DK Firearms

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    The counter commando at the gun shop told me today this new pistol will be available in a brand new caliber. He wasn’t very clear but its going to be something similar to a shortened .30carbine round.
    Have y’all heard anything about this new cartridge?

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    So is there where the capacity to produce 9mm went? Like Jesus guys do we not have enough cartridges?
    Bad time to take production capacity up with a new product when they can't keep up with demand on existing lines. More .38Spl & .357 Magnum needed.....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Fletcherjl

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2021
    Cedar Park
    This is odd. I don't understand it, but that's OK I'll just keep carrying a Glock 19 and driving a diesel pickup. I'll pass on the 1911/ safe action trigger cross and hybrid vehicles. I'll pass on the new caliber as well.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Poor timing on a new boutique round.

I jumped on .357 Sig a year or two after getting into shooting. That was when 9mm was $5 a box for Winchester USA, or Wolf laquer coat. Frickin .357Sig was nigh impossible to find on a lot of store shelves, and when I could it was $10-12 a box for FMJ, and carry ammo was on-par price-wise with .44Mag.

I get the idea - they developed the round along with Smith & Wesson - Smith will be releasing two new variants of pistols to go with this round, so is Nighthawk. Smith's new CSX (I watched TFB's vid this morning, and learned CSX means Chief's Special with the X designator added for marketing) and an M&P EZ model. They want lighter, flatter shooting rounds in the pocket rockets. Nighthawk's 1911 is probably going to be a tack driver.

The hotter 30SC will probably approach standard 9mm in performance, but I doubt we'll see rounds heavier than 115 or 120 grains, and I bet 90 to 100 grains will be normal (like with .380 aka 9mm short)

It gives extra capacity in small guns - which is cool. It gives more capacity in full size guns - also cool. What's not cool is that this shit, as others pointed out, is taking production away from the calibers we already know, love, and want AND its going to be stupidly expensive. It will come on hot, thanks to paid gun reviews, articles raving about ballistic performance - just like .357Sig, .45GAP and other lesser known rounds. It will fade away into obscurity faster than either of those to boot.

I guess one upshot from the ammo maker and gun makers though - they can sell these new guns / rounds in countries that prohibit military calibers. Mexicans, Brazilians, and Argentinians can have something other than .32ACP and .38 Super or 9mm Largo now.

Top Bottom