Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I've always thought that sort of arrangement should be considered "practicing medicine without a license" and be prosecuted as such.
    As an adult, I feel the same about the principal who kicked me out of school because, as he (approximately) told my parents, "You're going to have to accept that your son is profoundly retarded and will need constant care for the rest of his life. We're not able to provide that level of care.'

Lots of people with a little power think they should be able to make medical judgements without any pertinent training.

Pisses me off.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    <>

Now that the contrived nature of the COVID Pandemic and its integrated, coordinated global governmental “response” is better understood as an exercise in draconian tyrannical power, exploring potential to subjugate us all, while escaping blame for 10MM deaths-caused; I began to recall and see prior acts of the globalists via Obama in different light.

Thus led me to re-examine the entire equally draconian & clever test of compliance that we were put through with the “sleep apnea” experiment.

The entire ordeal was, and still is, based on ONE case of a commercial PIlot’s falling asleep during a scheduled flight in Hawaii. The incident was properly “reported”, but did not cause any accident, injury, nor significantly impede / endanger others.

At the time, many in the Medical Community noted that the U S DoT’s “solution” seriously overstated the public danger and in no way justified the massive non-legislated policy “rule” to force every U S Pilot, including Private PIlots; and, in addition, all Truck & Bus Drivers, plus other transportation workers, to adopt the mandatory use of those damned “C-PAP” machines.

The rule was seen contemporaneously as massive unjustified over-reach, but there was no organized outcry or resistance. Not a peep from the AOPA, ALPA, Trucker’s Unions, Bus/Taxi Drivers’ groups; crickets with uniform compliance.

Why was this not cause for lawsuits to force the authorities prove both their “case” and/or that they had the Constitutional authority for such acts ?

Then, recall that every “C-PAP unit was designed to report back in, AUTOMATICALLY, to Big Brother daily, to assure forced compliance uniformity.

Indeed, many Physicians were induced into the burgeoning field of “Sleep Medicine”, as the rule demanded ongoing Medical supervision of everyone involved.

What a “dream” exercise of extraconstitutional power by the globalists and their deep state minions !

Yet, virtually everyone involved cooperated, as it had been presented as a public safety issue, and we couldn’t “be sure”. The compliance achieved was uniform.

Today, I know of no significant EVIDENCE, nor constitutional argument, to justify what was done to many of us.

I suggest everyone at least recognize it for what it was, a trial exercise for raw, unjustifiable deep state power.

I regret not recognizing this for what it was much earlier.

leVieux

<>
    i sppent over twenty five years of my professional careerin the trucking industry and had to follow all sorts of dot compliance i never heard of any dot compliance for cpap machines maybe the op could show some credible sources showing suvh dot compliance exists or maybe thistread is another one of his tall tales!

red442joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Michigan
    i sppent over twenty five years of my professional careerin the trucking industry and had to follow all sorts of dot compliance i never heard of any dot compliance for cpap machines maybe the op could show some credible sources showing suvh dot compliance exists or maybe thistread is another one of his tall tales!
    The OP not withstanding, Marten made it a "condition of employment" that my sister use a c-pap. They gave no reason, our best assumption is because she is overweight, and other drivers who were overweight had problems...

Joe

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The OP not withstanding, Marten made it a "condition of employment" that my sister use a c-pap. They gave no reason, our best assumption is because she is overweight, and other drivers who were overweight had problems...

Joe
    many things can be classified as condition of employment and if you sign off on them then by agreeing you are obligated to abide by those condition. most peoplle never read the employee handbook before signing it! and when you sign it you are agreeing to the companies rules and regulations

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    The whole "EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED!!!" thing didn't start until the last decade, maybe 15 years for the folks really on top of the trends. I'd be amazed if any CPAP back in the 90s had any kind of wireless capability.
    <>

There you go again, twisting what was said.

My experience was after 2010.

Copied from my previous reply to YOU:

“Shortly after my last FAA “Flight Physical”, which I had passed easily.
    The year was around 2014 or 2015; I can’t recall the specific year.”

No “1990” in there, is there ?

<>

Last edited:

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I don't know if it's state by state of federal but, back in South Carolina if you had a CDL and you had been diagnosed with sleep apnea you had to get a compliance and benefit download for your yearly physical.
    We also had an airline pilot that had to get quarterly downloads to keep flying.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I don't know if it's state by state of federal but, back in South Carolina if you had a CDL and you had been diagnosed with sleep apnea you had to get a compliance and benefit download for your yearly physical.
    We also had an airline pilot that had to get quarterly downloads to keep flying.
    <>

Every Nation except one in central Africa belongs to the “ICAO” Treaty group. All Nations use National Air Pilot credentialing.

