• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Now that the contrived nature of the COVID Pandemic and its integrated, coordinated global governmental “response” is better understood as an exercise in draconian tyrannical power, exploring potential to subjugate us all, while escaping blame for 10MM deaths-caused; I began to recall and see prior acts of the globalists via Obama in different light.

Thus led me to re-examine the entire equally draconian & clever test of compliance that we were put through with the “sleep apnea” experiment.

The entire ordeal was, and still is, based on ONE case of a commercial PIlot’s falling asleep during a scheduled flight in Hawaii. The incident was properly “reported”, but did not cause any accident, injury, nor significantly impede / endanger others.

At the time, many in the Medical Community noted that the U S DoT’s “solution” seriously overstated the public danger and in no way justified the massive non-legislated policy “rule” to force every U S Pilot, including Private PIlots; and, in addition, all Truck & Bus Drivers, plus other transportation workers, to adopt the mandatory use of those damned “C-PAP” machines.

The rule was seen contemporaneously as massive unjustified over-reach, but there was no organized outcry or resistance. Not a peep from the AOPA, ALPA, Trucker’s Unions, Bus/Taxi Drivers’ groups; crickets with uniform compliance.

Why was this not cause for lawsuits to force the authorities prove both their “case” and/or that they had the Constitutional authority for such acts ?

Then, recall that every “C-PAP unit was designed to report back in, AUTOMATICALLY, to Big Brother daily, to assure forced compliance uniformity.

Indeed, many Physicians were induced into the burgeoning field of “Sleep Medicine”, as the rule demanded ongoing Medical supervision of everyone involved.

What a “dream” exercise of extraconstitutional power by the globalists and their deep state minions !

Yet, virtually everyone involved cooperated, as it had been presented as a public safety issue, and we couldn’t “be sure”. The compliance achieved was uniform.

Today, I know of no significant EVIDENCE, nor constitutional argument, to justify what was done to many of us.

I suggest everyone at least recognize it for what it was, a trial exercise for raw, unjustifiable deep state power.

I regret not recognizing this for what it was much earlier.

leVieux

<>
    Capitol Armory ad

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Nope - you just used a very poor example, using “those damned “C-PAP” machines” as an example of
    government control.

I along with many others rely upon “those damned “C-PAP” machines” to get a good nights’ sleep and reap all the associated health benefits resulting from sleep.

… Your conspiracy theories know no bounds, and you need a much better hobby to spend your time upon.

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    I didn't realize I had sleep apnea. Would fall asleep while driving my trike with my wife on the back and had to stop frequently when nodding off. Bipap cured it and I no longer doze off; Blood O2 level was dropping into the low 70s before the bipap machine. The machine sent a report via 2G to the manufacturer who had a website where you could look at effectiveness of the machine (an Australian company and not "big brother") which stopped when 2G no longer was up on the air. There is a card in the machne that also records this data which a sleep doctor can request if you are seeing one. I do believe that Doctor leVieux is way off base and just trying to stir the pot.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I need my CPAP for sure!!! Was falling asleep at the wheel and nothing I could do to stay awake... woulda killed myself or others eventually. Been using it for 20 yrs now.

So, what is the deal with CPAPs reporting in? Or being mandatory?

Never heard of such a thing.

:clown:

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Mandated use of a CPAP is an govt overreach, but the wireless reporting of CPAP use by the govt is an anti-fraud system (at least when they pay for your system).

Sleep apnea is real, and the device and equipment is costly to the govt or an insurer. It is also costly in terms of disability costs. A veteran with a diagnosed "severe" case of sleep apnea is automatically 50% disabled with the associated monthly VA disability payment for life.

But some people never get used to sleeping with either a mask or positive air pressure. So this is where the fraud comes in: some people don't use the device, even though they accept the disability payments and receive monthly, quarterly, or annual deliveries of costly medical equipment. (Another anti-fraud measure: many CPAP supplies such as masks and hoses are only available by prescription, which prevents unused supplies from being sold on ebay). The wireless reporting verifies people are using the devices (average hours per night and system diagnostic info such as air pressure, temperature, and humidity through the hose).

The VA does a annual check on my CPAP data. If the data shows I don't use it, then they will remove sleep apnea from my disability rating since I seem to not be disabled enough to require it despite the diagnosis. If I use it, they reorder my consumable supplies. If the data are bad, it suggests I need a new CPAP. Much of the anti-fraud system was created after a Congressional review determined that a lot of VA costs were related to CPAP fraud.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I need my CPAP for sure!!! Was falling asleep at the wheel and nothing I could do to stay awake... woulda killed myself or others eventually. Been using it for 20 yrs now.

