• Status
    Not open for further replies.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Max' - I am not the type of person to post to these forums but stumbling upon this I felt I had to speak. In fact I signed up to this forum just so I can reply. If you were a business owner who read the criticism towards Alamo Tactical and Chris himself, wouldn't you want to defend yourself and provide a rebuttal? I read his post, and from I can tell he seemed understanding and fair. Even while he was defending his company, which he has every right to do, he went on to admit some of their downfalls and areas of improvement. Seems humble to me... Of course he is going to call you out on your bias when you put yourself out there admitting it. When you downplay another company and promote your own in the same discussion you are placing yourself in a potentially hostile position.

What would you consider as a 'contribution' to the forum if you were in his position? Obviously you have some serious contention towards Alamo Tactical. Chris responded in a lengthy and detailed discussion which appears took him a lot of time. Did you only read his statements towards you? What is interesting in your series of posts is you mentioned Gun Shack and then used the term 'Us' and then later on stating Gun Shack is "the only one you have faith in these days." I would assume you have faith in the very company you work for. So at one time you are placing yourself as a part of them and then another you are not.

Frankly, Max, as I have previously touched on berating another company by name followed by the promotion of your own is somewhat unprofessional. Using your quoted statement above and referencing your other posts in this forum you are basically saying he should not defend his own business but it is perfectly fine for you to criticize and promote others? Hmmm... Now that you mention 'hypocritical'...

Sorry, but maybe you ought to spend more than one day on here and gain a little situational awareness before making baseless accusations. I have no vested interest in The Gun Shack other than they have treated me extremely well as a customer. As for Hill Country Black Rifles, I've never spent a dime there. So why do I support it? Because on the few occasions that I've talked with them, I felt appreciated as a potential customer. My several visits to Alamo Tactical have all resulted in the same negative opinion of the place, which I have clearly articulated.

See a trend here?

So do I criticize Chris for coming on here to defend his business? No, but if that is his sole reason for joining the forum (as it appears to be), then he shouldn't be on here. This isn't Angie's List, there are supporting vendors who pay to promote their businesses on here, and he's not one of them. If I were one of them, I would have legitimate issue with that.

And just so you know, I am not in the firearms business in any way. I simply support those businesses that respect me as a customer, and when I have a bad experience I am not shy about letting those who actually know me and trust my opinion know about it.
    Lynx Defense

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    I think it is usually hit or miss with Gun stores and we all have different experiences. Some good some bad. The one time I had a chance to visit Alamo Tactical, was very pleasant. I have been to gun stores where I have had some bad experiences, while others I know have had very good ones. I now refuse to do business with those stores.

xio072

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2014
    Sorry, but maybe you ought to spend more than one day on here and gain a little situational awareness before making baseless accusations. I have no vested interest in The Gun Shack other than they have treated me extremely well as a customer. As for Hill Country Black Rifles, I've never spent a dime there. So why do I support it? Because on the few occasions that I've talked with them, I felt appreciated as a potential customer. My several visits to Alamo Tactical have all resulted in the same negative opinion of the place, which I have clearly articulated.

See a trend here?

So do I criticize Chris for coming on here to defend his business? No, but if that is his sole reason for joining the forum (as it appears to be), then he shouldn't be on here. This isn't Angie's List, there are supporting vendors who pay to promote their businesses on here, and he's not one of them. If I were one of them, I would have legitimate issue with that.

And just so you know, I am not in the firearms business in any way. I simply support those businesses that respect me as a customer, and when I have a bad experience I am not shy about letting those who actually know me and trust my opinion know about it.

If you are indeed not officially affiliated with the firearms industry, then I apologize. You must understand the context and words you use to promote a business can convey affiliation. My concern with your latest statements lies in a contradiction and/or double standard you are presenting. This is a public forum and people should be able to join for whatever reason they like as long as they aren't malicious. Defending your own company seems justifiable to me - especially if it is being harshly criticized. In fact, respect should be given to him for caring enough about his own business to present the 'other side of the story' - many companies could care less about what other's say about them. He seems to value his reputation to the community which is becoming much less common these days. That value should be commended.

So, this isn't 'Angie's List'.. OK, but you supported another member who presented a negative review and did just that. You supported, on numerous occasions, the very thing that you said should not be here. Are you saying that only paying vendors should have a voice? Of course you will say 'No' to that, but your statement says otherwise. What would you do if someone presented a lengthy bad review of the stores in which of these two stores you support? Would you provide a rebuttal? I predict you would, and that is fine. You are free to do so as anyone else is. But is Gun Shack and/or Hill Country Black Rifles paying vendors here? I could be mistaken, but I don't see their ad anywhere. I am sure they appreciate you providing them free advertising. And if I was a paying vendor, I would have a "legitimate issue" with that too.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    I forgot to mention that they were able to make a custom kydex speedloader holster for me. I think it was like 40 bucks. Seemed reasonable.

On July 6th, they had this badass July 4th promotion where they were raffling off a bunch of shit and had free Shiner Bock. TLS was an event sponsor.

Based on my experiences, I will be going back. Chris' reply was encouraging.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Alamo Tactical Receipt.jpg

Finally found the reciept from Alamo Tac.

I just Goggled both of these products:

High Tac Ring: I found the Burris (NOT my model ? but I threw the packaging away) for $57.95 Burris Xtreme Tactical Picatinny Style Rail 1" Weapon Rings w/ Free S&H 420183 420182 420181 420180

Found others on e bay as low as $24.95: tactical ring 30mm | eBay

Mini 14 Scope mt 1913: about $11 bucks - $17.95 various manuf: Mini 14 Scope Mount | eBay

One may note the 5% discount for military I got.

Last edited:

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    View attachment 27413

Finally found the reciept from Alamo Tac.

I just Goggled both of these products:

High Tac Ring: I found the Burris (NOT my model ? but I threw the packaging away) for $57.95 Burris Xtreme Tactical Picatinny Style Rail 1" Weapon Rings w/ Free S&H 420183 420182 420181 420180

Found others on e bay as low as $24.95: tactical ring 30mm | eBay

Mini 14 Scope mt 1913: about $11 bucks - $17.95 various manuf: Mini 14 Scope Mount | eBay

One may note the 5% discount for military I got.

Are you freaking kidding me? Are you really going to go so far as to go this into detail about how upset you are with their pricing? Here's a word of advice. BUY SOMEWHERE ELSE if you're really that unhappy about it. It's also an apples to oranges comparison from a storefront to an online large scale E-commerce store/distributor. Do I really need to explain that?

Everyone has said their piece. This thread is now CLOSED until further notice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom