• ...and so much more!
  • A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    <>

I believe this is related to the fairly standardized firearms laws across Mexico & Central America, which prohibit civilians from owning anything of a ‘military” or magnum caliber.

Is yours a .40S&W ?

<>
    nah, 9mm. not a fan of .40

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    nah, 9mm. not a fan of .40
    <>

Understood & agree, but you said that you are ‘’a mexican”.

Do you live in Mexico, or is that just an abbreviation for Mexican-American US Citizen ?

I’ve been told my friends from Mexico that they were not allowed .45ACP or 9mm, as both have been “military” cartridges. Similar with 30-06, .308, 8mm Mauser, & 5.56NATO.

Or has the law there changed ?

<?>

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    <>

Understood & agree, but you said that you are ‘’a mexican”.

Do you live in Mexico, or is that just an abbreviation for Mexican-American US Citizen ?

I’ve been told my friends from Mexico that they were not allowed .45ACP or 9mm, as both have been “military” cartridges. Similar with 30-06, .308, 8mm Mauser, & 5.56NATO.

Or has the law there changed ?

<?>
    Im a Mexican American that was born in Albuquerque New Mexico but ive lived in Texas most of my life
    also no mexican gun laws still suck balls.

DACMagic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2023
    Austin
    1911 9mm. Even single stack. It has a better trigger than the Hipower and it's easier to rack the slide in interesting situations than CZ-style guns with the small slide.

Sig 210? Really? I thought those were only for museums...

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    1911 9mm. Even single stack. It has a better trigger than the Hipower and it's easier to rack the slide in interesting situations than CZ-style guns with the small slide.

Sig makes a modernized 210. Very nice guns, but a nice 9mm 1911 is a more practical choice

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas

I dont agree with this assertion

jnynetwk

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2023
    Victoria, TX
    if I did own a 1911 in 9mm it would be one in .38 super because im a mexican
    however I carry a CZ75 P01 Omega with a dot and a light so my choice is already made there lol
    I adore my P01 Omega, it fits my hand perfectly! Until I shoot it, then it bangs the thumb knuckle near the web of my hand until I can't take it. I'd hoped to use it as my daily carry, but I just don't shoot it enough because of that discomfort.

Seabee radm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2023
    Cypress
    Just out of curiosity's sake.....why would you choose to own a 1911 in 9mm instead of a Browning Hi-Power?....

.....or a SIG P-210?....

....or a SA CZ-75 variant?

Just wondering.....
    I’ve often wondered the same thing. I am a huge BHP fan and never gravitated to 1911 In 9mm. It’s unholy.

Tony T

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2023
    Fort Worth Texas
    I haven't yet had one in 9mm, but I think I will. Why 1911 over the other pistols mentioned in the OP? For me, it's chiefly the superior ergonomics. I've owned Hi Powers and CZs, and they are nice (and sometimes I miss them), but they don't hold a candle to a 1911 in terms of ergonomics. One has to mention the obvious - The trigger of the 1911 is superior to any other. People often compare the trigger of other pistols to the 1911 by saying that, after their trigger job, their trigger is almost as good as a bad 1911 trigger. Then, there is the surpassingly elegant mechanism, and the aesthetics...

Top Bottom