• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Nope, couldn't bring myself to recognize this guy!! Always hate that thing!

View attachment 458850

But here's some trivia for ya, Paley was discovered for the role by becoming a karate black belt at age nine and consequently appearing on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson with Chuck Norris!
    51CeifK1P0L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Looks like he's from the Critters movie

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    An excellent tribute to Kinky from Kent Perkins...

My great friend for half a century, Kinky Friedman, slipped away peacefully at home in his sleep early this morning.

He leaves a legacy of laughter, music, loyalty, mercy, tolerance, servitude, and wisdom.

He was famous as a best-selling author, humorist, songwriter, and singer. But we, his close friends and family, knew him as a rescuer of unwanted dogs and cats, a compassionate, philanthropic, soft-spoken man who devoted much of his life to serving others less fortunate.

He and his sister Marcie founded the Echo Hill Gold Star Camp. It is in session now, for kids who've lost a parent to military, police, fire, or EMS service.

"The Kinkster" left his mark on this planet, in an excellent way.

He was friends with Presidents, homeless vagrants, and every type of human being in between; all people were of equal value to him. His heroes included Moses, Jesus, Mahatma Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, and Winston Churchill.

Kinky, at 79, performed on stage as long as he could stand up with a guitar strapped around his neck. And then he performed sitting down. Ruthie and I must have been to hundreds of performances over the years and we never saw him fail to win over a crowd with his humor, his music, and occasionally a heart-touching page or two read onstage from one of his books.

His books are printed in many languages and their appeal is worldwide. Several of his novels included a character described as "Kent Perkins, Private Investigator." He included many of us, his best friends, in a successful series of humorous murder mysteries centered around the amateur sleuthing of a down-and-out singer-songwriter living at 199B Vandam Street, Greenwich Village, New York named Kinky Friedman.

I learned a lot from Kinky. I never met a more honest, witty, selfless, generous, or sincere person than Richard Samet "Kinky" Friedman.

Somewhere in heaven, I'm sure there's a quiet corner with a big easy chair, a bright floor lamp, a big stack of biographical books, and a few old dogs wagging their tails to the faint smell of cigar smoke.

Rest in peace, my friend.

1719511673865.png

Top Bottom