• ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    You’re kinda stuck with Marlin or Henry if the threaded muzzle is the deal breaker.
    Winchester doesn’t typically have that.
    The Rossi guns can be had that way as well.
    Really the sky is the limit if you want to go historical. Winchester alone(and the Italian clones) have the 1866,1873, 1876, 1886, 1882, 1894, 1895 versions available. You will have to cough hard to obtain some of them.
    The .44mag is available in most of them.
    IMO I’d look for a Marlin .44mag gun. Strong and allows optics on top.
    I’d avoid the vertical elevator type action guns(‘66, ‘73, ‘76). They’re very sensitive on cartridge length so you can’t cycle .44Special or .44 Russian thru them. The Win ‘92 and/or the Marlin ‘94 design is a little more forgiving. You CAN fire those calibers in them, they just don’t typically cycle well.
    I do wish Ruger would get off their butts and bring the stainless 1894 Marlin back on the market.

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    If you want to be a little more eclectic - Marlin lever action in 41 magnum and a matching wheel gun (SW/Taurus/ruger)

A Henry in .41 mag is definitely on my radar. It would make an excellent pairing with my Blackhawk.

A Henry X in .357 mag would also be nice to have as it would make a great pairing with the revolvers I have in the same chambering.

I already have plenty of components on hand to load for either of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    A Henry in .41 mag is definitely on my radar. It would make an excellent pairing with my Blackhawk.

A Henry X in .357 mag would also be nice to have as it would make a great pairing with the revolvers I have in the same chambering.

I already have plenty of components on hand to load for either of these.

I enjoy the 41 mag round, I have the S&W wheel gun and have been thinking about a lever gun to go with it, but every time I see one there is something else on the I gotta have list. One of these days......

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    D99FBBD0-4992-4443-A698-911DC4BA11EC.jpeg

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    I enjoy the 41 mag round, I have the S&W wheel gun and have been thinking about a lever gun to go with it, but every time I see one there is something else on the I gotta have list. One of these days......

The .41 is definitely one of my favorites. Mostly because not everyone has one.

Another lever action on my radar is a nice Savage 99. Before I had to go in the hospital I found one at a semi LGS that I’m probably going to go back & get if it’s still there.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2021
    Victoria, TX
    Now with all the above said and set in stone....

I will preface my next statement with the fact that I love deep blued steel and oil rubbed walnut (or the like) stocks.

For reasons I cannot explain I find the Marlin 336 XTR rifle very appealing... Stainless with the greenish/gray laminated stock... I can't explain it... I'm in love with the way that rifle looks... I have not bought one on purpose because I don't want to spoil the dream....
    download.jpg

Alan

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I used to collect Savage 99's. They're cool beans but have reached nosebleed prices.
    They're not really set up for modifications either. If you have one threaded I hope your dog dies.
    Leave them be. Please don't D&T one that isn't already done.
    There is one for sale in Wichita Falls on Armslist, 250 Savage if you are interested.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Puma/rossi in colt45. There's nothing better out there in that price range. I'd also consider a Henry now that they have the side gate option. My old school pre safety rossi is a joy to shoot and the colt 45 is both timeless and common. Mine holds 14! Load it down for plinking and up for hunting, add 45 acp projectiles and open another realm of affordable possibilities.

I'm still on the look out for one in 357 magnum.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I used to collect Savage 99's. They're cool beans but have reached nosebleed prices.
    They're not really set up for modifications either. If you have one threaded I hope your dog dies.
    Leave them be. Please don't D&T one that isn't already done.

I have an unmolested one in 300 Savage.

Top Bottom