• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cckirk

May 18, 2024
    Sealy Texas
    My last encore pistol barrel was a 10" 44mag. It shot real good, but I got a spiral non-union humorous break, so no more hard kickers for me. I had to hunt deer with my 22hornet or 223 barrels for 4 seasons, before switching to nef 20ga rifled bull barrel. I shoot lefty now, so no problem with kickers. Still love the 20ga Brenneke slugs. Easy blood trail and they never far.

Shady

The One And Only
    Aug 24, 2013
    this is my 44 mag

1724692653828.jpeg

• Wow
    Reactions: MTA

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I have a Ruger Redhawk with 5.5" barrel. I bought it in May 2016 just prior to going on a trip to Alaska with my son. It was a just in case kind of a gun - just in case we encountered an angry or hungry Grizzly bear and the bear spray did not work. My son carried a 45 and a Remington 870 in 12 gauge, the 870 was the just in case gun for him (the 45 was for two legged vermin). Of course, we did not see any bears. I have on rare occasions carried it on the street but that is a very rare thing for me and probably will not be repeated by me. I also have a Charter Arms Bulldog in 44 S&W Special. It is much more suitable as an everyday carry gun but regardless of that I prefer to carry a Glock 26 or two. So, I must say, I do not think you crazy for carrying one, if you are proficient with it, can carry it without discomfort and easily conceal it (if need be in your location) that is excellent. In fact I think you're completely normyl for doing so.:cool:

Attachments

• 1911 & redhawk.jpg
      1911 & redhawk.jpg
      468.9 KB · Views: 20
    • redhawk.jpg
      redhawk.jpg
      201.8 KB · Views: 21
    • Charter Arms Bulldog Left Side, June 2022 Hessney Auction copy.jpg
      Charter Arms Bulldog Left Side, June 2022 Hessney Auction copy.jpg
      96.4 KB · Views: 21
    • Charter Arms Bulldog Right Side, June 2022 Hessney Auction copy.jpg
      Charter Arms Bulldog Right Side, June 2022 Hessney Auction copy.jpg
      123.9 KB · Views: 25
    Last edited:

El Coyote

Jan 21, 2024
    Spring, Texas
    Know you are not crazy for carrying a 44 mag if you are comfortable with it do it. I carried one for many years a 4 inch model 29 and six speed loaders with 210 grain silver tips but I have retired it to my safe or just shooting it at the range now carry a custom built model 25 45 acp with 2 inch barrel and double action only and it is a smooth as butter

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gunnar
    Top Bottom