Twilight Zone
    1653695703433.jpg

Mega oof.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    We are being fed from a fire hose of carefully scripted “updates” that go back/forth/around. Regardless of the outcome, everyone who can be manipulated has marching orders to keep this on page one as long as humanly possible.

Contrast this with other shootings and then consider the current political timing. We are all outraged but our outrage is being manipulated which is evident by all the infighting I am seeing on three different forums.

On a tangent, I worked directly with police departments at two major public universities and I can tell you that the jurisdictional, political and turf battles that occur when a violent crime goes down on campus is pathetic. The multiple agencies involved only added to the chaos.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    We are being fed from a fire hose of carefully scripted “updates” that go back/forth/around. Regardless of the outcome, everyone who can be manipulated has marching orders to keep this on page one as long as humanly possible.

Contrast this with other shootings and then consider the current political timing. We are all outraged but our outrage is being manipulated which is evident by all the infighting I am seeing on three different forums.

On a tangent, I worked directly with police departments at two major public universities and I can tell you that the jurisdictional, political and turf battles that occur when a violent crime goes down on campus is pathetic. The multiple agencies involved only added to the chaos.
    Here here.

Like I said before, people on scene better handle buisness before someone shows up to assume command. They will surely phuck it up.

Sadly the phucking started here when they woke up.

Kids died needlessly

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    All I’ve seen is Rangers are leading the investigation. A lot of what’s been officially released hasn’t added up when I think about it. I’ve blamed it on inept DPS PIOs, but there’s also been an undercurrent of tension that all of them have conveyed.

What also bothers me is FBI’s CRG PIO-type people are the best in the business and I’ve been wondering whether their lack of participation has been intentional or politically motivated on their part or if there’s some type of Rangers/FBI ego/pissing match going on.

What I do know is that it’s going to be a while before a coherent and comprehensive chronology is produced. Too many inconsistencies.
    FBI being best at telling a story, or telling the truth?

I don't trust the FBI anymore.

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    12 minutes magically reduced to 5

Even then- 5 minutes is a very long time to make a decision to shoot the perp.

12 minutes or 5 minutes doesn't make a difference if you are the one who isn't armed. People need to realize this as the police aren't there to protect you nor can the police be there all the time. In Austin 911 calls now have people waiting up to 2 minutes. A lot can happen in those two minutes. Some people are familiar with the term fight or flight. There is no flight if you can't get out.

There are some people here who realize that before your pistol can clear the holster a guy with a knife can be on you within 20 feet or so. That's why we use to always train having our sidearm level as it clears leather to engage the target. The goal is to eliminate the threat.

At least one attitude has changed below.

“Carrying it on my person is not a bad idea after all this,” he said. One person seems to possibly have changed his mind.
    https://news.yahoo.com/debate-over-guns-unfolds-uvalde-142406458.html

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    I've not been following this whole thread.

Has there been any more info re: the teacher that propped the door open?

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Top Bottom