• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Pretty cool they kept a lot of those RPO codes all the way to the end too ;) In the last generation, the WS6 was still the performance and handling package. Got you the hood and raised airbox, 17x9 wheels, 3.23 gear if you picked an automatic, and Bilstein shocks. Stinks the last Firebird was in 2002. I still miss my '98 Formula sometimes.

That is true. What was neat or interesting about the Formula many years ago, depending on the options, you could range from a dressed up Esprit, or a Trans Am with out the shaker hood and scoop and the fender flares. Many of the items available on the Trans Am could be optioned on the Formula, including the engines and transmissions.

My 1978 Formula also had the W-50 Appearance Package as well. This was the stripe package at the bottom of the car, that included the large "Formula" lettering on the doors at the bottom. Also included tail panel being painted the same color as the striping. Mine also had the Trans Am rear three piece spoiler and the engine turned instrument panel like the Trans Am, instead of the standard wood-grained one that most Formula's came with.

Picture of mine from years ago. The car had been repainted at least once so the large door decals weren't replaced. The 7" rims on the front aren't original to the car either.

Ebrdn5Il.jpg
    Guns International

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Pretty cool they kept a lot of those RPO codes all the way to the end too ;) In the last generation, the WS6 was still the performance and handling package. Got you the hood and raised airbox, 17x9 wheels, 3.23 gear if you picked an automatic, and Bilstein shocks. Stinks the last Firebird was in 2002. I still miss my '98 Formula sometimes.
    When I cam home from deployment I was in search of a 2001-02 WS6. After a few months of searching and not finding what I wanted I settled on a Z-28 catfish in hugger orange.
    FB_IMG_1521063253709.jpg
    FB_IMG_1521063246960.jpg

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Many years ago, you could go into the dealership, and pretty much order a vehicle equipped with just the options you wanted on a vehicle. All you had to do was sit down with the salesman, and go down the options list and check off the options you wanted, and about four to six weeks later, the salesman called you, (on a landline of course!) to let you know your vehicle was in.

This why when you buy a lot of the older vehicles now, they can can some interesting options that came with.

Years and years ago, I bought a 1978 Pontiac Formula from a friend of mine, that he had bought from the original owner that had ordered the car from a Pontiac dealership in Corsicana. Ordered in black, with black velour interior. Equipped with a W-72 400 and manual four speed transmission and a posi-trac 3.42 geared rearend. Alsao equipped with the WS-6 handling package, which included the 8" aluminum "snowflake" rims. Power brakes and power steering were also added. Non-A/C, and no power accessories at all. The original owner must have been wanting a race car from the factory!

You still can order a ford truck the way you want it just like back then you have to choose from options that are available.

If I follow though with my Ford lighting pre order I will pick all the options I want over finding one close on the lot.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    You still can order a ford truck the way you want it just like back then you have to choose from options that are available.

If I follow though with my Ford lighting pre order I will pick all the options I want over finding one close on the lot.

To some degree, yes you can. But many times they are still putting several or many options into a package.

69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    I like the looks of the larger Bronco. We test drove one and I remembered why I don’t like Ford. Rattles and usually unreliable. Though they did put the water pump outside the block.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Doug Demuro did a really good overall review on one the other. I’m impressed with them. Not enough to buy one instead of a Jeep though. I’m really hoping the competition will be good for Jeep. Ford has some goodies Jeep doesn’t and comparable trim levels are in Ford's favor price wise.

If I was just looking to get into that type of vehicle and had no brand loyalty, I’d be pretty tempted to get the Bronco.

69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    Wife wanted a fulls size Bronco. We test drove one it rattled badly it’s a complete POS. The doors were rattling so bad the lady sales person actually open the door and slam it shut thinking that would help. It didn’t. You could hear the side windows making noise inside the doors also. My wife’s 2007 220k FJ rides better then a new bronco and I hate that FJ. She said, not getting a new vehicle until she wears out her Toyota. Jokes on her I don’t think it’ll ever wear out.

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    Wife wanted a fulls size Bronco. We test drove one it rattled badly it’s a complete POS. The doors were rattling so bad the lady sales person actually open the door and slam it shut thinking that would help. It didn’t. You could hear the side windows making noise inside the doors also. My wife’s 2007 220k FJ rides better then a new bronco and I hate that FJ. She said, not getting a new vehicle until she wears out her Toyota. Jokes on her I don’t think it’ll ever wear out.

The ones on the lot are getting rode hard with test drives. I know my dealership has a solid list of 15 minute test drives all day long, and it’s a months long list. Both buyers and potential buyers. That’s a lot of door slamming, and “what does this button do” per day, with zero maintenance or adjustments. I wouldn’t doubt those test drive mules are making noise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    I
    The ones on the lot are getting rode hard with test drives. I know my dealership has a solid list of 15 minute test drives all day long, and it’s a months long list. Both buyers and potential buyers. That’s a lot of door slamming, and “what does this button do” per day, with zero maintenance or adjustments. I wouldn’t doubt those test drive mules are making noise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It had 5000 miles lol I’ve had vehicles with 300k that don’t rattle like that.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Doug Demuro did a really good overall review on one the other. I’m impressed with them. Not enough to buy one instead of a Jeep though. I’m really hoping the competition will be good for Jeep. Ford has some goodies Jeep doesn’t and comparable trim levels are in Ford's favor price wise.

If I was just looking to get into that type of vehicle and had no brand loyalty, I’d be pretty tempted to get the Bronco.

Doug DeMuro has done some pretty awesome reviews, but he's somewhat biased against Jeeps...

This is a pretty good comparison...

Top Bottom