Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    No video, must be a cover up!

Look, they released video to help cover their tracks!

Sent from my HAL 9000

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don't believe discussion of the relevant video constitutes "off track".

Sent from my HAL 9000

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Impossible to say much of anything from this video. No way to determine how many shots fired, when or by whom. Video resolution just does not support such. And as far as someone definitively saying how many shots hit the truck, no way to tell. Trees got in the way at times, blocking view. Not all angles shown.

Perhaps photo's of the truck will be release later showing damage.

I've had the pleasure of shooting up a few cars. I can say without a doubt that bullet holes would be very visible on that truck given the quality of the video.

Sent from my HAL 9000

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    I've had the pleasure of shooting up a few cars. I can say without a doubt that bullet holes would be very visible on that truck given the quality of the video.

Sent from my HAL 9000

NO NO NO. Someone said that the Feds fired 130 something times into the moving truck. It must be true. Doesn't matter what we see the Feds are t evil and are guilty of everything they have ever been acused of regardless of what our eyes say. /snicker

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    That man was murdered.

Well he was sure as shooting killed but there seems to be a distinct lack of evidence showing anything but a justified shooting. I don't know why people are so resistant to Lavoy meaning what he said. Maybe he preferred to be shot than go to jail. That's what he told the world. Where is the conspiracy?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Sent from my HAL 9000

Sorry, calling BS on that.

I have had the pleasure of doing a fair amount of video analysis in my time. I can say without a doubt that the video does not support that conclusion.

You may be lucky and have guessed right. But no one can determine from that video.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    What can be determined?

They left a traffic stop.

One of them was shot.

Shots were fired at the truck. (Edited for clarity. The "more" referred to the fact that at least one shot was fired when the person went down, as verified by reports.)

LEO's were primed for action and looking for trouble. The blockade with accompanying ambush preparations indicate pre-planning. Which one should expect.

With no audio and no better video resolution, not much can be said conclusively.

No use continuing to speculate. Just have to wait for the evidence to come out, which will be a while.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I didn't see evidence on the video that the LEO were looking for trouble.

You said it was impossible to determine e if shots were fired at the truck, now you say "more shots were fired at the truck truck". How did you determine that given your previous statements on the video quality?

Sent from my HAL 9000

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    MY thoughts would be if there were officers in the trees, they were expecting trouble.

I can agree with that. Given the circumstances I think any reasonable person would be expecting trouble.

But I don't believe that is the same as looking for trouble.

Sent from my HAL 9000

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex

I have had the pleasure of doing a fair amount of video analysis in my time. I can say without a doubt that the video does not support that conclusion.

You may be lucky and have guessed right. But no one can determine from that video.

However that could be easily verified with the real vehicle.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I dont get why the one officer tried to jump in front of the vehicle. Seems like a horrible idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It has been posited that maybe he thought they were going to hit the vehicle he was hiding behind, or alternatively he was intending to try to stop them from going around, or that he thought they'd all bail out and attack.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013

Which copy of the video have you looked at? White truck and pretty good resolution, if there were 100 plus bullet holes I really think you would be able to view some, not all, but some bullet holes. I can't see any.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Do you have an executive summary? THats a ton of friggin reading.
    Three eye witness accounts. Ammon Bundy, Mark McConnell, and Victoria Sharp. Bundy and McConnell were not in the vehicle with Finicum so they aren't eye witnesses for that part of it, but for some reason McConnell has been on the news saying Finicum charged the cops. Sharp was the only one that could be a real witness to Finicum's death. The video doesn't really fit any of the eye witness accounts.

Top Bottom