Aren’t the Truckers’ “CDL” & “OTR” Permits Federal, too ?

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    It may be. But where he is sipping whiskey with General Westmorelands Chief of Staff, or dove hunting with his buddy that receives two box cars of ammo direct from the manufacture every year are much more entertaining.
    <>

I never said ANY of that.

Gee, does it make you feel like a “big man” to dissemble, rearrange, & falsify in order to belittle a person you don’t even know ??

Sorry that you are unable to carry an honest discussion or argument.

You have my PITY.

leVieux

<>

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    What the DOT physical doc told me that when the FMCSA required a doctor to be on an approved list to administer the dot exam, they had to sign a contract that dictated what they had to do to remain compliant. This was never a law, just a regulation. It went away under Trump's administration. However if you were diagnosed with sleep apnea under the previous regulation, you will have to continue on a CPAP until you can pass the sleep test proving you no longer need it. I don't know if it was reinstated under the current administration since I have sleep apnea I have to use it or loose my medical card.
    If you loose your medical card you can't legally drive a commercial vehicle unless you have a job that doesn't require a dot physical to operate a commercial vehicle. While I understand there are a few exceptions, they are few.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    <>

There you go again, twisting what was said.

My experience was after 2010.

Copied from my previous reply to YOU:

“Shortly after my last FAA “Flight Physical”, which I had passed easily.
    The year was around 2014 or 2015; I can’t recall the specific year.”

No “1990” in there, is there ?

<>

I didn't use any of your words in that reply, leVieux. Here's a crazy concept for you: Not everything I talk about is about you. Get your goddamn ego in check for once in your life. Just because I capitalize something doesn't mean I'm quoting your headache-inducing "style" of typing.

I was referring to the current obsession with connecting every device in a home to wifi from the computer to the refrigerator to the electric pencil sharpener and was not referring to a single fucking word you typed.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    <> But where he is sipping whiskey with General Westmorelands Chief of Staff, or dove hunting with his buddy that receives two box cars of ammo direct from the manufacture every year are much more entertaining.<>

I never said ANY of that.

Gee, does it make you feel like a “big man” to dissemble, rearrange, & falsify in order to belittle a person you don’t even know ??

Sorry that you are unable to carry an honest discussion or argument.

You have my PITY.

leVieux

<>
    Odd I don't see where I mentioned you. Just referring to a comment about a old bag of piss telling tall stories.

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Yes, it is very real. I won't tell you about my 2nd doctor experience with it 3 years ago in San Antonio except to say only the very dumbest doctors go into this area of practice. Doctors do come in a wide variety of skill and morals.
    <>

The field of “Sleep Medicine”, which has grown phenominally since the government agencies began mandating “monitoring” of various occupations, attracts Physicians unhappy with their previous specialty choices.

The retraining required is minimal, compared to other specialties.

Many come from Internal Medicine & Pulmonology.

Others, like ENT Docs are attracted b/c they already have expertise in the area, and can do the surgeries (“uvulo-phayngoplasties”).

Once a practice is set-up, much of the actual work of monitoring can be done by NP’s & PA’s, with little supervision.

IOW, a sort of “Cash Cow”. . . . . .

<>

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    What the DOT physical doc told me that when the FMCSA required a doctor to be on an approved list to administer the dot exam, they had to sign a contract that dictated what they had to do to remain compliant. This was never a law, just a regulation. It went away under Trump's administration. However if you were diagnosed with sleep apnea under the previous regulation, you will have to continue on a CPAP until you can pass the sleep test proving you no longer need it. I don't know if it was reinstated under the current administration since I have sleep apnea I have to use it or loose my medical card.
    If you loose your medical card you can't legally drive a commercial vehicle unless you have a job that doesn't require a dot physical to operate a commercial vehicle. While I understand there are a few exceptions, they are few.
    <>

”This was never a law, just a regulation.”

There-in is one big part of the problem.

The “exemption’’ of those with regular drivers’ licenses reveals the hypocrisy of the “deep state”.

They knew that if they pissed-off than many Citizens, they’d be the ones in trouble !

But, if any driver is a great danger, all also are.

<>

Top Bottom