• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I chose the Wilson Combat EDC X because it’s vastly superior for what I want it to do than any other single action 9mm. I also chose it years ago, when it was pretty much the only option in the category.

It’s my primary EDC gun; fits like a glove, shoots everything reliably and accurately, 15 rd and 18 rd options.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Better trigger than a Hi-Power. Some people get hammer-bite from Hi-Powers. I have and love both though. P210's are awesome, but mucho $$. The triggers on the two of them I've shot were scary light - it's purely a range toy.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Browning Hi-Power gives me hammer bite even with the round hammer. Probably not a problem for normal hands but I have fatboy hands.

Sig P 210 might be a great shooter but I've never shot one or owned one. I think the @Moonpie had one so ask him.

For me it would be a tie between the 9mm 1911 and CZ75 variation. There's plenty of models of each for any budget and lots of aftermarket parts.

***Edit.....ghosted by the @Moonpie

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Just out of curiosity's sake.....why would you choose to own a 1911 in 9mm instead of a Browning Hi-Power?....

.....or a SIG P-210?....

....or a SA CZ-75 variant?

Just wondering.....

9mm 1911's are either slimmer (single stack) or have higher capacity (double stack)

Better trigger

No magazine disconnect (on the Hi Power)

No hammer bite

Easier to customize with bolt on parts (extended beavertail to stop hammerbite, ambi safety, extended slide controls, etc) because of a vastly, vastly broader aftermarket and the general design of the gun compared to all of the listed alternatives

And then ultimately - what is the use of said firearm? Safe queen? Any listed will do. EDC? I guess it depends what you like - compact, subcompact, full size, extended slide (to impress the ladies when you carry IWB), - are we talking duty gun? Now we're worried about who makes a reliable retention holster (this is where 2011's win, as no name brand duty holster maker makes a P210, Hi Power, or CZ-75 duty holster - if you want a gun with a hammer its pretty much 2011 or nothing these days)

Now all that said - I am a yuuuge fan of Hi Powers and how they shoot, despite the awful triggers - I love me some CZ-75 goodness too. Never owned a P210, so cannot comment. I am sad that Para Ordnanace went the way of the Do Do - I had an early 90's manufactured single action 14-45 that was a gem to shoot. Seems double stack .45's are just not in fashion anymore. 9mm's though are where all the LE agencies seem to be trending because of less recoil and less cost per round. Where LE goes, it seems the civ market goes too.

I shoot 9's because of those two factors, but I also do enjoy .45's - if .45 wasn't so damn expensive to shoot I wouldn't mind a Glock 21, another Para (if I could find one), or a Sig P220.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I rented a RIA 1911 9mm at the range. Easy shooter and more accurate than I could be. I also handled a Prodigy 2011. But the both have the 1911 characteristics I can do without....grip safety and barrel bushing. And I don't want to take out a mortgage to get Prodigy mags.

I wish they had a Hi-Power to rent. I think I'd enjoy it more.....

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    I have both. I found that I prefer single action autos, so since I had the Highest Power and love it, why not a 1911 in 9mm. I bought the RIA a couple of years ago and it is a sweet shooting 9mm. I might even shoot it better than my Hi Power

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I just never warmed up to the Grande Puissance (that almost sounds vulgar!).
    I owned several made in Belgium, Portugal, etc. It just didn’t do it for me and the 1911 is so thin and ergonomically correct in my hand.

If I wanted a hi-cap 9, I would look no further than the Beretta 92 (it’s available in a compact version). For me, it’s the Cadillac of the full-size/mid-size 9’s!

In my opinion, the high power was not that popular until they quit making them.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I rented a RIA 1911 9mm at the range. Easy shooter and more accurate than I could be. I also handled a Prodigy 2011. But the both have the 1911 characteristics I can do without....grip safety and barrel bushing. And I don't want to take out a mortgage to get Prodigy mags.

I wish they had a Hi-Power to rent. I think I'd enjoy it more.....

@Moonpie has/had a DW Guardian in 9mm that’s addicting.

My WC EDC X9 has no grip safety and a bull barrel. The SFX is the single stack variant of their X-frame is you want to go slimmer.

SA is still working thru Prodigy birthing issues; RIA ia a great value that many pass by as a discount gun.

Top Bottom