• ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    All of this talk about a 9mm.

It seems y'all forgot what .not my president biden said about them. Something to the effect of....

"no one needs a 9mm because it will blow your lung right out of your back"

:popcorn:

All the more reason to get one. With them armor piercing hollow point cop killer mercury tipped bullets.
    Hurley's Gold

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    From a utilitarian point of view you could easily argue against a 9mm 1911. Size, capacity and weight vs other platforms. But this is the real world. Who cares about that crap. My 9mm 1911 is one of the sweetest shooting pistols I've ever shot. Like those commie bastards in Oregon say, just do it.
    20210801_141723.jpg

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Just out of curiosity's sake.....why would you choose to own a 1911 in 9mm instead of a Browning Hi-Power?....

.....or a SIG P-210?....

....or a SA CZ-75 variant?

Just wondering.....
    Because I can more safely disassemble and reassemble the 1911 models one handed, after some modifications are made. I can't say that about the others listed. Maybe it's possible, I just haven't experienced it first hand, so I'll stay with the 1911 format.

Ingramite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Hill Country
    I just haven't gotten around to buying a 9mm 1911.
    When I think of 9mm I think Beretta and SIG to cover the base.
    I bought a Bond Arms derringer in 9mm for roughly the same money that I would have spent on a Rock Island 1911.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I just never warmed up to the Grande Puissance (that almost sounds vulgar!).
    I owned several made in Belgium, Portugal, etc. It just didn’t do it for me and the 1911 is so thin and ergonomically correct in my hand.

If I wanted a hi-cap 9, I would look no further than the Beretta 92 (it’s available in a compact version). For me, it’s the Cadillac of the full-size/mid-size 9’s!

In my opinion,

<>

FI:FY

’’………the high power was not that popular IN THE USA until they quit making them.’’

This may well have to do with the recent resurgence of the 9mmPB round, since so many states now approve CC, and with the adoption of 9mm by the U S Militaries decades back.

I recall back in the 1950’s, 9mm’s were oddities, mainly War take-home P38’s & Lugers. My first job in high school was in a sporting goods store, the owner of which was not firearms-savvy, so I handled most guns & ammo questions. We stocked .45ACP, .32ACP, 38SPL, .22LR, etc. but had to order 9mm for customers. Indeed the coupe folks I knew who had P38’s rarely ever fired them.

leVieux

<>

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    I have a SA Range Officer, mainly due to arthritis in my shooting hand. less recoil than the .45 I like shooting it and it is mostly for the range. Since I have found a way to alleviate the Arthur pain I have gone back to the .45. My choice was familiarity with the platform. Plus I had a HP is days gone by and did not shoot it well. To each his own.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Just out of curiosity's sake.....why would you choose to own a 1911 in 9mm instead of a Browning Hi-Power?....

.....or a SIG P-210?....

Just wondering.....
    if I did own a 1911 in 9mm it would be one in .38 super because im a mexican
    however I carry a CZ75 P01 Omega with a dot and a light so my choice is already made there lol

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    however I carry a CZ75 P01 Omega with a dot and a light so my choice is already made there lol

Lots of those around here. With cool Aztec or dia de los muertos engraving. Expensive as hell though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cinco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2019
    Mineola, Tx
    I have a Hi Power - great gun and an Icon (I also have 1911s in .45acp - Nighthawk, GunCrafter and Springfield - great pistols but not "Icons") . I wanted to buy a Nighthawk Lady Hawk in 9mm for my Wife but couldn't find one so I got her an Ed Brown Special Forces Single Stack Stainless in 9mm in it's stead - she prefers shooting 9mm over .45acp and it's a very very nice pistol

black_ice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2017

.....or a SIG P-210?....

Just wondering.....

I bought mine on an impulse. They had the Springfield Range master on sale at academy and I already had a STI 10mm 1911 and a couple other .45 1911 so I bought it.

It’s not as fancy and doesn’t cost as much as my other 1911’s but it being 9mm makes it fun to shoot and enjoyable to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    For me it’s hand fit. Control familiarity.
    The BHP is pretty good but it doesn’t fit me quite as well.

I'll take that Hi-Power off your hands so it won't trouble you anymore.

As to the OP, I love 1911s, but for a 9mm I'd chose the Browning Hi-Power. Specifically Moonpie's, which he had me try out and which made me really appreciate the design.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

I believe this is related to the fairly standardized firearms laws across Mexico & Central America, which prohibit civilians from owning anything of a ‘military” or magnum caliber.

Is yours a .40S&W ?

<>

Top Bottom