• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    This looks like a cool gun. I hope they're not plagued by recalls or spotty reliability. I'd love to see one a bit larger, with a rail and an optics cut. A 3.8 to 4 inch barrel version, 13-15 round magazines. As seeker_two said, hopefully these are using M&P magazines.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I wonder about magazine compatibility. It doesn't look like Shield Plus mags work....M&P Compact mags maybe? If they go with proprietary magazines, that may be a deal breaker.
    I had problems with Shield 45 mags until I stripped them down, cleaned them with Remington Rem Oil. The oil has Teflon in it, leaves a coating of Teflon. I'm not saying oiling the mags, clean them and push a rag through and wipe the follower top. No more miss feed's. Weird setup removing the springs.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Dunno, maybe I’m just getting old, but so far nothing new interests me. Everything on my bucket list is at least 30 years old. Exception: possibly a Ruger .44 mag red hawk
    ...oh and possibly a SW 1911. I believe it’s a series 80, but I’ve read good things about it.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I like it, but honestly, aside from the 2 extra rnds. There's not much difference between the csx and a $250 Star BM9 I picked up last month. Both 1911ish, 9mm, metal frame, similar trigger/safety. It has ambi controls and better sights. meh

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I applaud the aluminum frame but have to admit this is not the best looking pistol....especially with that janky looking trigger. Some talon grips would help out the smooth frame but not too sure I would jump this offering with everything else out there. Also don't know why Smith left out the dust cover rail. Probably will be added to the Gen 2. It's annoying that manufacturers drop these models sans standard features and then drop the PLUS model shortly after the first wave of buyers already have one.

Top Bottom