So, what is the deal with CPAPs reporting in? Or being mandatory?

Never heard of such a thing.

:clown:
    during my working years I would have a problem with alertness while driving until I was tested and began using a CPAP.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Nope - you just used a very poor example, using “those damned “C-PAP” machines” as an example of
    government control.

I along with many others rely upon “those damned “C-PAP” machines” to get a good nights’ sleep and reap all the associated health benefits resulting from sleep.

… Your conspiracy theories know no bounds, and you need a much better hobby to spend your time upon.
    <>’

You DID “miss the point”, entirely.

Adios !

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Mandated use of a CPAP is an govt overreach, but the wireless reporting of CPAP use by the govt is an anti-fraud system (at least when they pay for your system).

Sleep apnea is real, and the device and equipment is costly to the govt or an insurer. It is also costly in terms of disability costs. A veteran with a diagnosed "severe" case of sleep apnea is automatically 50% disabled with the associated monthly VA disability payment for life.

But some people never get used to sleeping with either a mask or positive air pressure. So this is where the fraud comes in: some people don't use the device, even though they accept the disability payments and receive monthly, quarterly, or annual deliveries of costly medical equipment. (Another anti-fraud measure: many CPAP supplies such as masks and hoses are only available by prescription, which prevents unused supplies from being sold on ebay). The wireless reporting verifies people are using the devices (average hours per night and system diagnostic info such as air pressure, temperature, and humidity through the hose).

The VA does a annual check on my CPAP data. If the data shows I don't use it, then they will remove sleep apnea from my disability rating since I seem to not be disabled enough to require it despite the diagnosis. If I use it, they reorder my consumable supplies. If the data are bad, it suggests I need a new CPAP. Much of the anti-fraud system was created after a Congressional review determined that a lot of VA costs were related to CPAP fraud.
    <>

Yes, you do understand !

The issue is not the “Sleep Apnea”, nor the appropriateness of C-PAP equipment, nor epidemic overweight of American men; I don’t question those.

But, the arbitrary, at the time unsupported, likely unconstitutional manner in which the Government handled it IS MY ISSUE !

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I didn't realize I had sleep apnea. Would fall asleep while driving my trike with my wife on the back and had to stop frequently when nodding off. Bipap cured it and I no longer doze off; Blood O2 level was dropping into the low 70s before the bipap machine. The machine sent a report via 2G to the manufacturer who had a website where you could look at effectiveness of the machine (an Australian company and not "big brother") which stopped when 2G no longer was up on the air. There is a card in the machne that also records this data which a sleep doctor can request if you are seeing one. I do believe that Doctor leVieux is way off base and just trying to stir the pot.
    <>

I have no issue with treatment of the condition, when medically indicated.

Please READ the post.

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I understood your point...government overreach to the max!

The C-Pap my wife uses helps ME to sleep, because she sounds like coal burning locomotive without it...
    <>

Understood, and Thanks.

Was your Wife forced to use C-PAP which automatically “reports” her use to authority ?

Or, was it medically-indicated for a problem she suffered?

For background: I was still a very active Pilot then, and was forced to use the auto-reporter. No escape from government tyranny, even while sleeping in my own bed.

I had never suffered the “sleepiness” which precipitated the entire episode.

It was WRONG for a bureaucrat to force such a sweeping and draconian rule, when there was neither enabling legislation nor scientific evidence of significant danger to the Public, as was claimed.

Lastly, there are several OTHER less intrusive methods to control snoring/apnea, but the “rule” negated their use or trials. One is the simple $3 soft nasal airway, which works well for many, but can’t tattle on its users.

<>

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Normally I hit the watch button. Don't know why I used this method of following this time.

Suffice it to say I'll have thoughts on the subject when I get back home to my desktop and keyboard.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    leVieux,

No - There was no governmental interference.

I asked her to look into it as her very labored breathing/snoring had me concerned for her while I thought she may be suffering from sleep apnea.

So she spent a night at a 'sleep clinic' and was found (as I had suspected) she did indeed suffer from sleep apnea.

They prescribed a C-Pap machine.

So now we both sleep much better.

Top Bottom