• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kidd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2009
    Chambers County, Tx.
    And crap.. does anyone know if I can get a copy of my vehicle title in another county? I really don't want to wait in a Harris County tax office line.. that would take hours.. especially since there is only ONE location in Harris County to get a certified copy of your vehicle title. I found a link on the TX DMV website saying "Other supported counties" and Waller County was one of them. If so, does that mean I can go to Waller County to get a certified copy of my title?

In Beaumont ( Jefferson co. 50 min from Baytown ) you can get it quick, been there twice a few years back, 30 min. both times.
    Target Sports

Last edited:

NTMock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Hockley, TX
    In Beaumont ( Jefferson co. 50 min from Baytown ) you can get it quick, been there twice a few years back, 30 min. both times.

I'm north of Houston. My mother lives in Hempstead that's what I was wondering if waller would be ok

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Thanks Shorts.

I did find a really decent one. Going to look at it tomorrow. Basic specs and numbers below.

2012 RAM 2500 Heavy Duty with HEMI 5.7
    Crew Cab
    8' Bed
    4x4

MSRP was around 38,000

Got an instant 1% less than factory invoice for banking with Capital One.

Brought it down to 33,500.

500 consumer cash credit

Trade in value of 5,500 and 4,000 cash on top.

Financing 23,500 + TTL.. Amazing deal.

I have been trying to find a vehicle for years. Every time I get close, something happens and I am not able to make a purchase. I was looking at cars because I worked an office job for a long time. Seems like every time I applied for financing I got laid off or had to move and find new work. Soon as I started hot-shotting, I need a truck, find one in a couple of days.

YUP, God is GOOD.

Wow, that's a pretty good deal. Let us know what you think of the truck. You should get out under $26k otd.

everyone i hear about getting that sort of gas mileage must have a heavy foot.. when i take off at an intersection i never exceed 2k rpm, and never idle over it at highway speeds. gasing it when the light turns green wont get anyone there any faster. =\ lol .. in my 1500 i get 15 city and 18-19 highway.. which is over OEM rating for my year

Drive style has a huge affect on mpg. It's documented up to 30% of an average mpg. Your description sounds right on for fuel savings.

I've gotten 14-16 mpg on my last 3 Ram 1500 Hemis. Pretty wary of that "20+mpg" claim by Dodge. Your 3/4 ton will beeven worse.
    (04 QC Hemi, 08 QC Hemi, 11 Crew Cab Hemi 4x4).

That's what I was wondering. A 2500 4wd is heavy (drive train and axles especially) and the weight will do no favors for the engine. The axle ratio will influence mpg too. IIRC the truck likely has the 3.73s(?) which is a versatile ratio. It'll hurt or help depending on tire size.

Anyway, just rambling out loud over coffee

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Lol awesome it will pull hoping to get some shocks and tires soon for mine, also my roomie is selling be his bullydog power pup for a reasonable price as he traded in his dodge.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Lol awesome it will pull hoping to get some shocks and tires soon for mine, also my roomie is selling be his bullydog power pup for a reasonable price as he traded in his dodge.

I saw you were running slicks pulling that Camaro lol You'll like the bully dog; keep tabs on the fuel pressure & injectors.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Yeah ill get a set of gauges soon damn autometer wants and arm and a leg 187 dollars just for the pyrometer!!!

NTMock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Hockley, TX
    Yeah ill get a set of gauges soon damn autometer wants and arm and a leg 187 dollars just for the pyrometer!!!

Have you looked at Craigslist? Also.. try Newegg.com - Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More! it is mostly an electronics and computer parts website, but they sell automotive items as well. I know they sold programmers before, I bought one for a friend off there because it was about $20 less on their website, and there is no sales tax when you buy from them, so saved him about $40.

Just looked, they have light/electric pyrometers (Auto Meter 5743 Phantom Electric Pyrometer - Newegg.com) for around 110-120, and factory matched pyrometers (Auto Meter 8444 Factory Match Pyrometer/EGT Gauge - Newegg.com) for around 160-170. You may pay a few bucks in shipping, but no sales tax is worth it.

Just to clarify, if you click those links, under the price it says "Compare offers from more sellers as low as...." click that and then you can add it to cart from another distributor.

Last edited:

NTMock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Hockley, TX
    Appreciate it yeah looking for the factory match pyrometer

No problem. I use newegg for nearly everything I buy new. Their customer service is second to none. Their prices are always fair. Can't say enough good things about them.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I am looking to get a new truck for work in a couple of weeks. I have opted for the 2012 Ram 2500 with the hemi engine because if I go up to a diesel my boss will want me to pull a trailer which I do not want to do at this point. I have heard good and bad things about the mileage on those trucks. My question for you all is does anyone here have this vehicle or any knowledge of it? I'm looking to figure out a reason why this truck will be better for me than my current one.

The one major plus that I know about the 2012 and 13 Rams is that they now have a six speed automatic transmission which runs at about 1500 rpm at highway speeds.

Also I am willing to listen to suggestions if anyone else has experience hauling between 500 to 3000 pounds in one load.

The truck must be four wheel drive, crew cab, and have an 8 foot bed.

Not looking for any fancy options, a standard work class truck will do.

The fully loaded 2012 Ram 1500 I bought last July shows an average of 14.1 mpg to date, but I admittedly am a lead-foot. I tried driving it like a Sunday School teacher and was able to average 19 mpg for a couple of days, but what fun was that? If you don't mind buying used, I highly recommend you get a 2011 or older as the ECMs (Engine Control Modules) on the 2012s can't be reflashed so you're stuck with the factory settings and the MDS (Multiple Displacement System) i.e. the Hemi runs on 4 cylinders when cruising gives an annoying vibration which can be felt through the steering column. Small complaints as my truck takes off like a rocket once the revs are up! The 2013 has new technology which might entice you: 8 speed transmission, aerodynamic shutters behind the grill, variable ride height and an available Wi-Fi hotspot through your U-connect system.

Last edited:

NTMock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Hockley, TX
    The fully loaded 2012 Ram 1500 I bought last July shows an average of 14.1 mpg to date, but I admittedly am a lead-foot. I tried driving it like a Sunday School teacher and was able to average 19 mpg for a couple of days, but what fun was that? If you don't mind buying used, I highly recommend you get a 2011 or older as the ECMs (Engine Control Modules) on the 2012s can't be reflashed so you're stuck with the factory settings and the MDS (Multiple Displacement System) i.e. the Hemi runs on 4 cylinders when cruising gives an annoying vibration which can be felt through the steering column. Small complaints as my truck takes off like a rocket once the revs are up! The 2013 has new technology which might entice you: 8 speed transmission, aerodynamic shutters behind the grill, variable ride height and an available Wi-Fi hotspot through your U-connect system.

I see your point. I don't by any means have a lead foot so I believe I will be alright on MPG. But as it stands, its only a matter of time til someone cracks the encryption and you are able to program the 2012 models.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    LOL 2k is kinda high. I go about 1600rpm.

I dont even roll 2k on the interstate ;)

If I am shifting or rollin' over 2k, you better get out of the way. Driver is not happy and will squash you!

NTMock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Hockley, TX
    LOL - well in my 2004 HEMI 1500, 2k is 70mph on the highway.. and the thing gets up and goes.. 2k while taking off is a bit too. I am hitting city speeds in no time at all.. not that slow! I am not a grandpa don't you put that on me haha.

I just like to take care of my vehicles and be as efficient as possible. More efficient = more money for guns and ammo.. aren't I thinking the right way?

NTMock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Hockley, TX
    Well here it is.. must say.. its a good looking truck. Although I need a better phone with a good camera apparently.

Top Bottom