Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Men's Skeet

USA for the gold and silver. Chinese Taipei takes bronze. I'll leave it to others to explain the political divisions that create odd team names.

How about the mens Skeet! Americans win gold and silver. Vincent Hancock - four golds in a row!!!
    Oh, yeah. Our shotgun teams are something else when it comes to longevity/performance over multiple Games.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Women's 25M Pistol

South Korea takes Gold. France earns Silver. Hungary takes Bronze.

This event is usually referred to as Women's Sport Pistol. There's a non-Olympic, centerfire version for men. It's usually shot with .38 revolvers although there are plenty of options.

The men's event, along with Free Pistol, are probably my two favorite ISSF shooting sports. It's too bad the Olympics no longer includes either.

I could also pine away for the loss of 300 meter 3 position rifle, the sport where household names (if you're a shooting household, anyway) Lones Wigger and Gary Anderson earned their reputation. That event has been gone since 1972, though, so I should stop mourning its passing. :(

Last edited:

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I spent a short time as a skeet shooter with my Remington 1100 20 ga. with a skeet choke.

Best I ever did was bust 19 outta 25...mediocre, but best I could do.

I was mo deadly on doves...

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    I spent a short time as a skeet shooter with my Remington 1100 20 ga. with a skeet choke.

Best I ever did was bust 19 outta 25...mediocre, but best I could do.

I was mo deadly on doves...
    I never understood how y'all could even attempt that sport. Way beyond anything I could ever do.

I mean, skeeters are darned near impossible to see farther away than a couple of yards...
    :clown:

OldPhart

On Everyone's Ignore List
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    Men's Skeet

USA for the gold and silver. Chinese Taipei takes bronze. I'll leave it to others to explain the political divisions that create odd team names.

Oh, yeah. Our shotgun teams are something else when it comes to longevity/performance over multiple Games.

I had the pleasure of shooting with Kim Rhode on a few occasions as we were members of the same gun club back in So Cal. She made it look so easy......

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I had the pleasure of shooting with Kim Rhode on a few occasions as we were members of the same gun club back in So Cal. She made it look so easy......
    They didn't let her bear the flag at her last Olympics. Even news outlets that hate guns took note that an Olympian who earned at least one medal in that many consecutive Olympic games deserved to carry our flag. I'm still pissed about that and I've only met her once.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at Truth about Guns blog.

It’s a wrap for the shooting events at the 2024 Paris Olympics and the world saw phenomenal shooting with five new Olympic records set in 14 different medal events and 42 medals up for grabs. China showed they are currently the ones to beat winning the most shooting medals in Paris with 10 including five gold, two silver and three bronze. The USA (one gold, three silver, one bronze) and Korea (two gold, three silver) were next with five medals each and Italy followed suit with four medals (one gold, two silver, one bronze). India, Switzerland and Guatemala each joined the countries earning more than one medal with two apiece.
    The shooting events at the Summer Olympics just concluded, but you can still celebrate in the action by watching all of the shooting action on NBC Olympics Shooting Hub.

Attachments

• Vincent-Hancock-and-Conner-Prince-Olympic-Skeet-768x373.jpg
      Vincent-Hancock-and-Conner-Prince-Olympic-Skeet-768x373.jpg
      44 KB · Views: 15
    Last edited:

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    This thread is for coverage and discussion of the shooting sports.

This thread needs to stay on topic. Posts complaining about the Olympics in general will be deleted or moved.

Good idea to put all the stories here. I liked the background discussions on the different shooting events and guns used.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    shooting events at the Summer Olympics just concluded
    They're not quite done. I usually try to include coverage of the Modern Pentathlon. Irritatingly, they're trying to de-emphasize the shooting so much that the pistol event is now called the "Laser Run." Anyway, it won't conclude until this coming Sunday.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    you can still celebrate in the action by watching all of the shooting action on NBC Olympics Shooting Hub.
    That's a great link to the full-length video coverage, i.e. television coverage for shooting nerds. However, folks have to be able to sign in using the credentials from their cable provider or from Peacock+; that will be a stumbling block for some.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gunnar
    Top Bottom