deals on the lcp max. But even at half the money, I'm still stuck on the BG 2.0

raven762308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2021
    Anna, TX
    Before you buy and lcp, do yourself a favor and go handle the Bodyguard 2.0. Though I've been seeing some pretty amazing deals on the lcp max. But even at half the money, I'm still stuck on the BG 2.0
    I haven’t shot the LCP but just holding it didn’t really impress me that much and I don’t know why. But, I know I like my S&W guns so I am more optimistic about the Bodyguard 2.0

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    I haven’t shot the LCP but just holding it didn’t really impress me that much and I don’t know why. But, I know I like my S&W guns so I am more optimistic about the Bodyguard 2.0
    I've been being frugal, and haven't bought/shot one yet, but it's the best feeling "tiny" gun I've ever held. And all the gun tubers say it shoots better than any other small gun.
    The LCP max has similar capacity, and it's a lot cheaper. But I'd rather have something that feels good in your hand, and shoots easy.
    If it's comfy and fun to shoot, your more likely to practice with it. If you practice with it, your more likely to shoot it well..

raven762308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2021
    Anna, TX
    I think it would be fine if you wanted to carry a third gun, but the chances it would actually be useful is very tiny.
    Third gun? Where are you carrying the other two pistols????? How much room do you have in those pants???

1728568274933.jpeg

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Third gun? Where are you carrying the other two pistols????? How much room do you have in those pants???

View attachment 480306
    I always pocket carry, but sometimes will carry a larger gun either IWB or OWB. Have also used a belly band, but it's not my favorite. I suppose if I did belly band, IWB, pocket, and threw one in my boot I could comfortably conceal four.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    I always pocket carry, but sometimes will carry a larger gun either IWB or OWB. Have also used a belly band, but it's not my favorite. I suppose if I did belly band, IWB, pocket, and threw one in my boot I could comfortably conceal four.
    I'm not crazy about front pocket carry because it's hard to draw, especially seated.
    Not crazy about back pocket carry, due to back problems that it exacerbates. Though I will if I don't plan on sitting much.
    I don't do a lot of iwb since I'm fat. That's my problem, and I've been working on it..
    I really like a highride owb, or a shoulder holster. But those are both weather/clothing dependent.
    What I've done the most since I've been down here where it's "hot", is carry in Magellan shorts with a lower leg cargo pocket. Though the gun gets awfully floppy if you have to run.
    I haven't tried it with their long pants. But it seems like a good year round solution. Even if I were to get back to a toolbelt job that allows carry.

Top Bottom